Nemos Studios, Polichrono

Posted by Nina Warren 
Nina Warren
April 17, 2003 12:45PM
Can anyone tell my about the Nemos Studios in Polichrono? I'm going there mid-June. According to our holiday brochure, only hand towels are provided, not bath. Is this true?
peter
Re: Nemos Studios, Polichrono
May 15, 2003 10:18PM
Sorry about the delay in providing info but ive just started browsing after a winter lay off.Nemos are right on the beach ,at the end of the prom. Went there 2 yrs ago,family run,studios pretty small but clean,take your own towels as they seem very reluctant to change them .Small bar which provides sandwiches,but nothing major.10 min walk takes you in to Polychrono,good variety of restaurents,but not great night life,take a cab to Hanioti for a change of scene
PHIL
May 18, 2003 03:15PM
I stayed in the Gallini apps, just down the beach from the NEMOS. This year we are staying at the Nemos,don't worry to much about towels,the're not huge but adequite,take one beach towel just in case.The good thing about the Nemos is that it is right on the beach, walk 5 yards from the front arch and you are on the sand, 5 more yards and you are in the water,it's clean and warm and if you want to lie on the beach the Memos provides sunloungers,I think that they might be free of charge to residents.
Polichrono itself is a nice little Greek seaside village.
Enjoy the experience,
Hilary
Re: Gallini Studios, Polichrono
June 23, 2003 05:11PM
Have just read your message from this May. I'm off to the Gallini appts end next week and just wondered what you thought of them? There are 5 of us going - age range 20 - 53. Hope we're all going to like it! What do you think?

Thanks.
Chris Campbell
May 11, 2004 03:54PM
We will be going back to the Nemos for the 3rd time in June so might see you there.

No Bath towels, No shower curtains and put your toilet roll in the bin, not down the toilet but most of self catering in Greece (real greece) is very basic.

Nice people

Nice bar at the Nemos

Right on the beach

Plenty of places to eat

We think its a very nice place
Jacqueline
June 07, 2004 03:38PM
Does the Nemos have air conditioning?
CATHY
June 10, 2004 07:01PM
We have just got back i feel upset as i wish i was back there weve been home for two days now and we stayed in pollichrono we were in villa panormara on the hill i wonder if any of you have seen billys land wat a wonderful cafe and hes soooo nice aswelll !!! has anyone else stayed in villa panormara please email me i want to fgo throug my holiday as bes as i can!!
Phil
June 14, 2004 05:39PM
The Nemos does not have aircon, hey who cares it's one of the best places in the whole of Chalkidiki for its proximity to the beach, from the apps, to the waters edge its only 45 paces, I know I'm going back there in July for the 4th time. Oh! by the way you can hire an electric fan from the bar at the Nemo.
Enjoy your holiday it's a great place.
Phil.
Jenny
June 14, 2004 09:22PM
Going to Nemos end of July looks and sounds wondeful. Can any one let me know if you have use of a swimming pool close by?? Thanks
Phil
June 15, 2004 06:57PM
I'm sorry Jenny no pool,just acres of beautiful Mediterranean sea, which you will find warmer than you're local heated swimming pool. The water is calm, non tidal and clear as crystal, unlike some swimming pools,litter,fag ends,the odd can or bottle and that wonder of man the sticking plaster, stick to the sea the sharks eat all the rubbish!!!!!![joke].
Phil.
Jenny
June 17, 2004 11:45AM
Thanks Phil for the information. You sound as if you have been to Nemos quite a lot. Our flight lands at 22.30 so we will probably not be in our accomodation much before 01.00. I expect we will be very thirsty by then, is there any where open to get a drink, or bottled water for your room, or do you get a bottle of water provided in your room. Any other useful information would be useful.
Jacqueline
June 17, 2004 03:50PM
Thanks for the info.

Im going to Nemos three weeks today - me and my boyfriend are really excited. Its are first time away together!!
Phil
June 20, 2004 01:00PM
You can buy bottled water from the bar at the Nemos, rent electric fans,there's a good sized refridgerator in the rooms. Some people have moaned about the fact that there isn't a shower curtain, daft really because the whole room is a shower, just cover the toilet roll and everything just A.O.K..You are provided with medium sized towels more than adequate to dry yourself after a shower, anyway the weather is so warm by the time you reach for your towel you are half way dry.The rooms have a 2 ringed hot plate enough to fry or boil the odd meal but with all the choices of Tavernas and cafes in Polichrono, cooking is a waste of Holiday time.We will be there from the 8th July to the 22nd July, I'm looking foward to it just over 2weeks to go.
Phil....
Angela
June 22, 2004 09:28AM
We are going to Nemos in 3 weeks, booked accomodation from internet, have just got the brochure and note that it is over a bar, hope this does not prove to be noisy especially in the evenings. Can any one advise???
Phil
June 22, 2004 07:13PM
Angela rest assured the Nemos is at the quiet end of the beach and the only noise you will hear up to about 11 30pm, is the sound of Greek music occasionally some pop, but played at a volume that allows a conversation to be carried out without the need to shout. After midnight all you will hear is the sea and that is very considerate, just a gently lapping sound, the greatest noise is provided by the crickets. You will enjoy the Nemos, it's a great holiday destitation, you will find when you get there that some of the other guest are on their 2nd or 3rd stay.
Phil
Paul Rees
June 23, 2004 08:18AM
Hi,
Ref a pool at Nemos, no there is not one but you are able to go to Kostas at the top of the hill on the main road. They will let you use theirs, especially if you buy drinks there.
Paul
dawn
July 08, 2004 09:43PM
Angela we have just spent 2 weeks at Nemos - arrived back at 2.30pm today We had a great time, the bar stays open until the last customers leave-whenever that is- but the music and chat from the bar can hardly be heard from the apts so i am sure you will not be disturbed.You might hear Demitrios the cute barman heading off home at 3.am on his honda though! p.s. could you please tell him that the girl with the v.long dark hair from apt 6 who left on 8 july thinks he is gorgeous-i was too shy to speak to him. Hope you have a fantastic holiday-polychrono is great.
Harry Baldwin
July 11, 2004 01:27PM
We are going to Nemos Studios on 23rd of September 04. It will be our first time. Do we need to take our travel kettle or do they provide them.
Are the mosquitos bad? Thats all we need to know.

thanks
dawn
July 11, 2004 02:20PM
yes you will need a travel kettle Harry .We stayed at Nemos 24.6-8.07 no problems at all with the mozzies!
Angela
July 12, 2004 01:44PM
We have just come back from Nemos - we did get bit by the mozzies, but we did sleep with our window open and forgot to put our mozzie plug in on that partidular night. Mosquito plug-ins and repelants are readily available in the supermarkets. Great place to stay, good basic clean apartments. At the quieter end of the town but straight out onto the beech. Could not ask for better. Good supermarket and restaurants about 10 mins walk away. Snacks and drinks available at bar. The bar will also sell you 6 ltr bottles of water for 3 euros so you do not have to carry it back from the shops. Had a really good chill out week at Nemos wish I was still their.
PS - excellent place to eat is "Summer Garden" the waitresses name is Mary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login