Kalithea Clubs

Kalithea Clubs

Posted by lee 
lee
Kalithea Clubs
May 12, 2005 05:55PM
been to pefkhori's No'-No's last year and want to try the clubs in kalithea. really just need to know as much information about them as possible, were staying in hanioti.
Kezzybabes
Re: Kalithea Clubs
May 12, 2005 06:14PM
Well you need the strip of bars/clubs just before the main bit of Kalithea,there are the old faves Bubbles(i'll be the pi**ed up one propping the outside bar up!!!!!!!!!!)& Ahoy.....there is a big "proper" club a bit further down which has had a few name changes over the years,it used to be called Privalege,not sure what it is now but i'll find out & post back.There are also smaller places as you make your way down the strip which have a habit of closing then opening as something else so your guess is as good as mine as to what will be there this year.Soz not much use but as i said..places have a habit of moving & changing names!!These places are open til at least 4a.m(i've stumbled out of a few at 6/7 a.m though)they usually stay open later (6ish)in high season,they're pretty packed at weekends when all the Greeks visit from Salonika,lots of drink driving goes on(NOT RECCOMENDED)so you need to be a bit careful at chucking out time.Some of the bars will ring a taxi for you but failing that you just walk up to the Macedonia sun hotel & there's phone boxes there(taxi's quite difficult to get hold of sometimes & make sure you've got a phonecard!!)either that or you chat the security bloke up & he gives you a lift.....or you get a lift home from the Bubbles boys!!!..............oh no i guess that'd only work for girls lol!!!!!Will try & find out what's there this year & post back.
Kezzybabes
May 12, 2005 06:33PM
P.S drinks are more like the prices here but huge measures & there's usually a fair few free shots thrown in (sniff them first!!!!!!!!!!!!!eh Cheryl??),good mix of music & dancing on the bars,don't go on a transfer night as it's a bit dead,Fri Sat Sun best nights.
lee
May 12, 2005 08:40PM
cheers kezzy, if we do end up at the clubs, wouldnt mind meeting up and buying you a drink for your info.
Kezzybabes
May 13, 2005 06:58AM
What after the stick i've given some of your mates on here????????????lol! Thanks for the offer anyway.....i'll be in Bubbles every night & mine's a voddy,lime n lemonade ta very much!!!I'll be visiting friends in Hanioti anyway so i'll probably see you before you see me!! Info's what i'm here for.....if i know,i'll tell!Oh yeah........Kalitheas wicked for post club gyros too,going in the wrong direction to Hanioti but it's walkable from the clubs then just get taxi from the rank in Kalithea,some pretty nice bars (not clubs though)in the main bit of Kalithea too!
Sarah
May 13, 2005 02:01PM
Crazy Dogs is good,

Aqua not bad
Kezzybabes
May 13, 2005 05:17PM
Never been in crazy dogs....where is that 1?Yeah Aqua not bad but seemed to spend more time closed than open last time i was there.
Nicola
May 14, 2005 08:27PM
Had a strange night in Ahoy last year in a very bad thunderstorm!!!
That was really weird, got soaked IN the club, ha ha
Sarah
May 16, 2005 08:03AM
Crazy Dogs, next to Aqua, on the left

Aqua and Dogs work only weekends, except between July1st, August 20th , when they opet every night.
Kezzybabes
May 16, 2005 08:15AM
Cheers Sarah,i get there 1st July so looks like i'll be giving crazy dogs a go this year!!
cheryl
May 25, 2005 10:29PM
Of course Kerry, the best advice you have ever given on here, i would be advisable to have a smell of your drink first, unless you like pure garlic shots (not reccommended when you are working the next day!!!). And beware you sometimes find little grey dacshounds stealing your vodka so watch out!!!!!!
Kezzybabes
May 25, 2005 11:07PM
Oh so THAT'S where all the voddy was going!!& there was me thinking WE'D drank it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Does the little grey fella fancy a holiday this year?Panda's going! smiling smiley
Sarah
May 27, 2005 07:50AM
Kezzy,

If you are ariving on July 1st, maybe we'll see you in Kalithea!
CLAIRE
May 27, 2005 02:42PM
Bubbles then on to AHOY for sure, fab, Privelage next door is good too but I prefer AHOY.
Kezzybabes
May 28, 2005 07:10AM
Sarah....yeah i'm there 1st July so you'll more than likely see me,i can't wait to get there again!
Sam the man
June 23, 2005 03:38PM
Hey - anybody know if any good djs are playing in Kalithea this year?
Kerry
June 26, 2005 04:52PM
Not heard anything so far but i'm going over on Thursday so i'll post when i get back if there are any decent ones Sam.
nicola
June 27, 2005 10:52AM
Hey Kerry, how long are you going over for?
i have at last booked my flight , i am going a week on thursday for 2 weeks. i am really looking forward to it.
Kerry
June 27, 2005 04:31PM
Hi Nicola......good news that you're finaly going to make it over.I'm going for 2wks.x
Lisa
June 30, 2005 11:53AM
How far away is hanioti from kalithea? I am going on 21st July but will wanna try a few nights in kalithea. What music is played in the clubs? Dance? R n B?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login