Please help!!

Please help!!

Posted by KJC 
KJC
Please help!!
July 17, 2002 08:16AM
We are flying out to Hanioti on 25 July, and are staying at the Haris Studios. We like to go out in the evening, and this message board suggests there is not much nightlife at all. We don't like big clubs, but like the smaller disco bars and stuff.

If anyone has info on the Haris Studios, please let me know, also please let me know about the nightlife.

Ta
Sarah
Re: Please help!!
July 17, 2002 09:04AM
Hello

We are flying out to Halkidiki on the 25th too - we may be on the same flight! But we are not going to Hanioti until the 1st Aug as we are going on a greek island cruise for our first week. It is our honeymoon and I absolutely can't wait! We will be staying at the Hotel Sousouras in Hanioti. Which airline are you flying with?

Sarah
KJC
July 17, 2002 10:18AM
I'm not sure until we get the tickets - our flight is at 10.15 am though! Really looking forward to it.
Heather
July 19, 2002 12:35PM
Hi,

There are some great places in Hanioti - namely Vino Vini in the main square - you can watch Big Brother and Eastenders omnibus!! There's a @#$%& barman called Craig (who's the English version of Graham Norton) - who will look after you. If you go there please tell him that Heather from the wedding party said hi - there were 37 of us who went there for my pals wedding and i'm sure he'll remember us!!

I'd also recommend the Italian restaurant near the main square (possibly the best Lasagne i have ever tasted and only 5.30 euros!!)

There are loads of shops that are open until late and a few bars - we stayed approx 5 miles from Hanioti but went there in the evenings as i found this to be the best out of the other villages.

It really is a nice place so please don't let other people put you off - have a fantastic holiday!!

Heather
KJC
July 19, 2002 12:38PM
Thanks for your comments Heather. I'm looking forward to my holiday now!
rachael
July 23, 2002 06:02PM
hi kjc,
we got back from hanioti this morning, and we really enjoyed it there.
we went out every evening at about 8.30pm, as this is when the bars started getting busy, and to be truthful if you leave it any later you wont get a seat in any of the resturants.
It's very busy at night around the main square, which is where the best bars are centred around (vino vini i think was the best). But if you have a wonder around the corner you will find a bar called callente, next door to the plaza hotel, they serve a pint of carling at only 1euro, which is a bargain if you are a lager drinker, compared to the other bars.
There are lots of great resturants, however, we went to the italian one on the corner of the square a few times, as this was our fav, brilliant calzone (folded over pizza), i'd def recomend it.
I hope you have a fab time.

P.S. VERY HOT, i hope your hotel has AC.
P.P.S. BE WARNED, YOU GET PESTERED BY FLYS, PEOPLE SELLING ROSES & CD'S, ALL THE TIME!!!
KJC
July 24, 2002 07:46AM
Thanx Rachael!

We are off tomorrow am. Our place has no air conditioning!!!!! Buy you can rent fans from reception apparently (think we will need them). Will write back when I return.

Bye x
Karla Brooker
July 24, 2002 04:31PM
I guess this message will be too late to reach you as you're flying tomorrow but it's nto true that there's no nightlife in Hanioti - there are some really cool bars including Baclaro which is right on the beach.

There are a couple of big clubs on the road back towards Thessaloniki - mamounia and Ahoy but by the sound of it you will be more than happy with the nightlife in Hanioti.

By the way, the watersports are pretty good there too and the Paragliding with Alecos is really good!

Hope you have/have had a great holiday!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login