Please, expat or someone staying over the winter, help this dog

Posted by Jane 
September 21, 2010 02:30PM
HALKIDIKI - Please, anyone living through the winter on Kassandra peninsula, there is a gorgeous dog at the church on the road from Hanioti to Skioni. It is not tied up and looks well, but just lately when we check on him he has had no food and water pots were filthy. He is a super friendly dog and I worry when we leave 14 Oct that there is no-one to keep an eye on him.

If we had our own house here I am sure he would be added to our family very soon, so friendly and gentle.
Re: Please, expat or someone staying over the winter, help this dog
September 23, 2010 07:04AM
Is there anyone kind hearted soul who lives here through the winter that can look out for this beautiful dog, please. There must be someone on this forum who cares and who lives here all year?
PLEASE someone must be staying over the winter in Halkidiki, help this dog
September 24, 2010 08:52AM
please, he is so gorgeous, but he needs to be kept an eye on. Clean water and some food would be good. Anyone who lives in or near Hanioti, or Skioni, he is halfway between you on the mountain road at the church, not a great distance for a dog lover. Please..........................
October 05, 2010 04:14PM
Jane please tell me are you referring to the church way up on the top of the peninsula? Please also describe the dog smiling smiley
October 05, 2010 04:54PM
There is a mountain road, from Nea Skioni over to Hanioti. He is at the church at the top, on the left hand side going from Skioni side. Although he wasnt there the other day for the first time in months. A few days earlier we had seen an ENGLISH couple about to throw a rock at him, he went towards them tail wagging and very submissive. I told them not to throw rocks, but the man was very nasty just kept shouting that it wasnt my dog! Saw these horrible people again yesterday, but no dog. Don't know whether they have scared him off, but we left food and cleaned his water out and will check again this week before we leave.

If you could call in on him sometime it would be great. Where are you?

The dog is black, probably around 8 years old or so, very quiet and clean, and about the size of a sheepdog collie, in fact he could be some minute part collie !! He is so gentle it seems a shame to be stuck up there on his own, would love to keep him but we are leaving.

Jane
October 05, 2010 05:27PM
I am close to Hanioti .. please contact me at calliopebar@gmail.com
we have already picked up 2 strays this summer... one is still with us and the other we found a good home for!
the situation is indeed horrible sad smiley
October 17, 2010 04:21PM
Calliope, I have tried to email you but not sure if my messages are being treated as spam. I am still so worried about this dog, have you managed to go and look for him yet? He was just such a gentle dog and was quite happy there til those awful English people and their rocks. I think you said you would ask at the church, although I cannot imagine why someone there would look after a dog, putting a barrel for him to sleep in, as I thought all churches and church goers were against dogs?

Please get in touch, I still worry about this poor boy

Cheers
November 04, 2010 09:19AM
bump - want to keep this subject in view, please anybody who can help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login