Where to stay in Halkidiki

MC
Where to stay in Halkidiki
May 11, 2014 09:47AM
My daughter and her friend, both 18 years old are looking for a holiday in June. Can anyone recommend a nice area where there is plenty to do but not too quiet. They are not interested in the nightclub scene but would still like somewhere with a bit of life. Must be safe and friendly.
Re: Where to stay in Halkidiki
May 15, 2014 03:34PM
As far as I am aware, ALL of Halkidiki is safe. Depends on their budget there are in-expensive apartments through to 5star hotels Pefkohori is, in my opinion, the best place to stay, but Hanioti is very nice too, as is Polichrono, Kalithea, Kryopigi and Afitos just pick one and go for it, they are all fairly close together and there`s a regular bus service between them or a taxi..just go for it !!!
May 15, 2014 09:56PM
As DavidPW says, we regulars would like to think that all of Halkidiki is safe.

I'm off to Hanioti next month myself for the umpteenth time and can't wait. Hanioti is very lively with lots of bars and restaurants around the square open till late.

Carolinus - if you see this, I'm at HVH from 11 June till 20 June - if you're around see you in the bar!

Enjoy
May 19, 2014 06:34PM
Hi Shirls& Baz do you still go in central cafe? we will be in Hanioti 13/23 June we often have an early evining drink in there (8-30/9-0) as like yourselves we have been going many years. Must have seen you around so would be nice to put a name to a face.
May 20, 2014 08:08PM
Hi Alanapp

Yes, we did still drop in but unfortunately, I lost Baz just under a year ago but am coming out this year with a friend (hence nine days not the normal 17!) and would be very happy to stop by at that time and catch up with you. Three weeks tomorrow and counting...... let me know.

Regards

Shirls
May 22, 2014 06:45PM
Sorry to hear of you loss. We are there about 8-30/9-30 in the evening, we sit about the middle right on the square both mid 50s and ware glasses my wife has blond hair and I have very little hair hope to see you soon.
Watson
July 02, 2014 09:01AM
Hello Everyone,

We are planning a trip between the 1st of August for 14 days and would like to know if it's advisable to book lodging ahead or if we can find something when we arrive.

We are 2 Adults and one child 7 yrs.

We would like to stay in a nice basic apartment. Possibly move around a bit to different beaches/towns.

Budget Max. 60 EUR / Night.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login