Help on finding the right town/village in Halkidiki!

Posted by Caroline 
Caroline
June 21, 2016 03:57PM
Hi

My husband and I want to book a holiday for 2017.
We're looking for a resort/village/town that fulfills the following brief:-
1) sandy beach (white sand if poss!)
2) a pretty village/town centre with plenty of tavernas and a variety of shops to mooch round in the evening!
3) typically Greek but cosmopolitan if possible
4) no loud music bars or nightclubs but somewhere with a bit of life where we can get an after dinner drink and watch the world go by!
5) a mixture of different sorts of accommodation to suit all budgets as we don't yet know what we're looking for!
6) a pretty harbour with tavernas round it would be amazing!

I hope someone can help and give us some idea as although I've done some research I can't quite narrow it down!
Thank you very much!

Caroline
Re: Help on finding the right town/village in Halkidiki!
June 21, 2016 05:33PM
Hi,

Pefkohori and Hanioti are both nice villages which offer shops, tavernas and perhaps a cosmopolitan feel to them. There are a few bars in each but you can avoid them if you wish. Beaches can get busy but a short walk out of either and you can be relaxing on a quiet beach. You probably won't find any golden sandy beaches as most tend to be small shingles and sand. A smaller village with a harbour I would recommend is Nea Skioni.

Andy
Caroline
Re: Help on finding the right town/village in Halkidiki!
June 22, 2016 01:24PM
Thank you so much for your reply - I will do some more research!
Kind regards
Caroline
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA