Car Hire

Car Hire

Posted by Charlie 
Charlie
Car Hire
April 05, 2005 11:15AM
Is it quite easy to hire a car in Hanioti? Wanting to do a wee bit of exploring while we're out there.
Kezzybabes
Re: Car Hire
April 05, 2005 01:41PM
As far as i know there is a hire place right in the main square,might be wrong but i'm sure someone will correct me & point you in the right direction if i am.
Michael
April 06, 2005 05:05PM
Hi Charlie
Kezzy is right on the button (as usual). Car Hire in the main square, also just off the square, also in Polichrono (next village up), also Pefkohori (next village down). Normal stuff: Driving Licence (clean-ish!), over 25 preferred. Word of warning; local drivers have no conception of the art of driving - they get a vehicle (more often than not) from A to cool smiley.

Have a drive around the Peninsular (anti-clockwise - better views), stopping off at the many villages you come to, visit Nea Moudania (easy - just follow main Road up towards the City) and if REALLY adventurous, do the SITHONIA run (beautiful, a day out and about 150 MILES) - lots to see, and a right turn, follow your nose from Moudania! Enjoy.
best wishes
Michael

PS. Petrol costs going potty! Saw unleaded @ 0.89c per litre today!! (£0.60, to you) It was 0.78c or less, two weeks ago.
Charlie
April 07, 2005 07:39AM
Thanks guys. The drives sound fantastic, can't wait to go now!!!
Kezzybabes
April 07, 2005 10:53AM
You'll have a lovely time,Halkidiki has so much to offer,different things for different people & so many pretty little villages to find & yes i agree with Michael.....Sithonia is definately a must see.
George
Car Hire
April 07, 2005 11:52AM
Hey Charlie
When are you going to Hanioti ? I am there from May til June. I would like to meet up with you ? You sound very nice & fun.
Kezzybabes
April 07, 2005 12:08PM
Don't think Charlies man would appreciate that George! smiling smiley
Charlie
April 08, 2005 11:37AM
George is Charlies man!! And he is in lots of trouble for thinking she has an online admirer!!!

May have to look for a Greek God whilst I'm on holiday as well now!

Paul YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
Kezzybabes
April 08, 2005 04:55PM
Hahahahaha soz!Awwwwwww that's naughty Paul/George smiling smiley
Paul
April 12, 2005 10:03AM
Thanks Kezzbabes, I found it very funny myself.
Kezzybabes
April 12, 2005 01:52PM
You're welcome love!!!hahaha sorry Charlie i know i shouldn't laugh :/ x
kezzbabes
April 12, 2006 04:17PM
hi buddy
April 12, 2006 07:14PM
Who's using my old name to post on here?Just so everyone knows.........the kezzbabes posted above this one isn't me,if whoever it is had read it right they'd have realised it actualy spelt Kezzybabes & is the name i used to use on here!!!!!!!!!

smiling smiley
Andy-S-
Car Hire & Baby Seats
May 27, 2006 02:18PM
Hi,

I'm out to Hanioti in a couple of weeks for a friends wedding (in Thessolonika - hence need a car).

I'm taking the family with me, and hopefully will have my Drivers licence back from DVLA in time for the Car Hire.

My daughter is 5 months old so will require a car seat.

Can I get a child car seat from the car hire place? Do I have to pre book the car?

Does anyone have a car hire place's contact details so that I can check in advance to see if I need to bring our own car seat?

-Andy.
May 27, 2006 02:46PM
Hi, try Economy Car Rentals advertised on this site. We used them and they were very good. We don't have children, but I am sure on the booking request form it asks if and what extras are needed.

Or you can book when you get to Hanioti. There are loads of places all over the peninsula. In particular Kriopigi Cars are good, friendly and reasonable prices. Kriopigi is not far from Hanioti, but I am sure they would deliver, and they will also deliver to the airport if you want to pick it up there.

Both places I have used, and my family have used, and both are good.

Have a great holiday, and wedding.

We are off out there in 3 weeks too.

Jane
May 28, 2006 11:27AM
Hi, we are going to Hanioti in two weeks time and we are thinking about hiring a car. Will it be a problem as we are both only 21? I think economy cars will let us.
Thanks
Gabor Vicentiu
June 07, 2006 12:18PM
Hello,

i ma from Romania...and I am in vacatntion here right now..but i like it very much here...and i want to find a job???do you know someone who has a free position???
Vicentiu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login