cockney cafe

cockney cafe

Posted by kev 
Laura
Re: cockney cafe
August 22, 2006 12:00PM
My god I can't believe i've found this website!! I stayed in Greece for 6 weeks when i was 17 and lived in an apartment just behind the cockney cafe. It was one of the best cafes in the world. Marilyn and Jon were brilliant and we ate there all the time!! And their poor family had to translate for us when our landlady (Nula i think) came shouting at us, they were brilliant!!
Alex1978
August 22, 2006 05:21PM
Hi

I trust the guys at the Cockney Cafe as are safe and well. I hope so.

I have been three times to Polichrono and the Cockney Cafe is the best English Breakie on the peninsula, and the people that run it are very welcoming - even to me, a Northerner! - I went for the ''Belly Buster'' one morning - and I'm 5ft 4ins and 9 stone so to get half way through was a minor acheivement!!!

I would certainly suggest anyone visiting to go to the Cafe....its up a side street, so as you can imagine they don't get as much trade as those on the front, but this place beats those hands down.

Ta
Alex
Thomson rep
August 24, 2006 12:06PM
Hi,

I was a rep in Polichrono about 3 years ago and must have visited the Cockney Cafe a million times. Marylin and John are very welcoming and the food is great.

Little john made some pretty dodgy cocktails but well worth trying them out if you dare!!!

If anyone is going to Polichrono this summer, make sure you go to the Cockney Cafe. You won't be dissapointed.

Sim :-)
August 24, 2006 02:11PM
Who could forget us babe, Claire and Simone the 2 thomson reps.

Hey to the family at the cockney cafe, still miss you all and hope to see you all again one day.
Hope you didn't suffer to much damage from the fire, please let me know.

Sim, dood to hear from you babe, hope all is well.

Noe excuse not to keep in touch now.

Lil Jon, be good to hear from you.
Thomson rep
August 24, 2006 02:22PM
Hiya babes,

Hows things with you??

Never knew this website even existed. Glad I found it though. It's brought back some nice memories.

Have you been back since the last time I spoke to you? I'm thinking of taking my little boy next year some time. It would be nice to see a few people.

heard from Sprios from VP and he said they werent affected by fire but was very close.

xx

August 24, 2006 02:27PM
Only been back the once, wasn't the same but didn't get the chance to see who I wanted to so wasn't so great for me but would love to go back with a mate.

You should go, you will still love it.

God, VP were well lucky if not damaged, hilltop was but not badly, prob just smoke.

XXXX
Thomson rep
August 24, 2006 02:49PM

Did you see Marina or anyone from Brit Bar? What about that nutter who worked in the bar that never liked us. Can't remember his name, he just used to shout "come on England" but never liked the English! ha ha

xx
August 24, 2006 03:12PM
Yannis, oh god yeah, what a twat, saw him drive past, he did wave.

Saw Marina very last day, she is working near Moudania now, or was then as Rodi is not with a holiday company anymore, just let them themselves.
But did see her the last day, was weird but so lovely to see her.

Would love to go back and spend time with everyone properly. Hopefully one day.
Stuart Richardson
August 24, 2006 03:35PM
This is a great place to eat if your hungry as the meals are massive, Have the Belly Buster breakfast as it is a breakfast and then some. The owners are very nice and friendly...
MEL & SCOTT
September 06, 2006 12:54PM
HI

JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME IF JOHN AND MAL ARE OK AFTER THE AWFUL FIRES.... I HOPE THEY ARE ALL OK AND IT DIDNT EFFECT THEM TOO BADLY. I DID HAVE MAL MOBILE NUMBER BUT LOST MY PHONE AND LOST IT. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH HER NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS (IF SHE HAS ONE) I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL... WE MISS THEM LOADS AND PROBABLY ARE NOT GONNA GET BACK THIS YEAR AS WE ARE MOVING HOUSE. SO IT WILL BE 2007 BEFORE WE CAN GO AGAIN.

MEL
Stephen & Denise
September 12, 2006 04:39PM
We have just got back from Polichrono and had a great time, the resort was untouched by the fires apart from the forests up the hills, the turtle pond at the top of the hill was almost wiped out (not many left). Even though we stayed at HOTEL ELSA at the other end of the village it was well worth the walk to the Cockney Cafe, the food is beautiful and the people are great, hope your leg gets better soon Mal. we will see you all a.s.p. next year.
Stephen & Denise.
P.S We really recomend HOTEL ELSA the rooms are great and ELSA is briliant.
judy
September 14, 2006 07:40PM
the cokney cafe is the greatest place to go and feel at home ,its just not the food or the lovely tea ,its marilyn and john and lil john,i live here in greece and married to a greek of course being english,i have never felt so at home with such a lovely family,the shop also next door is great,miss u you lots marilyn.thanks so much for making me so welcome.hope u liked the mp3s love judy,george and nikos
mel
September 21, 2006 09:10AM
Hi everybody can someone help me i need email adress of cockney cafe i would like to send some pictures i lost all contacts. Thanks lot
Gary
September 22, 2006 04:58PM
ive just got back from polichrono,had a fab time,marilyn looked after me with her belly buster breakfasts !!.
September 24, 2006 04:32PM
hi everyone if your planning a holiday in polichrono you must visit the cocney cafe.Its run by a wonderful family,the food is great and also the prices.Marilyn and John are some of the nicest people I have ever met.
Gary
September 27, 2006 02:49PM
Are you the same judy who lives in Thessaloniki ?.I think i spoke to you 2 weeks ago,but i could be wrong as well !.
Hayley,Vince,Michaela,Josh and Sam
September 28, 2006 08:53PM
Well as promised I'm sending you my greatest thanks for a second most enjoyable holiday.Once again Marilyn and John not only made us all feel at home and welcome but made our holiday complete.They are the most caring and understanding hosts that we've ever had the pleasure of dining with. I would recomend that everyone who visits polichrono goes to eat at the Cockney cafe, and of course not to forget Alaini her smile brightened up even the most cloudy mornings.Will speak to you soon Marilyn Love and miss you Hayley,Vince,Michaela,Josh and Sam x x x x x p.s I'd better go and unpack now!
November 14, 2006 04:11PM
Hello,

I can't believe how long it's took me to find this site! You probably don't remember me but thought I'd say "hi" to everyone. I worked in Kassandra Palace in Summer 2005 as a singer and Lil Jon was always trying to get me to sing in the cafe. Marilyn and Jon I hope you're ok and the cafe's still as good as it always was. Did you change it all round? If so what's it like? I missed it loads this year but I started working for Thomson and they sent me to Lanzarote! I would love to get back in contact with Lil Jon I lost his number but I'm still on my old English one if he still has it?!

Hope to speak to all soon (if you don't think I'm a compleate loon & don't have any idea who I am ha ha)

Take Care you lovely people
Love
Rachel
xxx

November 20, 2006 01:51PM
Hey Maralyn

You and the boys should set up your own personal website, your fan base must be huge.

Hope your all well

Take care Love Claire xxxxx
August 05, 2007 02:39PM
i have just come back from polichrono and hae to agree the cocney cafe is well worth a vist, hoping to go and stay out there next year, if any one can help plz contact us.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.