hotel diane, hotel rigakis, pefkohori

Posted by barbara thompson 
barbara thompson
March 07, 2004 07:39PM
Anyone stayed in either of these hotels? and does anyone know which tour operator you use for the rigakis? Any info gratefully received.
Sally
Re: hotel diane, hotel rigakis, pefkohori
March 08, 2004 09:00AM
Rigakis id with First Choice, make sure you ask for the rooms nearest to the beach, its location is ideal. Family run and only a few years old.
Diana was with Thomson/Portland in the village itself, whilst owners are very friendly and rooms are clean, the location lets it down.
But at the end of the day its what you want, either beach front and just a little away form the village or in the village itself.
Enjoy
barbara thompson
March 12, 2004 10:16AM
Thanks Sally for your reply, Rigakis sounds the better choice so it's off to the travel agents!
Thanks again.
Sandra
July 24, 2005 05:47PM
Can anyone say if Diana Hotel Pefkohori has a fridge etc in rooms. Any information welcome
babs
July 26, 2005 05:49PM
The Hotel Diane has no fridge in room. Our friends stayed there last year, they bought a cool box from the local supermarket to keep their water?? cold.
vesna
July 27, 2005 07:08AM
can anyone tell me more about rigakis main building studios?any a/c optional? any fridge in the room? how is it with kitchen - equiped enough to make a coffee in the morning?
Cath
August 06, 2005 06:39PM
Does anyone know if the Diana Hotel has kettles in the rooms?
Thanks
Dianne Beckwith
July 19, 2006 11:37AM

We are young at heart 50 year olds, wanting nice beach, shops, and bars, is Hotel Diane suitable plus beach - near. Thanks
DaveS
July 20, 2006 08:38AM
I don't know what it's like inside but but the Diane is virtually on the beach, its right near two supermarkets, and about five minutes walk from the town centre and all the bars etc.
Angela Holden
Hotel Rigakis/Hotel Ammon Garden
July 29, 2009 09:21AM
Please can someone help?? We are a group of ladies who are hoping to travel to Pefkohori next year for our 40th birthdays. (we were last there about 20 years ago!!) We would like a pool, to be close to the resort and beach and twin beds in the rooms plus a fridge. We were thinking of the Ammon Gardens but I can't find out if the rooms are all doubles as we need twins. Anyone's advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Re: Hotel Rigakis/Hotel Ammon Garden
July 29, 2009 09:39AM
How about Aeollos (bookable through Thomas Cook). Nice big apartments, many with twin beds, good (but quite small) pool and very close to the beach. About 5 mins walk to the centre of the resort with lots of bars & tavernas near by. They also do lots of evening entertainment if that's your thing - karaoke, BBQ etc, although there is no need to join in if it's not your bag!

If you haven't been in 20 years you will get quite a shock! It has pretty much doubled in size, but is still a great place....

Ammon Gardens also looks nice from the outside, and is further up the same road that Aeollos is on, but I have never been inside so don;t know what the rooms are like or what the bed situation is.
July 29, 2009 10:23AM
hiya

i just wrote a long comment but for some reason its not gone on so ill write it again but not as long!!!!

as carolinus said the Aoellos is a good one(i just wrote about the bbq nights etc so i wont do it again)

also there is the anna maria which is olympic they are lively too,they do greek/bbq night and have a band night,with a beautiful pool area its abit further out but about a 10minute walk to the old square and a 5minute walk to beach.

the aloni is beautiful aswell and quiet but they do not have anything going on in the bar,its just a bar about 5minute walk to the beach and resturants but situated in a quiet part of the village!!!

it depends what kind of thing your looking for!!!
if i can help let me no as i live out here and will try and find out any information for you.

kate
Angela Holden
July 29, 2009 03:05PM
Thanks you so much for your wonderful replies. I cannot book with Thomas Cook as we are only coming for 5 nights and they only book 7, so unfortunately the Aellos is out. We want somewhere that is central so we'd be safe is we needed to walk back alone. On the Olympic website it states that you need a torch to get back to the Anna Maria, is this so? What do you think of the Pilalidis, the Rigakis or the Ioli Village? We want to be close to the resort, beach and would like a pool. I really can't thank you enough for your help!
July 29, 2009 03:26PM
You can try booking Aeollos direct (http://www.aeollos.gr/indexeg.php or aeollos@otenet.gr).

Pretty much anywhere is safe late at night - I walked home alone at 4am when I was out there a few weeks ago and it was absolutely fine, in fact most places were still full of people!

Anna Maria is set back a bit so the walk would be a bit more daunting, and possibly dark.

Pilalidis is nice but the rooms are tiny. The gardens are lovely and the location isn't bad, and what you get in the rooms is fine, just very compact! We had a double & single bed in our room and had to take it in turns to get out of bed otherwise we crashed into each other! [www.pilalidishotel.gr]

Don't know Rigakis so can't pass comment, but it is quite far out of the village. [www.rigakishotel.com]

Ioli is in a good location (it's next door to the apartment I bought this year). It is quite old style and I haven't seen inside the rooms for years, but certainly no worries about location. They have their own website as well: [www.iolivillage-halkidiki.com]
Angela
July 29, 2009 05:39PM
Thanks for your advice it was really helpful. I know Pefkohori will have changed alot over the last 20 years, but can you tell me if it is still very Greek and has lots of Greek tourists. Or is there lots of English? What is the main nationality that visits? Thanks again for your help
Angela
July 29, 2009 06:41PM
Thanks you so much for your wonderful replies. I cannot book with Thomas Cook as we are only coming for 5 nights and they only book 7, so unfortunately the Aellos is out. We want somewhere that is central so we'd be safe is we needed to walk back alone. On the Olympic website it states that you need a torch to get back to the Anna Maria, is this so? What do you think of the Pilalidis, the Rigakis or the Ioli Village? I am probobly leaning towards the Aloni as it looks nice, but is it close enough to the resort? We want to be close to the resort, beach and would like a pool.

I know Pefkohori will have changed alot over the last 20 years, but can you tell me if it is still very Greek and has lots of Greek tourists. Or is there lots of English? What is the main nationality that visits? Thanks again for your help
I really can't thank you enough for your help!
July 29, 2009 10:49PM
hi

i live next to the aloni and they are very safe to walk home to and very close to everything u need but far enough out that its still quite quiet!!

depends what time of the year u come as to the ioli as in the school holidays its packed with kids!!!

anna maria is down a dark road but there are street lights and it says u need a torch but ive never took a torch and havent known any one to have one!!but yes it is a little out of the way!!

there is not so much english out here this year,i have to say that the majority is surbian and they dont seem to have the money to spend in the resturants and even tho it is the end of july there is not so many greeks around either only just on the wkends but we will see what august brings.it is still a very greek place though,im sure that u will definatley have noticed a change!!!

xx
Angela
July 30, 2009 02:14PM
Thanks again for your replies. The thing we loved most about Pefkohori was that it was very Greek, is Hanioti more Greek or are the visitors there also mainly Serbian? We will be coming at the end of May 2010. Angela xx
July 31, 2009 07:34AM
there is not so much english out here this year,
sonnerie portable mp3 - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet unpouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Êtes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?
September 06, 2009 10:24AM
email them and send message to Debbie who is there after 6.00pmat:-
Ammon Garden Hotel, Pefkohori, Halkidiki, Greece.
www.ammongarden.com/ -

Olga
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login