Prices

Prices

Posted by carol t 
Prices
May 27, 2012 04:34PM
Hi going to Kriopigi in 2 weeks time friends have just returned from Rhodes and said how expensive everything was have the prices increased much in Halkidiki ?
Re: Prices
May 28, 2012 07:16AM
Not much has changed, petrol is a bit more expensive, food prices slightly but not a great deal of difference from last year
Re: Prices
May 29, 2012 04:55PM
Fuel prices a bit more expensive, I would say that is an understatement, fuel is extortionately priced, I wonder how the Greeks manage to carry on their normal day to day activities.

We have just been to Crete, we got a deal we could not miss, but we were amazed to find that prices there for food and drinks was much cheaper than Halkidiki. We used to drink frappe in various places in Halkidiki when we lived there, but often at local Kafenion and the cheapest we ever found it was 1.70 euros, in general it was 2.50 and higher, 3 at the beach areas. I have never understood this concept in Halkidiki, surely get more people in rather than just a few by having the frappe at a reasonable cost?

We paid 1 euro at the Kafenion in Crete, and 1.35 euros at a tourist area cafe ! Needless to say, both were busy with customers drinking plenty of coffee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login