Weather

Weather

Posted by alison 
alison
Weather
April 08, 2010 12:32PM
Hello,

We are planning to travel to Halkidiki at the beginning of May and wondered what the weather is like at that time? Thanks
Jelly Bean
Re: Weather
April 08, 2010 04:21PM
The tealeaves tell me it's going to be cold.

Seriously though if we knew we would all be working for the MET office
April 08, 2010 04:25PM
I was there last weekend and the weather was lovely - warm and sunny in the day but cool if you were in the shade. Got a bit sunburnt sitting on the beach drinking coffee so I now have a dodgy T-shirt mark!

The evenings were cold, you needed a jacket, and when we left on Monday it was cloudy so a lot cooler.

Being Northern Greece the weather is not as 'guaranteed' as it is further south, but it will probably be low 20s in the day and cool at night.

Hope that helps - I am going early May as well so hoping for nice weather...
April 09, 2010 07:06AM
I don't think being Northern Greece makes the weather any less reliable in the summer months than down South. So I wouldnt worry too much. It can get cold spells anywhere in the world nowadays and you just have to trust to luck.
Maya
April 09, 2010 02:26PM
Hi there! Is the weather usually suitable for sunbathing and swimming in the beginning of May in Halkidiki? Planning to go there May 2nd, just wondering whether to get my swimming suite. drinking smiley

Thanks!
April 19, 2010 08:44AM
Hi Maya

Probably not warm enough to swim 2nd May although people have done...Brrrrrrrr! if you google accuweather it will give you a 15 day forecast. smiling smiley

At the moment it is raining and cold sad smiley spose to pick up end of this week and no turning back I hope grinning smiley

Roll on the good times grinning smiley

Janesmoking smiley
April 19, 2010 10:00PM
The weather in May can be changeable so It would be best to bring some warm clothes . There can also be quite heavy thunderstorms that last for a couple of hours and then the sun comes out again. On the whole it is normally warm and sunny and hot enough to be on the beaches. The sea can still be chilly for swimming
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login