hotel pegasus- Hanioti

hotel pegasus- Hanioti

Posted by ron 
ron
hotel pegasus- Hanioti
April 25, 2005 04:18PM
coud anyone tell me if the hotel pegasus still operates and do they take english guests and if they are in any engish brochures

thanks

ron
Re: hotel pegasus- Hanioti
April 26, 2005 08:35AM
Think you will find that the Pegasus does not take english visitors any more. There is a thread about this. Ask Rosemary - i think she mightve been looking into booking direct.
Kezzybabes
April 26, 2005 09:49AM
Ron if you look at the main forum page,just above the thread listings you will see various things(in very small writing)such as "new topics" "view threads" etc.....there is a search facility where you can enter pegasus hotel & if you fill in the "all dates" box then it will bring up every thread or post about the pegasus,apparently i was right in my e-mail to you,they are taking German holidaymakers now but you might want to read them for yourself,i noticed that the first 2 or 3 are the most recent ones that cover the fact that that hotel is hard to get.I've probably just ranted on for nothing because you may have found the search facility & looked already lol but hope it helps a bit if you haven't.
Rosemary
April 26, 2005 07:23PM
Pegasus will take bookings if booked direct. They do not deal with British tour operators. I hav full address if you need it. Problem is getting there from airport unless you dont mind driving
Kezzybabes
April 26, 2005 10:26PM
or about 75 euros in a taxi.x
February 15, 2006 09:16AM
Could anyone let me have a contact Email or how to contact for the Pegasus, I have looked at this hotel many times and noticed it been refubished the last 2 seasons. Would like to book for June 2006 if they take British people (midleaged couple ). Any one could offer reviews would be most welcome.
Rosemary
February 15, 2006 01:51PM
We went to see the owners in Pegasus in September. They only book independant travellers now and do not have any association with British tour agents. I agree the hotel is lovely, but it is extremly quiet there now. I have a price list and contact details for Pegasus if you want it. You'd need to make your own way from Thessalonika though.
Rosemary
February 15, 2006 01:58PM
Forgot to mention that we have stayed in the Pegasus previously. Rooms were large, 2 ring work top hob. Basic but enough pots, pans etc. No kettle which isn't unusual in Greece. Pool small, with little fountain area. Sufficient loungers for guests. Safety deposit boxes in receprion area which is just through doors at top of delightful staircase entrance. Top floor rooms are maisonette style with a small 2 bedded room upstairs from lounge area.. Suitable for families.
February 15, 2006 04:44PM
Thanks for your reply if you could please forward contact details and price please. If you could send it to me via link or maybe post it on hear? We have traveled independantly to Hanoti before taxi from airport was 60 euros each way, but alot quicker than transfers.About 40/50 mins. airport to hotel. many thanks Alan
bev
February 15, 2006 09:04PM
Hi,

Noticed your e mail if you know Hanioti I can give you details of a newly refurbished hotel or a privately owned apartment 30 metres from the main beach. Hotel is lovely and has a swimming pool very close to beach. Ring me if interested Bev/Dave 0191 529 3286.
Jane
February 15, 2006 10:33PM
Can you give me details too please. We have been going 30 years, lived there for three, so know all the peninsula well. We may be interested in the privately owned apartment, especially for next year if it is available on year round rental.

Thanks
danielle
February 16, 2006 08:00PM
Hi Jane, i believe you are looking to rent in Hanioti possibly for the year. I understand you have previously done this for around £1500, which is remarkable bearing in mind this works out at 40 Euros per week or approx £28. If you can advise me of this accommodation i would be happy to rent it too for £4 per night, but it must have towels, linen, air conditioning and does it have a garden (not necessary), but nice to know. Otherwise i'll take a tent on the beach...at least i'll have first choice of the sunbeds. Please could you get back to me as soon as possible as we have flights to arrange

With thanks

Danielle

Jane
February 16, 2006 09:16PM
Not sure what you are asking Danielle. Are you asking me where we used to rent? This was from 1999 to 2001 inclusive, and our last rent was, yes, £1500 for the year. This was a furnished house, masionnette on two floors with two bedrooms, bathroom and lounge come kitchen. Yes there was a huge garden. There were 8 maisonettes in total (in semi detached style) and you had your own BBQ and use of swimming pool in July and August. The beach was over the road. Nothing else was included. You had to pay for water and electricity and it cost us about £200 a year - we lived there 8-9 months each year. We bought our own linen, TV, washing machine etc. We also took our own portable air con unit. As we drove over there was no problem taking things each year.

I am not sure how much it would be now, although last year we found a place in Siviris for £2000 for the whole year but they didnt allow dogs, so we couldnt go as we have a labrador.

There are places that are reasonable to rent. In fact we have one to look at this year which will be around £2K furnished. We will have to take our own air con and buy a washing machine and TV.

So, again, I am not sure what you are asking. Do you know somewhere to rent in Hanioti? Our place was not in a tourist area, it was over the other side of the peninsula.

If you are asking me for info on the place to rent for £1.5K, then I am sorry but I do not have the contact details any more. Obviously the rent was good but we had three years there (for your info first year was £1K, awxons £1.5K and third year remained at £1.5 ish (remember we changed to Euro and it made it a little more expensive)and we want a different place in a different village this time. NOt necessarily Hanioti either.

Perhaps you will let me know if you are asking for info, or you have info on places to rent.

We didnt take it on a weekly or nightly basis. You rented all year, and if you wanted you could stop all year. We didnt, but it worked for us
Jane
February 17, 2006 08:41AM
Oh, and Danielle, this was not in a tourist area at all. The other houses were rented by Greek people and we were lucky to find them. The landlord did not speak English but I speak Greek. And remember, you rented all year and were expected to be around at least half of it so you could contribute to the electricity and water like everyone else.

I am sure if you want to find a reasonably priced place to rent you can, you just have to spend time looking. We spent the whole of our three weeks holiday the previous year looking around before we found the one we eventually rented.

Otherwise, like you say, take your tent to the beach.
Danielle
February 17, 2006 10:05PM
Hi Jane, nice to hear from you.. again!

Correct me if i'm wrong luv, but didn't you request information from Bev on the possibility of renting a private apartment for a year next to Hanioti beach? Now that is most definately a tourist resort, (well it is for at least for six months). Though i haven't seen her reply yet i'm sure if you offered £2000 for the year or 56 Euros per week (less than 6 quid a night), she'd tell you to sling your hook off the nearest jetty at Pefkohori beach. Lets face it we're talking the cost of a couple of bottles of appelia and a chicken souvlaki. In fact it's not far short of what you'd expect to pay for 2 loungers and an umbrella on Hanioti beach, mm... that could be an option to the tent! I admire your sense of worth however, and wish you the best of luck in your search..inland. Taking a leaf out of your book, i'm off to book my flight now...... with the local hang gliding club!!

Kalinihta
JANE
February 17, 2006 11:40PM
Get lost Danielle, I was trying to help you out. I dont mind renting in Hanioti if that is where I can find a good place, but, quote, LUV, I requested information here because it was advertised.

My sense of worth. Well I dont know what you have been doing, but at least I have visited there over 30 years, and lived there 3, and a lot cheaper than you can apparently find.

Shows what you know. I have an offer of £2K all year already from local Greek friends. You do your hangliding and tent on the beach, and leave those in the know to their own devices

This is supposed to be a forum for helpful advise, not sarcasm. If you think you can do better, great, go ahead. I have the knowledge, experience and Greek friends to realise my ambitions. And yes, £6 per night, ALLYEAR, not a measly two weeks.

Get real, and try to help people instead of insult and make fun.

I will not be replying again to you, you obviously have some sort of score to settle, perhaps you pay too much each year. Anyway, I have no problems in renting quality accomodation long or short term, and I can spend the time necessary to research before we go again next year ALL YEAR.

Asta la vista, and hope I dont hear from your sort again

Rosemary
February 18, 2006 05:11PM
And back to the original topic....................HOTEL PEGASUS
FAO Alanapp
here is the email you asked for
www.pegasushotel.gr
February 18, 2006 07:00PM
Sorry to go off the topic again Rosemary but DANIELLE Jane is correct in her pricing of accomodation,i was planning on moving to Halkidiki this year after working 6 summers there & visiting for 20 years & the price i was given to rent an appartment for the FULL YEAR was 2000 euros excluding bills obviously & that's a brand new appartment in a complex with a pool & sea views or the option of an appartment without a pool for 1500 euros!so i might suggest that you research a little & make sure you have a valid reason for insulting people who obviously know what they're talking about.Go ahead & book your flight with the hang gliding club........i'll be on my nice comfy B.A flight which is also a bargain!
Jane if i can get any more details for the acom i've mentioned would you be interested?not sure about air con etc as i was planning on moving permanently so i'd have bought my own unit anyway!
Sorry again to go off topic!x

smiling smiley
February 19, 2006 07:10PM
Thanks Rosemary thats been or should I say will be a big help.
Danielle
February 19, 2006 07:47PM
Now come on Jane, where's your sense of humour and Greek hospitality? It's nice you've visited Hanioti for thirty years, as for me being "relatively" young, i admit not having had that opportunity. Unable to ascertain exactly which ambitions you're realizing,- with the knowlage, experience and know you say you have, would'nt it have been prudent to have purchased your own property years ago, as opposed to going on holiday in order you might research potential lets. As for the "measly" two weeks you mockingly refer to, many people are grateful for the opportunity to get away for that length of time - many dont have that opportunity! - naughty Jane. As for a score to settle, i think not, your reply's suggest you're not even in the game..and as for my circumstances, you can only presume what they are.
Cheerio Luv,
Danielle x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login