bus ticket's price

bus ticket's price

Posted by egidija 
bus ticket's price
March 25, 2012 03:10PM
Hello,

i wonder how much does it cost to go from Thessaloniki airport to thessaloniki station?
also, how does it cost to go from thessaloniki station to halkidiki station?

thanks
Re: bus ticket's price
March 26, 2012 09:07AM
Halkidiki Station ?? do you mean somewhere on the Kassandra Peninsula, Halkidiki is a region of Northern Greece not a town !!

Assuming you mean Hanioti or Pefkohori....You would need (I think) to get a taxi to Thermi,just up the road from the airport, as there are no busses from the airport to Halkidiki and there is no point in going from the airport to Thessaloniki just to get a bus to the peninsula. In high season, the busses run approx every hour but between Friday Noon and Sunday night they run on GMT, that`s Greek Maybe Time, as the road from Thess. to Kassandra is extremely busy.
March 27, 2012 04:07PM
thank you for your kind reply. i am not greek so it is quite difficult to find out all exact information.

if we go from airport to Thermi (this is a bus station, right?) then we will need to go to KTEL Halkidiki and from here to the peninsula and town that we need? (by saying Halkidiki station i meant KTEL halkidiki)
Halkidiki_Lover
March 27, 2012 06:01PM
egidija
thank you for your kind reply. i am not greek so it is quite difficult to find out all exact information.

if we go from airport to Thermi (this is a bus station, right?) then we will need to go to KTEL Halkidiki and from here to the peninsula and town that we need? (by saying Halkidiki station i meant KTEL halkidiki)

[www.ktel-chalkidikis.gr]

You should take the bus O.A.S.TH. number 79 from the Airport and you will get off at the Bus Station at the IKEA complex.

From the Bus Station at IKEA you should take the bus O.A.S.TH. number 36 and you will get off at the Bus station Ktel Chalkidikis.

Here you take the bus to Halkidiki.

The schedule in the link above gives prices and departure / arrival times from the main bus station to many towns and villages around the kasandra peninsular.

If you can afford it a hire car from the airport, its well worth the cost as you will be able to explore the area. Remember the bus timetable is subject to Greek 'if I can be bothered' time so plan ahead when making the return journey to the airport, also strikes are frequent so bear this in mind as well. Go for a hire car it's well worth it.
March 30, 2012 08:14PM
hello,

thank you for your help!
also, when comming back from peninsula, will numbers of buses be the same?
and also, what is the price of tickets to IKEA complex's bus station and to KTEL?

it is a pity but we can't hire a car because we are 20, and car hire it is necessary to be at least 21 smiling smiley
March 31, 2012 08:45AM
There is only one bus, approx every hour, runs from the Kassandra peninsula to Thess and back, so you cannot get confused, if however you want to go to Sithonia or Poligiros etc, you need to consult a timetable,presumably available on line
Halkidiki_Lover
March 31, 2012 05:21PM
davidpeterwoodhead
you need to consult a timetable,presumably available on line

Like the one I posted above......
April 04, 2012 10:09PM
It's easier to get a taxi from the airport to the ktel bus station.it costs about 15 euros.
The bus from Thess to Pefkohori would be about 10 euros
April 07, 2012 03:48PM
yes i see. 15 euros for 1 person, right?
April 10, 2012 12:15AM
Per taxi so if there is two of you it would still be around 15 euros.
April 11, 2012 05:52PM
ok, thank you!!!
Ashacub
March 14, 2014 06:38AM
Hi there ive got a question.how much is the cost from thessaloniki to athens by ktel bus service?

Thanks
Ash
March 20, 2014 04:52PM
If you Google Ktel buses you will get many pages of information
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login