Sani Resort

Sani Resort

Posted by Margaret 
angie
Re: Sani Resort
August 30, 2005 11:59AM
I am going to Sani Beach Hotel on 29th September, and wondered if someone could give me some idea how much money to take with me. We are going half board and will no doubt have a few drinks in the evening. Prices seem to differ so much from place to place, so its difficult to judge. I have decided not to put everything on my bill until the end since I had a bad experience with that in Turkey and no resolution to it. Can you get snacks at lunchtime in the hotel? I hope the weather is going to be warm in September/October as I have looked forward to this holiday all year
Mike
September 04, 2005 08:24PM
We returned from a brilliant week at the Sani Beach Club on 11th August. 2 things you need to bear in mind - this is not for the old or infirm due to the nature of its siting - it is set on a hillside and there are steep hills and steps everywhere. However, having said that, an electric buggy service runs 24 hours a day, so wherever you need to go - ie bungalow to reception/pool/beach or visa versa, just ring reception and ask - the service is very good. Secondly, this place can seriously damage your wallet !! We had a standard bungalow with 4 beds - 3 in main area and another bed up a ladder, rather like a top bunk bed (kids will love it). Beware drinks/sweets etc from mini-bar - they do not come cheap. On arrival you are given a `credit card` with which you can purchase anything from the bar, restaurants and even the mini-market. However, in practice you end up not using it - you just sign the `bill` that is presented to you. We spent well over 300 Euros during the week (granted we had an expensive grandaughter with us !!). Beware however, if you order a round of drinks, you are presented with the bill (in a folder with a pend) - if you remember you had forgotten to order something you are then presented with a second bill. The first bill shows the total for the first order, the second will show the additonal item, but the sub-total on the second will be the amount of the original bill plus the drink you forgot to order - ie you will have one bill for, say, 10 euros, and the second one for 13 euros. Not that I am not saying you would get charged for both if you signed them both, but we always `disposed` of the first bill just in case !!
Apart from that:
Accommodation - brilliant
Pool - brilliant (watch out in main pool - deep end is 3 metres !!)
Beach - brilliant (very shallow, 99.9% sand)
Main restaurant - pretty good
Grounds - brilliant - lawns immaculate and everywhere spotless
Staff - couldn`t do more for you
Nationalities: Mainly English, some Italians & Spanish and quite a lot of eastern Europeans.
Sunbeds (poolside) - no problem - but beware, put your towels on them at, say, 07:00 and you will find them gone if you go back at 10:00 - not by other guests, but by the staff !!! The rule says no towels before 09:00 - you can stretch it to after 08:00 but don`t complain if you find you towels nicely piled in the corner when you return. We never had a problem with sunbeds except from late in the morning. Up until 11:00 there were generally some available.
Sunbeds (beach) - can`t speak for them as we didn`t use them - if we wanted to go into the sea we just walked down to the beach (all of 50 metres or so from the pool)
Would we go back - hell yes - tomorrow if I could afford it.
If anybody would like to see some photos of the site, just let me know and I will put them up on my site for you to look at them.
Ian & maxine
September 09, 2005 09:04PM
In reply, you are probably going at the best time as it is a bit quieter towards the end of the season, but still lots to do, we are going again (4th time) on the 15th, always a great time, we always take about 5-600 euros and end up bringing half of them back, we stay half board, but prebook a car with hertz about £90 4-5 days always book the smallest car as they often give you an upgrade free to a much bigger car, we go out some nights for a meal in one of the villages and use our extra tokens for a nice lunch in the mariner, Sure you will have a great time, keep an eye on the weather online web site pretty good for a forcast
all the best
PS Porto sani village is just for the snobs who carn't afford asterias suites
when you are in sani you can go where ever you want no fuss, nices place is feeding the fish at the harbour
angie
September 10, 2005 09:26PM
Thanks for the info its really helpful. We are going n 29th September and hope the weather will be good. Haven't been to Greece before. Last year suffered Hurricane Jeanne in Dominican lol. I am staying at Sani Beach Hotel, not because I have lots of money, just because it looked an ideal place for ret and relaxation. I would ike to thank you all for your comments and information, they are most helpful. I take all on board before I go and know where I stand when I am there. You are all very kind.
I am looking forward to going and think it is wise to pay as you go when you get to the resort, otherwise the bill can get out of hand. I know a holiday isn't about how much money you spend, but is I believe about not being ripped off and believe me I wont be.
You are all very kind, thank you.
Regards, Angie
Mike
September 11, 2005 06:22AM
Make sure you take a look around all the rest of the site (marina/beach club etc) - there is a frequent free shuttle bus service.
Donna
September 12, 2005 09:12AM
thinking of booking for sani, end of May 06 do you have any idea how warm it will be?
Mike
September 12, 2005 10:32AM
Not too bad:
Sea
Temp Max
oC oC Sun Humidity
March 16 15 11 69
April 18 16 12 65
May 21 19 13 60
June 27 23 13 57
July 29 26 13 55
August 29 26 13 54
September 25 24 11 58
October 21 20 10 62
November 16 17 9 65
Mike
September 12, 2005 10:35AM
Sorry, the above is not very clear !

May
Temp 21C
Sea: 19C
Sun Hours: 13
Humidity60%

For the whole year try here:
[www.g-hotels.gr]
sheila smith
September 15, 2005 08:36PM
im going with my family 0n the 24th sept 05 im getting married at sani and stopping at the sani beach hotel and im just wondering what the weather was like at the moment. thanks
Jo
September 17, 2005 11:11AM
Bullit,

Having just returned from 2 weeks staying at the San asterias suites, I feel I'm better placed to respond to your mail - we read it before we went and concerned us slightly particulary your comments about the suites being twice the price and not worth the money.

I agree with most of the comments you make about quality of the resort and it being a great place to stay, however I would like to put our point of view forward specifically on 2 points that you raised:-

We didn't feel the Beach Hotel or Club was Chav central - we met a lot of nice and helpful people from these hotels and enjoyed a drink or 2 with them as our children played. Yes the feel at these hotels is a little busier, but they are catering for a different market - this is what I feel is the big plus of Sani, but to categorise them as Chavs is plain wrong. To illustrate this point, could I and my family be classed as chavs by other guests at the san asterias suites because we are from the north of England and my husband enjoyed an occasional beer around the pool?

We also booked direct and the price of the San Asterias Suites was not exactly twice the price - but I guess this depends on the circumstances. There is no question that it is more expensive but for me the value for money is down to your personal situation. We looked around the porto sani village and we felt it was a quality hotel, but felt that for us and our little boy to get full benefits he would have to be a little older. If we return in the next 18 months 2 years we would probably choose the village. At the suite we had a ground floor room opposite the beach with a garden and this was perfect for us all to relax and enjoy the surrounding with a toddler. This cost more than the Porto Sani Village (but not twice) but the extra was worth it.

Hope others find this helpful when chosing their hotel at Sani. As a resort and a holiday location I can't recommend it enough.

Regards,

Jo.
Martine
September 19, 2005 09:15AM
Thinking of going to the Porto Sani Village, has anyone any info on the "babe watch" & kids club?
nigel
January 11, 2006 10:12PM
hi there thinking of going to sani suit for a few days with my girlfriend.. anybody know what there junior beach front suits are like..? and the service ,dinning and beach etc.. thanks. nigel
Sal
January 26, 2006 07:26PM
Could anyone explain to me how the accommodation works for a family with two children of different sexes. Do they provide an extra bed in the suites ( I am thinking of Porto Sani here) and is there generally enough room for them? Be grateful for any info. thanks
Kathleen
January 28, 2006 10:06PM
Thinking of going to Sani in July.With regards to the kids clubs,are they based in the Sani Beach Hotel only? This is the impression I get from the brochures. If this is the case, how convenient/practical is this,if you are not staying in the hotel itself. Our children are 8 and 5
Helena
February 07, 2006 08:58AM
Thinking of going to Porto Sani in July. Can anyone tell me how far is the beach, 200, 300 ... m??

Thanks
dana
October 02, 2006 05:20PM
has anyone out there been with teenagers and which would you recomend.my husband and i are thinking of going next july however, confused which to book? we enjoy quiet but our daughter wants to meet kids her own age but not chavs!
thanks

bullit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just back from two weeks at Porto Sani Village
> and had a fantastic holiday!
>
> Of the four hotels at Sani this offers the best
> combination of proper 5* luxury, great food, good
> value and is very family friendly. Whilst at Sani
> we also visited the other three hotels San
> Asterias Suites, Sani Beach Club and Sani Beach
> Hotel.
>
> San Asterias Suites are exactly twice the cost of
> Porto Sani Village and in my opinion are simply
> not worth the additional cost especially for a
> family holiday. Also I would steer well clear of
> the Beach Club and the Beach Hotel which we
> visited and were "Chav Central!"
>
> Porto Sani Village was full during our stay but
> did not feel full or crowded. We did not
> experience any of the usual problems of obtaining
> sunbeds either by the pool or on the beach which
> you could normally get at any time of day without
> having to reserve first - this is in complete
> contrast to the Beach Club and Beach Hotel which
> we visited at around 9.30am and it would have been
> impossible to obtain a bed either on the beach or
> by the pool. Additionally sunbeds are for adults
> only at the other hotels whereas all the family
> can have one at Porto Sani Village. You have your
> own section of beach reserved for guests of Porto
> Sani Village and San Asteris Suites which is well
> spaced out and has waiter service etc - the other
> beaches reminded me of battery hens!
>
> Also I would definitley choose bed and breakfast
> as opposed to half board. Whilst half board guests
> can take advantage of the Dine Around scheme this
> only gives them a voucher towards the cost of the
> meal which is less than the half board rate.
> Additionally the Dine Around scheme excludes some
> restaurants such as Alexis which is a great
> inexpensive Taverna where we had some fantastic
> meals for around £10 a head.
>
> The quality of the rooms at Porto Sani Village
> were great and the in room DVD player certainly
> helped to keep our three year old occupied! We had
> a "Deluxe Suite" which is spacious (around 600 sq
> ft) and luxurious and included our own private
> garden with sunbeds etc.
>
> I really can't recommend Porto Sani Village enough
> and we met other guest s (good international mix)
> there who returned year after year - apparently
> they achieve 60% repeat visitors and we will
> certainly be back!
>
> Any other questions please feel free to ask!

March 21, 2007 09:46AM
chav central?? i have never seen 1 at the club or hotel... i'v been going for 5 years x
March 27, 2007 05:52PM
Hi - Been going to Halkidiki to stay with Greek friends for 17 years - (own Central Cafe Hanioti) - another branch of this family own the Blue Dream Camping that is just around the bay to the left of sani resort. They have great local style tavera and there is also a nationally recognised club there which in season is frequented by Greek celebraties & managed by Giorgos (George), Anyone can go !! nice for a walk during the day..........Steve
April 25, 2007 01:49PM
Well I'm back and we have booked to return to Porto Sani Village again this year.......

Tried Crete last year (Peninsular All Suite Hotel) and despite costing significantly more than Porto Sani Village it fell woefully short of the standards set by Sani and I can appreciate why Sani gets so many repeat visitors.

As this is our second visit we qualify for a 10% discount including food and drink which is nice!

mag
July 22, 2007 03:18PM
bullit

Your comments are appreciated. We are going to Port Sani Village (with teenagers) on Wednesday. Just wondered whether you had been back yet and, if so, if you had any up to date info which may be helpful to us.

Thank you

mag
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login