fourka

Posted by aj 
aj
fourka
July 22, 2010 04:02PM
has anyone been to fourka
Re: fourka
July 25, 2010 05:53PM
Yep like a gohst town in late May early June most of the town was closed.
regards
Phil
aj
July 25, 2010 07:57PM
hi phil what a shame. is the vicktoria still open.did you stay or just call in. cheers.
July 26, 2010 10:25AM
Just called in Victoria was closed and Bella Venizia a few Tavernas open around the square and a few gift shops but most were closed obviously due to the lack of self catering in the resort now a lot of Russians around but all no AI hence not enough trade for the tavernas.
We spoke to a few freinds they are relying on the Greek's in July / Aug for the trade.
Real shame as the place used to be buzzing Thomson pulling out has really killed the resort (times change)
aj
July 26, 2010 08:50PM
it is very sad we made many a good friend in fourka over 15 years. but we where sitting in empty bars and resturants so we stopped going do you know if tassos opened his new bar in the shop outside the australia .hope to go back one day and see all our greek friends xx
July 27, 2010 08:19PM
We did not stop down that end of town (nothing to see to be honest) we used to go to Fourka twice a year for about ten years so not really a good experience to see the place so dead we did call in to see some old friends but Fourka was quite depressing.
We now stay with some freinds in Neo Skioni we just love the place more a typical Greek town with some good bars and Tavernas sort of has a feel of the UK in the seventies all the locals are freindly and really pleased to see you and it's not too mad busy like Hanioti Ideal base for staying in Halkidiki (but don't tell anyone want to keep it all to myself)

regards

Phil
J
August 05, 2010 02:35PM
Fourka is very different from what it was like - but I still go out, but only in August. It is still good to see many friends and everyone is pleased to see you, there are still a number of english people who go there and who own properties. Tasos did not open his bar .. and the hotel Austrailia bar has been sold/let to some one new this year. It looks very nice from the photo's I have seen. I have spoken to my friends out there this week and they have said it has been very busy..... just not many english - only the old faithfuls like me! smiling smiley
aj
August 07, 2010 03:31PM
hi j thanks for info. when i last spoke to tassos he was doing he shop next to the travel agents. is he there at all. where did you stay cheers aj
August 20, 2010 04:03PM
Called in at Fourka beach area today. They wonder why they are losing tourists?

Konstantinos Cafe, view to the beach one way view to the new effluent pumping station the other ! Frappe advertised on board outside at 2.5 Euros. Ordered two, came with the usual small bottle of water each.

Checked bill, was 3 euros each drink. Checked menu, 2.5 euros for frappe. Asked waiter, told that the 50 cents extra was for water!

Now we are not to 50 cents, it is the way in which it was done. No mention that water was charged separately, not separated on the bill. As I told him, we are not tourists we are living here, and we certainly will not go there ever again.

First time ever we have not got water included in the frappe price. Whether glass or bottle. Be warned
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login