2011 Holiday To Hanioti Halkidiki

Posted by jambolet 
July 28, 2010 08:52PM
My husband & I are considering a holiday in Halkidiki in 2011.
We like the look of Hanioti as its advertised as a lively resort,which we like.

We like a good selection of nightlife - good bars & some clubs if possible,but basically a lively nightlife scene
We would like to hear from anyone who has been to Hanioti concerning what its really like

We like to explore during the day along with rest by the pool,swim & generally enjoy a nice safe resort.
We like a nice lively nightlife - good bars,some clubs (not loads) but nightlife is important in a resort which is safe to wander around in with no dark unlit side streets to walk up

Some of the property distances from the centre are contradictory so some clarification would be good.
We want to stay a short safe walk from the centre (10-15 mins walk max)

Any property suggestions would be appreciated + any resort info

Many Thanks
LJ
Re: 2011 Holiday To Hanioti Halkidiki
July 29, 2010 11:16AM
I would say Hanioti is a very safe resort. In fact the whole of the Halkidiki is family friendly and extremely safe. I can't recall anyone saying there are any areas to avoid and although street lighting may be a bit hit and miss as you leave the village I wouldn't think you'll find any problems with safety. You'll find Hanioti very busy in July and August and quieter in May, June and September. It's probably the most touristy of all the resorts and has the most English tourists but still nothing like the notorious 18-30 type resorts you hear of elsewhere. English tourists are in the minority - you'll also find a mix of East Europeans and Greeks.

There are a number of lively bars and many restaurants serving a variety of food from Greek dishes to more international food (Steaks. Pizzas etc). The centre of the village is a pretty square surrounded by shops, bars and restaurants with more of the same on the numerous roads off the square. There isn't a club in Hanioti - the nearest one is on the outskirts of Pefkohori about 3kms away.

The beach is about 5 mins walk from the centre of the village and has plenty of beds and umbrellas although can get crowded at weekends and in high season. Saying that quieter spots can be found if you walk along the beach away from the centre.

As Hanioti is a small village nowhere will be more than 15 mins walk away. I suggest you have a look at the reviews for accommodation on

[www.tripadvisor.co.uk]

and see what takes your fancy. Lesse Apartments and Hanioti Village Hotel seem to get good reviews.
July 29, 2010 06:47PM
Thanks very much for your response to my forum post
July 29, 2010 06:52PM
Hanioti Village Hotel is a 10 minute easy walk to the main square. We have stayed there twelve times and go back at the end of August.
Tracy Russell & Helen
August 18, 2010 07:38PM
I went to Hanioti with my husband and daughter for 3 weeks, we got back 2/8/10 and we loved it. We are going back next year. The place seems safe to walk around, in fact it was very busy in the main square of an evening, but we went in July which is going to be busy anyway. The people were so friendly and helpful, we stayed at Naias, which was very upbeat if you wanted it to be. The place was very clean and tidy, and the staff were second to none. I would definately recommend Hanioti as a resort.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login