Medusa Hotel Kriopigi

Medusa Hotel Kriopigi

Posted by jayne 
Medusa Hotel Kriopigi
September 05, 2011 09:28PM
Hi

I am off to Kriopigi in a couple of weeks & will be staying at the Medusa Hotel.
Has anyone stayed there & can tell me what it's like please?

Thanks

Jayne
Halkidiki Lover
Re: Medusa Hotel Kriopigi
September 09, 2011 05:43PM
I hope you are aware thet the season will almost be over by the time you arive and the weather my have changed. Take plenty of spending money as prices have risen alarmingly. If you are hiring a car be prepared to pay €1.72 per litre for unleaded. The Medusa is opposite to where i am staying at the moment. It looks modern and clean on the outside with a dirt car park. It is situated just a short walk down from the main road. The beach is a good walk down a steep hill, OK going down but hard work on the way back up.

Enjoy
September 10, 2011 11:27AM
Hi Jayne

HalkidikiLover is painting a rather negative picture. I was there last week and the weather was glorious, it can be very unpredictable in late Sept but I was there last year 17-27 Sept and we had 5 boiling days and 4 a bit cloudy but still warm (and it got nice again on our last day). As they said, be prepared i.e. take cardis and warmer clothes just in case, and as the season is ending you will find it quite quiet.

If you want petrol then shop around, we got it near Potidea for under 1.60 per litre, although in the villages it is considerably more.

Prices are higher and the 'cheap holiday' is a thing of the past, but it is still cheaper than the UK (apart from petrol!). Eating out is pretty reasonable but alcohol (spirits) are expensive. We spend an average of 100 Euros per day between 2 of us, that is eating out every meal and not scrimping.

Halkidiki is a lovely place and the people are very friendly. Have a good time.
Halkidiki Lover
September 10, 2011 12:09PM
Carolinus
Hi Jayne
I was there last week and the weather was glorious, it can be very unpredictable in late Sept but I was there last year 17-27 Sept and we had 5 boiling days and 4 a bit cloudy but still warm (and it got nice again on our last day). As they said, be prepared i.e. take cardis and warmer clothes just in case, and as the season is ending you will find it quite quiet.

Thank you for endorsing my comments

If you want petrol then shop around, we got it near Potidea for under 1.60 per litre, although in the villages it is considerably more.

Not any more. I am in Halkidiki right now and the petrol price has risen in the last week.

Prices are higher and the 'cheap holiday' is a thing of the past, but it is still cheaper than the UK (apart from petrol!). Eating out is pretty reasonable but alcohol (spirits) are expensive. We spend an average of 100 Euros per day between 2 of us, that is eating out every meal and not scrimping.

Thank you for endorsing my comments.

Halkidiki is a lovely place and the people are very friendly. Have a good time.
Sarah Smith
September 11, 2011 02:54PM
You will have a great time. Daphne owns the Medusa and will be able to advise you while you are there. I agree the weather can be unpredictable, so can the rest of the world at any time of year
It will be quiet, this will give the locals more time to spend with you and make your holiday enjoyable. Busier resorts are either side if you fancy a change. 10 euros to kalithea in a taxi, 14 euros to Hanioti.
Have fun smiling smiley
September 14, 2011 08:00PM
I was there last two weeks, the weather was indeed beautiful except for one day.

However, the prices were a real shock to me. Having lived there over the last few years, only leaving last October, I found the price of food in supermarkets and fuel was astronomical, much more than last year.

If you eat out the price is not bad, but you really need to find non tourist tavernas to get the best deals, local Kafenion etc. But of course to do that you need to travel, and to travel by car is expensive to say the least. When I left unleaded had risen again to around 1.74 locally, and the cheapest was on the way to Moudania or at Fourka and that was around 1.64. Prices seem to rise daily.

I will be posting a detailed account of my latest visit shortly.

I do hope you enjoy your visit, but take plenty of money, it seems to disappear into thin air.
deb
July 10, 2013 01:16PM
can some one give me the email address of the medousa hotel please as i would like to ontact them. they dont seem to be a chain of hotels and i am finding it dificult to find an email address...much appreciated
July 13, 2013 07:51PM
Try www.medusahotel.gr not sure if this is correct or not we were there last week. If you contact them say hello to Daphne and Achilleas from Noel and Clare U.K.
July 14, 2013 06:43AM
clano100
Try www.medusahotel.gr not sure if this is correct or not we were there last week.

The above address is from Medusa Hotel in Crete, not in Kriopigi.
I don't think this hotel has a web site, and if they have, is impossible to find it.
But I managed to find their e-mail address: hotelmedousa@yahoo.gr
Hope this helps.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
michael
February 15, 2018 03:30PM
do you have cots and if so do you charge for them thank you
March 06, 2018 03:34PM
-Medusa hotel , it is 150 m from us and I just spoke to the owner Mr. Achileas . He said that yes they do provide qots and the nicest is that they come for free !! I’m sure that your are going to have a great holiday in Kriopigi as Medusa Hotel it is one from the nicest , family friendly and family run accommodation in Kriopigi area and near . Enjoy.
March 10, 2018 02:51PM
Hey Sakis.... are you the weatherman? If so, nice to see you back.....
April 29, 2018 04:39AM
Dear shirls&baz
Kalimera from a really warm Halkidki this early Sunday 29th April 2018.
-Yes , that’s right, but as technology moved on …I lost my job smiling smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out as weather man spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Nice to see you here too. Are over to Halkidiki ? If you do , you are welcome for a drink or two !!smileys with beer
Have a nice day ,
May 03, 2018 12:19PM
Hi Sakis
Lovely to hear from you but sorry you’ve been made redundant, we always looked forward to hearing about the fab weather before our holiday when normally in the grip here in England of either, rain, snow... who knows?
Coming over in June (25th visit) to Hanioti and will come over to see you if possible. Sadly, lost the Baz part of the email a while ago, life goes on and he has some ashes sprinkled in Kassandra...
Love how you still help people on this website...
Take care of you and your lovely family...
Shirls xx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login