Hanioti restaurants

Hanioti restaurants

Posted by Phil 
Phil
Hanioti restaurants
June 04, 2004 12:10PM
For those going to Hanioti here's my opinion of some of the restaurants that we visited over the last 2 weeks.

The Garden - Best steak, lovely service.

Lesse - overpriced but good service and good quality food (try the Meat with rice pasta - Youvetsi )

Spiros - OK waiters a bit miserable but the specials boards is good value.

Zorbas - Food didn't quite match the quality of service which was excellent.

Archontiko (opposite the Garden) - Most consistant in terms of quality and the Kleftiko was to die for, also try the baked spicy Feta starter (hot). Good friendly service.

Roma Pizza - great pizza for those rainy nights !

There are of course many more places to eat than these but the ones listed topped our holiday list.

By the way if you have small kids take them to the Sunshine Bar and Vagia will really look after them.
Re: Hanioti restaurants
March 26, 2007 02:06PM
I've just been searching through some old messages and found my message from our last trip to Hanioti!

Can anyone tell me whether these restaurants are still open and are they still as good as back then?
March 26, 2007 02:21PM
Heya phil am going back in may but when i was last there in september zorbas roma pizza and the lesse were all open but dont no about the rest??????
March 26, 2007 02:40PM
Hi Phil

The Garden is still open and just as fab as ever. Zorbas still open but didn't go in there last year and I believe the Lesse restaurant is under different management. If you like good food and by the sounds of it, you do, then you must try Erodios (1 minute further on from Zorbas, past Amythestos, also very good, especially for breakfast!). it is great, try the fish and George will certainly look after you!
March 26, 2007 04:18PM
Hey,

I would advise stones restaurant to anyone...especially the english breakfast!

Sam x
March 26, 2007 04:42PM
Thanks for the replies ladies. Is the Cheese Pie Shop still open?
March 27, 2007 08:03AM
Which one?
March 27, 2007 05:40PM
hi - going outc with my wife on 4th april for easter with our friends who own Central Cafe in the Square (great breakfasts when open for season). Only usually Roma Pizza open for easter in the village.
Looking forward to some spit roast goat, locals eat it with dried herbs sprinkled over but we take some mint sauce !!! . Great bonfire and fireworks in the village - cant wait - wont be many English people there so if you happen to be there and hear a strange northern accent coming from a short guy with glasses, come over for a chat....................... Steve
March 27, 2007 06:01PM
heya phil do u mean the one by the pizza place??????????
March 27, 2007 06:04PM
If I remember correctly it was on the road up to the main road near a large supermarket and opposite an ATM?
May 17, 2007 07:54AM
Bump!

People will probably start to come back from hols shortly so I though they may want to add to this post to help those who are yet to go!
May 22, 2007 10:40AM
Cant wait til Thurs to get to Hanioti,

Try Erodios, near Waikiki and the Angelo, lovely food!!!
May 26, 2007 03:52PM
HI PHIL
Can you tell me something about price for ren a car?I coming in jun to Pefkohori.Thank"s.
May 29, 2007 08:07AM
Hi MDEA,

Sorry I have never rented a car in Hanioti but I am sure that some kind people will come back with an answer for you.
July 16, 2007 02:18PM
Bump!

Any other restaurants worth a visit this year? 1 week of work to go :-)
July 16, 2007 06:40PM
Although not in Hanioti we caught a cab from Hanioti to Pefkahori (5 Euros) 2'ce and enjoyed two very nice evenings in the 'Captains' on the main road oppisite the cabrank, the food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. We also ate at the 'Akropolis' in Kriopiggi which was a little further by cab (in the opposite direction) where the food and the hospitality was equally as good.
August 13, 2007 09:37AM
Arhontiko is still excellent food as is the Garden. If you want good Italian food then avoid Gusto, terrible food and service on the day we went. Anatol is the place for Italian food now.

August 18, 2007 12:29PM
Is George still at Amethystos? And does he do his Michael Jackson act anywhere? Also heard that Leonardo (ex Strand) is at Amethystos?
August 18, 2007 01:43PM
George is now at Stones Restaurant, behind Amethystos. Leonardo is now at Naias Hotel nexted door to what wsa the Strand Village. Both as mad as every and always a big welcome for old friends.
August 18, 2007 02:15PM
Thanks Alan, we go out very soon and havent been for 2 years - glad they are both still there! Is Stones upstairs?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login