cockney cafe

cockney cafe

Posted by kev 
Re: cockney cafe
August 05, 2007 07:33PM
went to polychrono for the first time last year and ate at the cockney cafe,have to say the meals where well worth the money but this year sadly they seem to have gone downhill.We had a home made meat pie last year which was beautiful,nice short crust pastry,huge chunks of meat but this tear it was awful,it was made with lasagne slices for the pastry and tinned bolognese meat,the reason we went last year was because of all the good things we read on here all i can say is they must have had a poor year last year because they seem to be plumping for quantity and not quality.
August 06, 2007 04:06PM
First bad comment I have ever heard about the Cockney Cafe, I hope all is ok with the family and that this was just a one off cause I can't believe Maralyns cooking could ever be bad.

Hope business is well with the family.

Take care
August 06, 2007 09:20PM
We went to there also for the first time last year and thought it was great and we weren't disappointed this year - we ate breakfast there nearly every day and were so grateful to them for opening up earlier last Thursday morning so we could eat before we flew home!
Thanks to Maralyn and the staff.
We'll be back next July staying at the Fanis again.
August 25, 2007 12:57PM
Thankyou for your comments,we are really suprised to learn that you were unhappy with your meal,but it is quite obvious to us that you got a wrong meal,rather thanameat pie made with lasagne sheets and tinned bolognese meat.Let us assure you and all our past present and future customers,we DO NOT,use tinned meat,we pride ourselves on using only the very best and at times very expensive ingrediants for all our meals.If you had read the inside leaf of our menu you would have seen the notice,IF YOU ENJOYED YOUR MEAL,TELL OTHERS.IF NOT TELL US.If you had done that,we would have dealt with it at that moment.You obviously were served a lasagne by mistake,which does have lasagne sheets and minced meat.So dont panic everyone,the Cockney Cafe has certainly not lowered the very high standards that we have set and maintained over the last eight years,and for years to come.Thanks again for all your kind and much appreciated words of kindness and encouragement... Love from all at the Cockney Cafe.
August 29, 2007 11:52AM
Cockney Cafe staff

Yay, Didn't think it could be true, a bad meal in the Cockney Cafe, didn't sound right to me, just wouldn't happen, all the food is beautiful.

Take care
Love Claire xxxx
August 30, 2007 08:16PM
Im sorry but i know the difference between a lasagne and a home made meat pie.
August 31, 2007 11:49AM
Dear mr Norman,far be it for us to suggest otherwise,we obviously made a mistake,for which we apologise again,but equally you could be mistaken.I reiterate again,we do not use tinned meat of any kind,and certainly do not use lasagne sheets as pastry.If you are ever in Polichrono again,please identify yourself,and we will take you into the mountains and deal with your complaint,only joking...ha ha..seriously though come and see us and we will give you a complimentary meal and bottle of wine.We can be no fairer than that.Regards all at the Cockney Cafe.
Sim
September 03, 2007 07:39PM
Ha Ha. Nice response cockney cafe staff. Wouldn't bother with the free bottle of wine though. This guy obviously has no taste buds!!!

Note to Mr P Norman: You spend a lovely summer in a gorgeous place and all you can do is moan about a bleedin meat pie. Get over yourself!!

Sim ;-)~
September 04, 2007 01:14PM
yes we did have a great holiday in a beautiful place thanks and i shall again next year but i think i'll stick with the greek restaurants and avoid the cockney cafe, dont want to end up in a meat pie now do i!
September 13, 2007 03:30PM
Nice one Sim and Nice one whoe ever wrote that from the Cockney cafe staff, funny that over 2 whole summers I never had a bad meal there and I did frequent it on a regular basis.

You may have a lot of P. Normans turning up in the cockney cafe now just for that free bottle of wine.

Hope all ok?
September 14, 2007 08:45PM
Hello Sharks! winking smiley
We came back from our holidays. It was great in Polichrono. Now we are in Poland but there is no Amstels here sad smiley. We miss it very much. Freppe in Coookny was good and very very cheap so we miss it too smiling smiley))). We regret that we hadn't occassion to say goodbye to our friends.

Greetings from Poland!!!
A. I. K.
September 18, 2007 05:51PM
hi marilyn and john
i dont know where P NORMAN went but it was not the cockney cafe. in all the years we have been eating your food cant say its ever been anything but fresh. he must be from mars!!!!!
hope you are all well, dont forget to send me your email address so we can keep in touch.
take care joyce and john
September 18, 2007 06:56PM
So when this thread started in 2005 everbody has praised the meals in the cockney cafe and i just happen to mention that ive had one "bad" meal in about 12 meals that ive had in the two yrs weve been and everybody goe's bananas about it,you really want to lighten up.One negative post in hundreds of good ones really does say something about the cockney cafe.
September 19, 2007 12:20AM
Hi Maralyn and John, Steve and Tico.

My family and friends we met on holiday all enjoyed your meals and hospitality very much, you could not do enough for us, i will have to diet now, lol, but we all enjoyed every meal we had there infact i think we enjoyed them a little too much, i will have to diet now!!!!!!!!!. I appreciated your commments about my children being nice and polite and you liked the fact that my husband pulled out my seat for me to sit, thank you Maralyn for your comments. We will definately be returning, even the people we met want a reunion with us, so see you all next year, take care from Jeanee, Goerdie, Kris and Staci. xx
Oh and with reguards about the meat pie, my hubby had it twice and loved it.!!!!!!!
September 19, 2007 02:58PM
WHAT DOES IT REALLY SAY ABOUT THE CAFE . MR NORMAN.
September 21, 2007 11:34AM
It says that you serve quality food.You've had hundreds of good reviews and i make one negative remark and ive got the cockney cafe fan club wanting my head served on a platter.
September 21, 2007 12:41PM
Hi John and Mal and all the gang at the cockney cafe greetings from freezing cold england,Thank you for another brilliant two weeks at the cockney cafe we've arrived home feeling rested, relaxed and fatter. We think of you everytime our tummies rumble, Vince is constantly hungry I can't seem to fill him up. Once again you made us feel welcome greeting us with happy cheerful smiles no matterwhat time of the day of night we saw you. The food as usual was brilliant (not a tin of mince in sight). look forward to seeing you soon when you get home, and definately again for two weeks next September all our love Hayley,Vince,Michaela,Josh,Sam and Andy x x x x x x
September 22, 2007 09:24PM
now that would be fresh meat, wouldn't be able to complain about that
September 25, 2007 03:06PM
all is good mr norman . thanks for your time .
October 06, 2007 09:18AM
Thankyou very much one and all for your custom and support.We arrived home safely,and are already planning how to feed you hungry people in 2008.A big thankyou to Steve,Tico,Eleni,and all our suppliers for all the hard work keeping the Cockney Cafe at the top.We also agree,its time to give mr Norman a break,a leg or an arm would do,only joking mr N..... Thanks to everyone on that matter,but it is over now,onwards and upwards as always.Please continue to add your comments onto this link,we read it constantly.Have a lovely winter,xmas,and a very prosperous new year,you will need to,cos our prices are going up,ha ha.God bless to all.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.