Weather?!

Weather?!

Posted by Alison 
Alison
Weather?!
September 08, 2009 01:59PM
Due to travel on the 14th - anyone know what the weather will be like - not hearing good reports!!!!
Prouty
Re: Weather?!
September 08, 2009 02:27PM
Hi Alison

Just logged on and saw your message!! I have been getting a bit concerned too to be honest! We are flying out on the 21st and at the moment any weather reports I am finding for Halkidiki are low 20s and raining!! confused smiley

Hope you have a lovely time though, whatever the weather
September 08, 2009 02:29PM
I just got back yesterday after 9 days out there and yes, Sunday & Monday were cool & cloudy, with a torrential storm on Sundauy afternoon, but it doesn't tend to last long and I'm sure it will clear up in a day or two, if it hasn't already.

The 7 days before that were roasting and you didn't even need a cardi in the evenings....
alison
September 08, 2009 02:46PM
Yes it's a bit worrying isn't it. Even the long range forecast looks depressing sad smiley

Hope you have a great time too though sad smiley Let me know if you hear any good weather reports!
Prouty
September 08, 2009 02:55PM
I don't mind the odd shower but fingers crossed for some nice warm sunshine!! Please... will have to reconsider the suitcase packing...any ideas? winking smiley

I found the following websites which look like they do regular updates of the weather forecasts, hope I am allowed to post these web addresses here:

[news.bbc.co.uk]

[www.thomson.co.uk]
September 08, 2009 05:06PM
try www.meteo.gr. You can see longer range forecast in Greek, but if you don't read Greek then hit the English flag and you get about a four day forecast. Choose Makedonia, then Kassandra. It is usually quite accurate.

Above all, don't worry. Nowhere in the world is consistent with their weather nowadays, but in our 8 months over there last year we only had a few nights rain March to Sept, and about three days in September were very cool and wet but this was the first time in over 30 years that we had known it to be that cool. It soon warms up again.

We go out 28 September and still hoping for some good weather as it was lovely in early October last year.
September 10, 2009 07:13PM
Yes we were out for the second week in October last year and very good weather, the two weeks before were not so good mostly rain, but as you say thats how world weather is. We are out on 24th Sept.
September 10, 2009 09:52PM
How long are you there for Alanapp? We arrive 28th for 6 nights, basically to sort out our rental house for next two years, although hoping for some nice weather, Greek salads and sardines, and beach relaxing (sea might be a bit cold tho!).
September 11, 2009 08:13AM
We are in Hanioti for a week just to see us overe the winter and visit friends in Saloniki.
alison
September 11, 2009 09:36AM
Just seen a forecast for next week - looks awful, rain, rain and more rain. Someone please tell me it's a joke!!!
September 11, 2009 09:45AM
[meteo.gr]

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
September 14, 2009 10:26PM
Just got back from Hanioti tonight and although we did, as usual, have a fantastic time, the weather was not kind to us. Out of our fortnight, it was really only the first five days that were sunny. We had three or so days of pouring rain and even thunder and lightning this morning and not looking too good for this week. We normally go at this time of year and have lovely weather. Having said that though, I would still rather be there without sun than here, working, with sun!
vickyj
September 17, 2009 11:22AM
Hello, i am going to halkadiki on moday 21st September with my boyfriend,
I have never been to greece before and am hopeing for lovely weather,. A messege to you all, think possitive and then maybe the weather will be kind : ) xxxxx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login