fourka

fourka

Posted by steve 
steve@marie
Re: Aristotelis Studios...
September 22, 2005 03:23AM
HI ALL JUST GOT BACK FROM FOURKA THUR 22. 4.06 AM WE BEEN THERE TWICE THIS YEAR AS KEVIN HAS POSTED. WHY WE WAS OUT THERE WE HAD A BRILL TIME [SUN SEA MYTHOS] AND A BRILL TIME AT THE BAR AT NIGHT WITH KEVIN .

MAY BE IF YOU COME OUT YOUR ROOMS AND TYR TO JOIN IN WITH THE PEOPLE THAT ARE HAVING FUN AT THE BAR AT NIGHT YOU JUST MAY HAVE SOME FUN TO ?

BE BACK THERE NEXT YEAR CYA SOON KEV
steve@marie
September 22, 2005 04:02PM
Author: Terry (---.l1.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: 09-09-05 03:35

Hi Jane ....>I personally dont like Fourka< .....why? ....I've never been there but please tell me what to beware of.
Cheers
Tel&Lin

how the hell can you post that about fourka if you never been there SOME PEOPLE DO BAFFLE ME ?
Jane
September 22, 2005 06:37PM
If you read the message properly it doesnt say I (ME) has never been there, that is the message from someone asking why I am not keen on Fourka. So please read the message carefully before going off on one. So thats why the hell I can post about Fourka.
Jeff
September 24, 2005 05:23AM
Author: Terry (---.l1.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: 09-09-05 03:35

Hi Jane ....>I personally dont like Fourka< .....why? ....I've never been there but please tell me what to beware of.
Cheers
Tel&Lin

HAD to be read twice to make any sence really JANE

fourkas what u make it ......... not what you want it to be !
i go there to see friends in the village and just relax and recharge my poor sick body
Jane
September 24, 2005 07:06AM
I didn't write the message Jeff, it was addressed to me, so I can't be blamed for the mistake.

Yes it is what you make it. Having lived in Halkidiki for three years and gone there for over 25 years, I am expressing MY opinion. Like I said, I PERSONALLY dont like Fourka much. If you like it that is fine, many do. And I think I was quite fair when I responded to this message about Fourka, I just again expressed my opinions.

Some people probably wont like Kriopigi, I like it and go to see my Greek friends there.
Jeff
September 24, 2005 07:50AM
point taken jane smiling smiley
J
September 30, 2005 07:51PM
Hello Everyone
Ive just returned from my,yearly, visit to Fourka. I haven't been on this board for some time so thought I would pop in. To all you holiday makers who have been totally let down with your visit to Fourka, I do feel sorry for you. The holiday companies have a lot to answer for, especially what their charges are. I don't know if the following would be of any help, but I can only provide you with my own personal experience and years of visiting.
First, when I first visited Fourka, many moons ago, it was through a british holiday company, I stayed in apartments that would be described as rustic. So during that week I was there I found apartments, right next to the beach, that were privately owned nothing to do with holiday companies getting in. I booked and I have never looked back. So, please here are my tips...
(1) When booking make sure your accomodation has AIR CONDITIONING - NOT FANS- fans only circulate the warm/hot air, and those mozzies can fly in anything. Air Conditioning when left on with doors and windows closed will kill the b*"gers in no time, they don't live in the cold.
(2) Best not to go to Fourka in July and August it is the Greeks (out of towners) time for holidays. I find the quieter times end of May to mid June, then, early September onwards.
(3) Every weekend, a lot of the properties are privately owned and that is when the owners come to stay in them, so even in the months I go it can get a little busy at the weekend, not as much in september. By monday morning they have closed up and all gone back to work, if you sit on the beach sunday evening you can see the line of headlights as many drive away on the main road.
(4)In the square at the weekend on an evening there are many men who gather to chat and talk, you may even spot a worker from one of the complexes, and so quite a few cars are on the move then, its just a social thing and unless you are part of this way of life it will seem strange but its not.Even the 'grannies' are nearby sitting under a tree chatting in the warm night air.

Places to drink, there are many and each to their own I suppose, but you could try...Cafe Del Mar (in the square)...Absolute Bar (near hotel Australia) plenty of happy hours here, back ground music varies from easy listening to rock...I avoid croaky, sorry Karaoke(thurs/sat) nights at Jimmys, I prefer the quieter nights for chatting. Chill Out bar with Yiannis & Michael is also a place always made to feel welcome, in fact I don't get any cold receptions from anywhere.
Fourka may not have much in water sports , you have to really go to the otherside of the penninsular for them. The reason is, if you look on the horizon you will see the occasional ship or tanker, it is the main entrance to the port at Thessalonika. In the evening you will see the local fishing boats lights in the distance,too.

Well, I have said a little about what I know, I hope this may be of some help to someone.
DONNA
October 01, 2005 08:25PM
do you no what i have just come back from fourka our second visit this year the first being a week in may to go to a wedding .we stay in the aristidis and kanelis studios. these are absolutly lovely. but you no what i realy dont no what people expect to get for the pittance that we pay to visit these places.some of the people here were absolutly disgusting the things that they complain about were absolutl crap. a lot of the time i was embaressed to be english i was just glad that we have been here enough times and we wouldnt get tarred with the same brush as some of these clowns.
nathalie
Re: fourka
October 02, 2005 05:36PM
HEY EVRY 1 THAT WENT 2 FOURKA FROM 14TH TILL THE 28TH SEPT AND STAYED AT ARISTIDIS! NAT N KIM HERE U ALL NO WHO WE ARE! WERE THE MAD PAIR THAT WENT WITH ALL OUR FAMILLY! FOURKAS BRILL BIN THERE 4 SEVEN YEARS NOW TWICE A YEAR! N FOR THE GUY WHO DUSNT NO WAT JIMMYS FAMOUS FOR ITS BCZ, ALL THE BAR STAFF ARE FRIENDLY, THE MUSICS GOOD, THE LADS ARE FIT AND THE TABLES ARE STURDY ENUFF 2 DANCE ON HAHAH! FOR N E 1 THAT DUSNT LIKE FOURKA U MUST B MAD ITS WELL GOOD! EACH 2 THERE OWN I SUPPOSE X
kevin
October 05, 2005 12:55PM
I know exactly what you mean Donna, I have just finished work as the barman in the Aristotelis hotel, Ihave worked there for two years but will not be going back next year to listen to all the moans. Stellios and Illia at the Aristides are lucky as they dont understand what is being said all the time but being English I do, people pay buttons but want the Hilton, if they realised the ammount Thompson pay for the rooms they may think again.
donna
October 05, 2005 01:25PM
hi kevin its donna here . are you coming back to england now if so i feel very sorry for you because it just means you will be around some of these moaning minnies 24/7 or are you lucky enough to be living in fourka .i dont think people are interested wat thompsons pay all they think like you said is it should be the bloody hilton.so i take it you wont be working at the aristotelis nxt year. or will you. we have visited fourka for yrs now and i have no complaints.i love illia steliios aristidis and all the family. so wat are your plans for the winter anything good.
shell
January 10, 2006 05:03PM
HI

I AM GOING TO THE CHRISTINA APPARTMENTS IN MAY IN HALKIDIKI. ANY ONE GOT ANY PICTURES OR INFO ON THE PLACE OR APPARTMENTS? ALSO THE WEATHER?!!!!!!!! Thanks,
Shell
Katie
January 14, 2006 03:03PM
Hi, has anyone been to Aristidis and Kanelis studios, is it good for infants? and also what's the weather like in September? Am going on 4th till 18th September. Have heard lots of review about Jimmy's will have to visit.
alison
January 25, 2006 02:18PM
am going to fourka in october with our 7 year old. any info on what there is for children to do????
January 25, 2006 05:09PM
Fourka is a fairly quiet resort really. Very beautiful and a lovely beach but in the way of activities it is on the quiet side.
The Aristides and Kanelis have a pool and garden area, nice appartments but I would head to the beach.
The weather is usually nice, was 35oC when I went last sept but will start to get cooler in the evening heading into mid to end Sept. Be prepared for the possibility of an odd shower but generally it was gorgeous weather.
Jimmy's is a must, welcome the whole family and the staff are great. They do all kinds of things from Kareoke to quiz nights so that will keep you entertained.
steve
January 29, 2006 10:49PM
hi alison there not a lot for kids there but you will have a nice time food is good and the beach is nice.hope you all have good time and let us no if you did thanks steve
terry
January 31, 2006 10:31PM
Hi Alison ....there's a nice pool at the "Evridiki Apts" ...the beach is excellent ....take the kids to see the turtles just off the main beach ....I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
natalie and ioannis
February 16, 2006 11:10AM
any one ever been to themelis studios??
steve
February 17, 2006 01:44PM
hi natalie and ioannis not been there sorry can not help you on that one
steve
April 26, 2006 08:16PM
Jimmy's is a must, welcome the whole family and the staff are great. They do all kinds of things from Kareoke to quiz nights so that will keep you entertained.

info back from fourka looks like jimmys as shut down the bar that is so iv been told the bar is out side now by the pool.as for Kareoke to quiz nights do not no if there doing that now .i let you all no soon

thanks steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login