saltwater fishing

saltwater fishing

Posted by AndrewJohn 
saltwater fishing
April 13, 2011 07:50AM
Does anyone know of any saltwater fishing operations near Hanioti? I would like to find a half day or full day charter if possible.

Thanks!
ian
Re: saltwater fishing
April 15, 2011 03:49PM
hello i was in pefkohori two years ago and you could rent motor boats for half and full days to go sea fishing there are two fishing shops in pefkohori which sells bait and tackle hope this helps you
April 19, 2011 07:28AM
Thanks Ian! Any idea on the prices?
April 30, 2011 08:49PM
Hello, Charter fishing boats are really non existent in Hanioti and Pefkohori (perhaps a new business opportunity!) As Ian said you can hire a motor boat which would get you out on the water. Fishing tackle shops have improved in the area over the years and Thomson did advertise a fishing trip on their excursions but was told at the time it was not available. Most people tend to fish from the shore targeting small mullet etc using bread as bait. You do get the odd predator come close in and night fishing is best using a deadbait. The shore marks I would recommend are:- Pefkohori Pier, Golden beach (rock point on right hand side of the beach) Chrousso village harbour near paliouri (a small harbour area next to a nice beach, saw a large eel come out of there) and if you can get to it, Neo Skioni on the other side of the peninsula (a large fishing village with deep water around the harbour)
May 02, 2011 06:56AM
Thanks for the info! Fishing from shore would be fine also. I will just have to locate some tackle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login