FERRY FROM THESSALONIKI TO SKIATHOS / SKOPELOS

Posted by Allen 
May 02, 2011 10:16AM
Can anyone advise where I can go to make enquiries about ferries from Thessaloniki to Skiathos or Skopelos. I have visited various greek ferry internet sites but can't seem to find a connection. Would also appreciate anyone who has done this trip who could comment on their experience.

Thanks Allen
Re: FERRY FROM THESSALONIKI TO SKIATHOS / SKOPELOS
May 02, 2011 09:24PM
Not sure if it is still running but a few years ago there was a Flying Dolphin (fast boat!) going to Skiathos from Neu Moudania. Looking at the ferry websites I think most ferries from Thessaloniki go to Crete. Another way to get to Skiathos is to take the bus to Volos and then ferry to Skiathos. They run regularly from Volos.
May 04, 2011 06:54AM
Dear Allen,

I have been searching for this ferry myself for the past couple of days smiling smiley
Here is what my search has yielded:
1) a ferry from Thessaloniki to Skiathos is scheduled to be operated by NEL Lines [www.nel.gr] since mid-July to mid-September. It departs from Thessaloniki to Skiathos on Sunday and from Skiathos back to Thessaloniki on Saturday. So a daily visit is out of the question, and if you use this ferry you'll probably have to spend a week in the Sporades, unless as Metaxa357 justly observed you catch the ferry back to Volos, which operates on daily basis. From Volos you can take a bus to Thessaloniki.
2) So far there have been no ferries scheduled from Nea Moudania, but last year there was a cruise ship that did sail between Nea Moudania and Skiathos. It was called "Mamma Mia Cruise." Though it was a daily cruise, I heard they allowed the travellers to stay on the island, and return with another ship in a day or two. However, I am not quite sure whether this cruise will be running this year, since their website has not been updated yet.
[mamma-mia-cruise.com]
3) for the schedules of high speed boats from Volos to Skiathos and back you can visit the site of Hellenic Seaways
[www.hellenicseaways.gr]
There is talk that closer to the summer some new ferry routes and timetables may appear, so if you find something else, I would appreciate your posting here as well.
Have a nice day!

Regards,
Tatiana.
May 04, 2011 04:38PM
Thank you both for your useful advice. I've got some really good options.
Have a great day
ANA
boat or ferry from Nea Moudania to skiatos
July 06, 2011 02:29PM
Does anyone know do they have boat or ferri from Nea Moudania to Skiatos,I now for ferries from Volos and Thessaloniki.please help me .Thank you
Linda SSSSSTTTT
January 08, 2015 06:07AM
Hi,
I wonder if a) there are passenger boats going from Thessaloniki to Skiathos/Skopelos (summertime) and b) if so, where can I find any timetable?

If not, what is the suggested easiest way to travel from the airport of Macedonia to Skopelos?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login