taxi price, thessaloniki to polichrono and back?

Posted by mancrunch 
February 04, 2013 04:27PM
I am in need of a taxi from Airport to Polichrono and back again in July this year.

Does anybody have any ideas on prices? or can they recommend a taxi company that i can contact to arrange my travel?

Any help would be very helpfull.

Stuart
Re: taxi price, thessaloniki to polichrono and back?
February 04, 2013 09:18PM
Hi Mancrunch

The last time we got a taxi to Hanioti (just past Polichrono) was about three years ago and it was 80 euros each way then and arranged by the Hotel we stay in. Last year as we had plenty of time to spare, we got a taxi to the KTel bus depot (16 euros) and then a bus to Hanioti (10 euros each) and it was great. If you arrive on the same day as the package holidays (often a Monday) sometimes you can pay just for a transfer. We did that one year with Thomas Cook.

Hope that helps
February 05, 2013 11:10AM
Hey Shirls&Baz - how are you? When are you going this year? We have trips booked May, July & Sept!

Mancrunch - we have a friend in Pefkohori who has a people carrier and does private airport transfers. He is an English guy who lives out there, I can give you his contact details if you are interested. Let me know and I can send you a private message. I'm not sure what he charges as we always hire a car, but we have had friends use him several times and he is very reliable. Just to warn you - petrol is ridiculously expensive in Greece so taxi prices are high, and the journey is about 100km each way.
February 08, 2013 06:10PM
The price of a taxi has gone sky high the last couple of years and is now well over 100 euros each way.
As Carolinus says her friend would be cheaper.
I normally get a taxi to the KTEL bus station 15 euros and then a bus about 10 euros.You stay on the same bus all the way and the trip takes around 2 hours.
February 09, 2013 06:04PM
Hey Carolinus, good to hear from you. We're well and hope you both are too. Going this year Aug 24 till Sept 11 - there are three of us so would be interested in maybe using your friend! Hope to see you there this year, missed you last year.

Regards

Shirls and Baz
February 12, 2013 11:05AM
We will see you there then as we are going 30th Aug to 9th Sept... I will send you a message with my friend's details C x
March 02, 2013 07:01PM
Mancrunch obviously not impressed!
April 04, 2013 09:58PM
Hi All

Carolinus, where needing transfers from the airport to pefkohori do you have any idea how much your friend charges?

If not, am willing to contact him if you could PM me his information.

Thanks
May 24, 2013 12:31PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/06/2013 04:02PM by brownann.
Nara Ghazaryan
Re: taxi price, thessaloniki to Pallini beach hotel?
August 03, 2015 12:03PM
Dear Sir/Mrs;

I will arrive in Saloniki Aug 15, around 10 am and will need to take a taxi to Pallini hotel beach (76 km), me and my son, 10 years old. can I have the contacts of your friend, who drives a taxi and inquire how much will he charge (we need from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to airport in Aug. 23, around 5 pm). many thanks ahead of time,
nara
Pit
July 13, 2016 02:22PM
I would like to have that friends number for transfer from airport to hanioti if possible contact me
My email panos_90@hotmail.com
July 13, 2016 04:58PM
The original thread is over three years old now.
Try the Hoppa shuttle bus/coach. Very good and reliable. I have used it a few times now. They pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel and reverse when going home. This year it cost me just over £50 return from the airport to Hanioti whereas a taxi is roughly €180 return.
July 22, 2016 06:02PM
I've a friend who can trasport you. He charges 70,-€ each way. If you are interested send me your email, I can get you in touch with him.
Maria Nicolaou
August 03, 2016 05:52AM
Hi Southwind,

Please send me your friend's details too as we need a car for 4 people with luggage from the airport to Halkidiki.
Southwind2
August 03, 2016 12:38PM
Maria Nicolaou
+30 697 2527 306
Please send me your friend's details too as we need a car for 4 people with luggage from the airport to Halkidiki.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login