Halkidiki Travel books

Halkidiki Travel books

Posted by amy 
amy
Halkidiki Travel books
June 13, 2006 09:42AM
Does anyone know of any helpful travel books for halkidiki. I want to get the best out of my holiday that is booked for next month. Have only found general greek books with few pages on Halkidiki so far. Amy
Re: Halkidiki Travel books
June 13, 2006 05:48PM
Hi I have a small size 130 page guidebook of 20 walks in Halkidiki -it is in German and English- the walks are marked by signs (tridents) pinned to trees etc. We were in halkidiki in may staying with Greek friends Thanasis & Menia who have the Cenral Cafe in Hanioti Square.
We used the guide to walk from Polichrono up into the hills / forest to find a pond that contains "turtles" (actually terrapins) when we eventually found them they were large and numerous. The guide or myself initially got us off the right track and we had to follow signs from the main road that the guide said was less scenic but it was quite nice if not a little bit of a trek !!
We have been going to Hanioti for 16 years and are going for Greek easter next april.
The guidebook is yours if you would like it - send me your address to sgrant1259@btinternet.com - it is a little worn with some suntan oil on the back pages (should not be expensive to post to you).
It was published by Halkidiki hotel Association. While you are there pop in to the central cafe and enjoy great company. Cheers Steve & Sherrilyn (Cumbria)
Darren Allen
June 13, 2006 08:06PM
HI YOU CAN ALSO GET MY BOOKLET HALKIDIKI EXPERIENCE WHEN YOU ARRIVE, JUST ASK YOUR REP FOR A COPY, IF NOT CALL ME ON 00306973223314

THANKS DARREN ALLEN
amy
June 20, 2006 04:16PM
Many thanks Steve, I will send my info to you today. We are really lloking forward to our holiday and would love to have the book. Thankyou very much, Amy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login