SKENTOS STUDIOS KRIOPIGI

SKENTOS STUDIOS KRIOPIGI

Posted by Karen 
Karen
SKENTOS STUDIOS KRIOPIGI
May 22, 2002 10:03AM
Hi

I will be travelling to Kriopigi on the 13 June and would appreciate any information from anyone who knows of these studios and the area.

My husband and me have travelled all over greece buy decided that we would try this for a change.

I have been told that is is a nice quiet island which is just what the doctor ordered . So hopefully someone out there can give me some information on what to expect my husband has a 1300 Motorbike at home so we usually hire a bike (Not a scooter) and tour around the island so if anyone has infor on this as well is would be appreciated.

I await in anticipation any reply

Kas

XX
X
Nicola Dent
Re: SKENTOS STUDIOS KRIOPIGI
June 03, 2002 10:40AM
Hi

We stopped in the Skendos (its spelt wrong in the brochure) studios in Kriopigi on 9th May for a fortnight.

We couldn't fault them - the brochure certainly does not do it any justice - so take no notice!

They are family run apartments and everyone is friendly. As with most greek accommodation its basic but it was spotless.

The pool is small and deep, but looks lovely on a night time, all lit up.

Kriopigi is fairly quiet, a smattering of bars and tavernas. Our favourite restaurant was up in the old village - lovely greek food and a balcony which is most romantic! We think it is called Platinias (or something similar) and the owner is called George. Careful though, because there are two restaurants in the old village, and the first one you come to (on the same side as the church) is rubbish! The owner will try and drag you in, but don't succomb!

The Olympic rep is Christina, and she is brilliant.

We hired a car for a few days, and toured the Kassandra peninsula, visiting various resorts (we liked Hanioti on a night time - cosmopolitan.) We also drove across to the second peninsula, stopped in Neos Marmaras for lunch, then travelled to the end of the peninsula to a lovely place called Porto Korfu.....we were the only ones on the beach!

We got back a week last Thursday and I still have holiday blues. Trying to persuade my partner to go again in September.

Wish I was going back in a few weeks.....lucky you!

Nicola
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login