back from hanioti 2day

back from hanioti 2day

Posted by dave 
dave
back from hanioti 2day
June 12, 2006 08:51PM
crap weather the week just gone, looked tto be brightening up ttthis mornin too ha ha, saw my mate branco @ kelfos, what a playa ha ha, the new lad george is sound too, and cant 4get christos he a top bloke, anyone off out there or just got bk?
Manc lass
Re: back from hanioti 2day
June 15, 2006 04:21PM
Hi dave we just got back from hanioti last thursday (7th June) .
Sounds like you went the week after us and got the rain which had just started the day before we left.
Our first week was really hot in the 30s when we got off the plane- this lasted all week, our second week cooled down a bit until Wednesday 6th June when it rained and had amazing lightning storm also that night.

This was a complete reverse of the year before when the second week was hottest, just shows you that nothing is predictable weather wise.

We stay at the Lesse hotel in hanioti which is lovely, hoping to visit again next year when the kids are on school hols again.

I dont think i could cope with the weather in August, I've heard it gets in the 40's.

Did you go on any interesting excursions or just laze on a sunbed for 2 wks none stop.
(How do people do that?? you miss everything!)

We went on the pirate cruise and had a nice walk into pefkohori, but the walk into polichrono from our hotel was a killer in the heat, we under estimated how far it was.
dave
June 18, 2006 11:18PM
hiya, my first week was really nice lol,got sun burnt,so 2nd week when the rain came i was ttouring tthe place, was in kelfos everynight,as i gett on wit branco and cristos...i got apartment outt there and going back end of august,love tthe place
di james
June 19, 2006 05:43PM
Dave, where the wasps really bad. read loads of reports saying they were a nightmare. Is it really that bad?
June 19, 2006 06:03PM

I'm going next week and wondering exactly the same about the wasps!!!
Manc lass
June 19, 2006 09:59PM
I dont remember seeing that many wasps or bee's in Hanioti.
I only saw one or two huge bees.
Unfortunatley my daughter did get stung when we stopped at a beach on a cruise one day.
I have heard there are more bee's/wasps up at the sani area, but haven't been there personally.
dave
June 19, 2006 10:42PM
not hardly any wasps there, just loads of annoyin white fluff fillin the air, if anyone goin to kelfos and ya like cocktails, try the purple people eater, or the b52, well nice, and if ya hungry and want nice fresh food check out the hot goblin, its on the row behind the amusements place, food is scrummy, and if ya want any gold go to nikos, to find him take the road that goes down the side of love street bar, the gold shop next to kelfos is a rip off shop, i get all my gold from nikos as its the best in hanioti, and WATCH OUT for all the fake clothes, everything clothes wise there is fake so be warned, and dont bring knives back to here cause i got stopped at thessaloniki airport with a 20inch blade lol, the cops came an allsorts man.........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login