fourka

fourka

Posted by steve 
Sarah Hurmson
Re: fourka
May 03, 2006 10:06AM
I booked my holiday to Fourka yesterday and we arent due to travel until 18th of September 2006. I am extremely worried after reading some of these reviews.... Does anyone have anything TRUTHFUL and positive to say about this resort??

I have just paid £70 in admin charges to change my holiday as I was going to Egypt but considering the current climate felt I would be safer going to Greece..

Any info at all would be brill
jeff fourkas mad dog man
May 03, 2006 02:06PM
hi sarah

Ok here goes

Fourka is a quite resort with one night club (open week-ends)
Jimmys Bar at Hotel Australia is a must
Yamais Bar across the road from Jimmys (say Hi to Nikos who owns Yamais)

great tavernas and resturants my favourite is in the square on the left called the Bella Venetian its an upstairs resturant with a great view

usual sovenier shops abound and if you want to go else where like Hanioti/Nea Skioni/ Kalathea/ or Polichrono then there are taxis that are cheap Dont Bother with the bus cos they only run as and when lol

hope you have a great time i always do ive been going 4 yrs now
back end of sept you should get some BARGAINS as the resort starts to wind down for the winter

Yamas Kalinikta JEFF
steve
May 03, 2006 10:01PM
hi sarah

like jeff says it a quite resort . we have been there 5 years on the run and can say that we love it there . we will be going this year about same time as you for two weeks . lot of bad reviews about fourka but do not let it put you off .the bar owners are all brill and will make you all welcome same as the resturant owners will to.as you go into the square there are to resturants try the one on the left givvons the food is brill there . hope you have a good time there and you will let us no how you get on .thanks steve and marie if you need more info add my msn ukcarpfishing@hotmail.co.uk iv got a lot of pics of fourka i can send them to you .thanks
steve
May 09, 2006 01:14PM
update on jimmys bar having had a chat with kev from fourka jimmys bar is now outside by the pool . the old bar is now where you book in for the hotel . you can bookin there all you need is a flight out there . need more info add my msn or email me i can send you the phone numbers . doing it this way will save you money .............thanks all steve
jeff fourkas mad dog man
May 10, 2006 07:42AM
hi Steve

you have an e-mail from mesmiling smiley
jen
May 30, 2006 07:21PM
im goin fourka on monday any chance you can send me some of your pics to me,theres none on the net of fourka a bit worried with all the write ups about it. thanks jen
NATHALIE
June 02, 2006 09:44AM
DEFINATELY GO 2 JIMMYS BAR ILLIAR WILL HAVE YOU IN STITCHES! ARISTIDIES AND KNINELLIS APPS ARE REALLY NICE AND ALL THE STAFF ARE GREAT ESPESH ILLIAR STELLIOS AND GITZA! WEEKLY BBQS THERE ARE REALLY NICE AND THEYLL HAVE U ALL UP DANCING ON THE BAR N CHAIRS! IVE BEEN THERE 7 TIMES AND HAD A BRILLIANT TIME EVRY TIME! ALL THE LOCALS ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND MAKE U FEEL REALLY WELCOME N WILL GO FAR 2 MEET YOUR NEEDS! OVERALL A REALLY GOOD HOLIDAY !! X
June 05, 2006 08:03PM
Hi Sarah

We returned from a fortnight in Fourka last Monday & all had a great, REALLY RELAXING holiday. Between the 7 of us we stayed at Christina (2 bed house), Litsa (twin bed apt with separate kitchen area) & Aristides (Double bed apt with sep. kitchen area). All accommodation was basic but clean. The weather was great - mainly unbroken sunshine with one impressive evening lightning show & torrential rain plus a couple of half-days of cloud. I believe September weather is very similar if not warmer. While we were there it was 24+ by day.

We spent most days on the beach in front of Chill Out Bar/Australia hotel. Very helpful sunbed man (Milto). Beds 2 Euros, umbrellas 1 Euro per day. No problem getting beds but the weekends were noticeably busier & I can imagine that by high season, the beach will be rather crowded. The sea is fabulous - just right for cooling off!

The main resort area has a couple of cash machines, a few bars & enough tavernas & restaurants for us to eat somewhere different each night! All of them are as good as each other although the menus are all very similar. However, the food & service are second to none!

We hired a car from Panorama (opposite Yiamas bar) for 3 days & explored Sithonia & the other side of Kassandra peninsula & found lots of lovely beaches but none much better than the one at Fourka! The resorts on the other side of the peninsula are much more touristy though.

All in all, we had a fantastic holiday & I envy you. I hope to return to Fourka again.
mariad
June 08, 2006 07:38PM
This is our 3rd year in Fourka and 3rd time at the Christina (we go July) the apartments are basic but that it what we expect. Maria and her family have always been there to welcome us and see us off with tears. I go with friends all female all in our 40's and we have a great time. My daughter this year 8 loves it. She knows everyone, she is safe and everyone knows who she is the beach is outside the apartments and pool next door. It is a basic do nothing place, to be honest you either love it and return or hate it. We enjoy it the girls are all safe and we can relax. The bars are few but the evenings are what you make them, we have found that we get friendly with most other holiday makers and have all been in touch. by the way the little Greek guy at the bbq is a must, he is so funny, he makes our hols.
Barbara
re: Litsa aparts Fourka
June 19, 2006 11:12AM
Hi

Has ne body got any info on the Litsa apartments, thinking about goint there in July.
Thanks
Anna
June 25, 2006 05:35PM
Going to Fourka in August and staying at the Themelis Studios. Has anybody any information about the themelis or any photos. Thanks
June 26, 2006 06:54AM
I have just come back from Litsa apartmants , Yannis is the guy who owns it hes very friendly and my Mum and Dad know him fairly well, they are still out there till Thursday. The apartments are basic but clean about 1 min if that walk to the beach! Weather was glorious, the Chill Out bar below the Litsa is good, also plenty around there shops etc. You will have a great time.
June 26, 2006 12:23PM
Hi graemewh is it nice in Fourka? is there quite a lot to do there?

Any nice towns nearby worth a visit? Im going to Fourka 6 weeks today! :-)
vm
June 28, 2006 12:14PM
10 min driving up north you pass Kalithea and reach Afitos. go there and we speak as you return.
dave
Trying to book a holiday to fourka in june 2007
July 06, 2006 11:06PM
Hi

i was last in fourka 10 years ago and would like to go back in june 2007 but i can not find it any where does anybody know which tour compoanies have the apartments or the hotel australia.
dave
Any body got any recent photos of fourka
July 07, 2006 12:00PM
Hi

As i have previously said i am hoping to go back to fourka next year has any body got any photos that they could email to me at dave1show@yahoo.co.uk

thanks
carol
July 17, 2006 09:19AM
fourka is lovely.. i suspect that if you are under 30 and there for two weeks it might get a bit quiet for you. but whatever you do hire a car and go to sani beach it is the best beach in the world far better that anything ive seen in the far east. its about 18 miles away when you go in dont head for the sani resort where the parking alone is 15 euros when you come down the road there is a huge free car park where all the greeks park then walk down towards the beach fab bar free sun loungers and umbrellas waiter service and drinks not expensive 1 euro for water witha glass and ice 2 for coke free crisps showers its a real chill out place beach is amazing not 1 stone to be found soft sand i want to go there now.............would reccommend the australia bar lovely waitress cheap and nice food nice side bar where you can get a drink and watch the sun go down in all a great holiday.
rich-10
July 17, 2006 12:53PM
You're right about Sani. This is the best beach in entire halkidiki!
Forget Fourka.
We've been in Polichrono and traveled every day to Sani (20 minutes by car).
ANGELA
July 18, 2006 03:17PM
Please can someone send me some pictures of Fourka. I cant find any on the net.Thanks.
July 19, 2006 06:08AM
I am going to be in Halkidiki (Fourka) in under 3 weeks! Is anyone else going to be there from 7th - 22nd August? We can meet up with for a chat etc if you like? It is just me and my girlfriend. We are 21/20 years old.

Cant wait for a relaxing break etc! Has anyone got photos of Fourka please send them to ma_ac13@hotmail.com

I would appreciate if you could send some photos to me!

What is the weather like at the moment there?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login