Menia Maria boat trip

Menia Maria boat trip

Posted by Carolinus 
Menia Maria boat trip
April 26, 2010 08:33AM
Hi there

I just read on a different posting a note by Babycakes80 that detailed the boat trips including Captain Michalis and the Menia Maria. I used to rep out in Halkidiki in the early 90s and we used him back then and I would love to go on another of his trips and see him again.

Does he do the Mount Athos trip as well as the fun cruise? If so, do you know where it goes from & how to book it?

I go out there regularly as I now have a holiday home in Pefkohori, next trip coming up on Friday - yay!

Thanks for any help.
katiemay
Re: Menia Maria boat trip
April 26, 2010 09:12AM
Hi there,
I'm coming out in 2 weeks and too am hoping that he is still doing the cruises!! We went out in 2005 and 2006 and went on the cruise both times and it was brilliant! He is so funny isn't he?! Saw dolphins too which was a massive bonus :-)
Hope someone can tell us if he's still doing them!
Katie x
April 26, 2010 04:25PM
They were doing them all last year, some go from ormos panagias sithonia, others I believe go from chorusso bay which is the other side of pefkohori
April 27, 2010 09:11PM
Hi

I think it is Meli Tours that hires the Menia Maria boats, if you google them they have info about the tours but not this years prices yet.

Jane smiling smiley
katiemay
April 28, 2010 06:08AM
Thank you so much for the info Mrsteve and Jane seymour :-) It is much appreciated!! 12 days to go smileys with beer YIAMAS!
April 28, 2010 08:17AM
That's great - just looking at the Meli Tours website now - thanks for your help!
Nisi
April 28, 2010 05:37PM
Hi guys,

My husband works on the Menia Maria boats so here is all the information you need...
Michalis still works on the boats you will be glad to hear but as he is now getting a little old for games on the beach, he no longer does the Toreneos Cruises. This boat does still run however and goes from Chrusso, this is the big black pirate ship (30 metres) and fits around 170 passengers on board. The cruises run daily (as of around the middle of may) and if you dont come with a tour company then you should go directly to the boat to book a ticket (english speakers ask for Nisi) and he will be able to help you.
If you would like to do the Athos Cruise, there are 2 boats available to do this cruise, Menia Maria 1 and 3. On occasions michalis sails on one of these boats (normally when he doesnt need to do any office work) These boats leave from Ormos Panagias, Sithonia, sail around to Athos, with a small stop in Oronopoli, then on the sail back to Ormos there is entertainment in the form of greek dancers. Again if you would like to book this trip and you are not with a tour operator, then go to the boats first and they can book you on. To be honest in early/ late season, there are normally places available for you to just turn up on the day.

Hope this helps. xxx
katiemay
April 29, 2010 06:19AM
Hi there,
thank you for the information! Very kind and helpful of you! Would be great to see Michalis again- wonder if he's still got his pistola?!
Keep looking at accuweather and it's raining and overcast for the first 3 days out of the week we stay in Hanioti! it has time to change I suppose!!
thank you again x
April 29, 2010 09:05AM
Nisi, thanks very much for the info, we will definitely get ourselves on the Mount Athos trip in July and hopefully catch up with Michalis as well. Do you reckon about 1.5 hours is enough time to drive from Pefkohori to Ormos Panagias (I drive Greek style i.e. quite fast!)?

I remember the pistola from back in the day, can't believe Michalis was still doing it 10 years later! Did he still play the cucumber games on the beach and sing 'We are the Champions' at the losing team in the water polo games?!?!
katiemay
April 29, 2010 12:23PM
HAHAHAHA! That has brought back some really fab memories! Yes, the cucumber game!!! He also gave two 80-something ladies a fireman's lift off the boat! And had us shouting abuse at the other boats!!! What a cool guy!! Will see if I can get my pics from last time and put them on here :-) Thank you for all your help xx
Antje
May 24, 2010 10:06AM
Hallo to everybody. At Petra Friedrich of "melitours" in Ormos Panagias you can do a reservation for your tickets the day before the trip. So you can be sure, that you have space on board of the ship.
There is the "Mount Athos-cruise" and the "Blue-Lagoon-cruise"
The office is exactly in front of the ships.
The telephone number ist 0030 2375031480.
e-mail: petra@friedrich-travel.com
I am a fan of Ormos Panagias and every year one or two times I do my holidays there. I know Michalis, too.
Antje.
Atea21
August 22, 2019 02:52PM
does anyone know the name of the members from the stuff?(like all the people that work on the ship) Thank you so much
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login