IOLI VILLAGE HOTEL

IOLI VILLAGE HOTEL

Posted by Allen 
Allen
IOLI VILLAGE HOTEL
April 15, 2011 04:22PM
Would welcome reviews about the IOLI VILLAGE HOTEL , has anyone stayed there and can you let me know how your stay went?

Also, can anyone recommend self catering accommodation for two people, with a balcony, in Pefkohori with sea view for around 40 - 50 euros a night for the beginning of September? Looking to stay from the 1st to the 10th before heading back.

We usually stay at the Atrium, but I'm tired of walking up that bloody hill - although the view is worth it. Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks Allen
SkiMad
Re: IOLI VILLAGE HOTEL
June 03, 2011 09:04AM
Hi - have stayed there a couple of times, 2005 - 07. It's basic, but fine. Rooms are clean. It's got a small shop on site and is very near two large supermarkets. Cooking facilities are basic - as they are everywhere self catering. Hotplate, no grill or oven. Very friendly and helpful receptionist - can't for the life of me remember her name. If you are going in September, don't expect any on site evening entertainment worthy of the name. And the children's club will probably be closed.
June 03, 2011 04:27PM
We had friends stay there a couple of years ago and it was OK, but as SkiMad said, pretty basic. I think some rooms have been modernised so you would be best off booking (or requesting) one of those. It's in a good location (we have an apartment right opposite) - only 5 mins to the beach or the old square.

On the sea view side of things, there aren't many hotels or apartments along the promenade so I can't recommend anything, but you could try Aeollos which is 2/3rd way along the promenade as you walk away from Hanioti (so the opposite end of the village to Ioli) and is only about 20 metres back from the beach. The rooms are very nice and quite large (and I think they have done some updates this year) with a reasonable 'kitchenette'. You can book direct through their website or via First Choice.

[www.aeollos.gr]
June 06, 2011 09:26PM
Thanks for the info guys. Since I posted this I have booked in at the Atrium again. Nice to break the walk up the hill with a drink or two at Makis. Looking forward the September.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login