Chrousso Village

Chrousso Village

Posted by g2000 
g2000
Chrousso Village
March 10, 2010 12:41PM
We are staying in the Chrousso Village Hotel in Paliouri, Halidiki, later this year. From the reviews I have read it sounds very nice, but perhaps a little remote. I notice that there is a free bus running to nearby resorts. How regular is this service? Also is the beach and Paliouri easily reached on foot (with a 4 year old!)? We are hoping to have a fairly relaxing holiday, but it is always nice to see a bit of the area, and wondering whether it would be worth hiring a car. We are staying all inclusive - what types of snacks are served in the snack bar for all inclusive clients? It would be nice to hear from anyone that has stayed here, with any tips on things to do or avoid.
Thanks
Re: Chrousso Village
March 11, 2010 09:28AM
I have never stayed at the hotel but I know where it is as I am a regular visitor to the beach there. The hotel is down a steep side road off the main road and very close to the beautiful shelving beach which has a great beach bar, water sports and LOTS of sunbeds & umbrellas. The sand is gorgeously soft and the water there is great for kids as it is very shallow and calm, you can walk out quite a long way and still only be up to your knees!

It is quite isolated and there isn't really anywhere in walking distance from the hotel (apart from the beach) but I have seen the Chrousso minibus in Pefkohori and Hanioti which are 2 nearby villages with all the village amenities.

I think hiring a car in Halkidiki is a great option if you want to get out and about and see places. The roads are pretty good and it is hard to get lost as it is one main road all the way round the edge of the peninsula. You can hire a car from any of the big firms at the airport or there are lots of local places if you want to do it once you are out there.
ian roberts
March 19, 2010 12:12PM
hello g2000

I will be working in Chrousso Village as i did last year in entertainment. I think you have chosen the perfect hotel to stay at if you have a child as it is a very child friendly hotel with lots of other children to meet and activities to do.
Regarding transport the Chrousso bus runs to Pefkahouri and Hanioti at 10 in the morning then picks up again at 2 in the afternoon, then again at 7 picking up at around 10 at night. So you can jump on or off this free bus at any of these times. There are a lot of taxis in this area costing about 10 euro to the nearest town Pefkahouri. Also there are many car rental companies which I would recommend renting a car may be only for a day or two to drive down the coast away from the tourist towns to see some beautiful scenery. The beach its self is only a 5 minute walk which is what i think makes Chrousso the best hotel in the area as you see people driving coming by bus, walking to our beach from other towns as it is the best beach on the peninsular.

look forward to seeing you in the summer at Chrousso Village and make sure you come and say hello, any more questions please dont hesitate to ask
Ian Roberts (entertainment)
March 19, 2010 02:05PM
Ian

Hi. I wanted to send you a provate message but it wouldnt give me the option to. Are you registered on here so you can receive them? Cheers, Mark
ian..
March 19, 2010 02:47PM
Hey mark
i am awaiting confirmation I have just signed up
ian
March 20, 2010 01:41AM
Cool

I read you do the entertainment. We do the karaoke on the penisula at some of the bars & hotels and have something you might be able to use at your hotel.

Send us a PM when you get sorted with registration.

Mark
g2000
March 22, 2010 08:12PM
Hi Ian,
Thanks for your reply. Hope to see you when we visit from 5th June. Chrousso Beach hotel sounds nice, and most of the reviews I have read are positive. I guess the buses have to be booked in advance with there only being two each day? What type of entertainment is offered? Do you know if the snack bar serves anything decent to eat, as we arrive early afternoon, just after the restaurant closes after lumch?
Many thanks
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login