Wedding at Sani Beach

Kirsty
Wedding at Sani Beach
July 24, 2009 06:35PM
Hi everyone, I am getting married the first week in June 2010(still waiting to confirm the day) and staying at the Sani Beach Hotel. Has anyone got married here and got any pictures they can share? Also any advice on translation fees and the process would be really useful.

Thanks

Kirsty
radey
Re: Wedding at Sani Beach
July 28, 2009 01:30PM
Hey Kirsty

We are getting married this october at sani beach hotel and spa. we are in the process of completing out paperwork. It's been a long process and although it is not difficult it is expensive and there are lots of little things to look for.

Your letter of non-impediment cannot be issued BEFORE 3 months of your wedding date. We booked our appointment late, not that it was a problem, but if you can sort out an appointment with your registrar early it's a stress reliever. Secondly we used Androulla Veliotou who has been extremely helpful as she knows all the rules and regulations. Be aware that alought it does not state in any package or paperwork if you are marrying at Sani you need to have your PASSPORT photo page certified by a solicitor who is registered with the FCO. If you contact Androulla she will give you a solicitor in your city. I foudn this out through another forum, if I hadn't and hadn't contacted Androulla it would have cost an extra £125. The comprehensive package with Androulla is £421, which once returned for you covers EVERYTHING and you have nothing to worry about (so we have been told and it can be sent right off to the resort). If you have booked with First Choice or Thompson they will include a pamphlet with all of her information/details/prices, etc.

After speaking to some people who have married abroad we have decided to go ahead with silk flowers. I was not keen on this idea but the hotel charges an exorbant amout for flowers from £25-£55 for bridesmaids and £55-£80 for bridal bouquets...after speaking to local florists they charge half that for these same products. I was able to cut £40 just from going silk....jsut a thought.

We are currently trying to find a private photographer and transport company because the basic photo package is £390 and the coach is £350 (we have 30 guests coming). We would be happy to forward you this information if and when we get it.

Basically, from everything I have read and researched it is convienent to go through the hotel, but you can pay up to double the price in some cases. I hope some of this helps, and your special is perfect!
Kirsty
July 29, 2009 08:08PM
Hi, thanks for all that info. I haven't really looked into the paperwork side of things as its a bit early for us, I have been dealing with Anna the wedding co-ordinator at Sani and she is really helpful, just wanted to get an idea of what we'll need to do, all seems a bit complicated! She did mention it would cost around £400 to sort it out, so I was expecting it.

I've thought the same about the flowers, was going to take silk ones for the bridesmaids and get real flowers for myself, but might reconsider! For the actual wedding, we were hoping just to go ourselves with our witnesses to the town hall, then have a ceremony in the grounds when we get back with our guests (we are having about 30 also), so hopefully that would save on the coach fees.

I'm sure your day will be fabulous and i'd love to know how it all goes, any hints or tips you have afterwards would be greatly appreciated.

Kirsty
Anonymous User
August 10, 2009 07:57PM
Hi

I found your message really interesting as I am staying at the Sani Beach Hotel & Spa & getting married on Friday 9th October.

I have also organised my legal documents with Androulla Veliotou as it doesn't leave much time for posting documents back & forth.

I had a look at the wedding price list that Anna had sent to me & have purchased some silk flowers online. There will only be myself, husband to be & my little boy at the wedding, so don't need to worry about a coach and booked a taxi through Anna.

I would be interested to hear if you manage to find a cheaper private photographer, as it seem's rather expensive. I also think it's really expensive to have my hair put up at the on site hair saloon. You never know how good they are & I don't want to be disappointed!

With a bit of luck I might see you there.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lavinia X
mariesa
August 11, 2009 08:07PM
Hi Everyone,

I am also getting married at the Sani Resort May 2010, we are staying at the Sani Beach Club.

Radey, I woud really appreciate it if you could forward any of your contacts you may find as I also think transport to the town hall is expensive, like yourself I had also decided to take artificial flowers with me.

I would love you to stay in touch and let us know how your wedding day goes, I hope you have the most amazing time.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Mariesa xx
September 04, 2009 11:52AM
Hi Everyone,

well we are not having any luck with our alternative transport or photographers...we looked at bringing someone in and it worked out to be more expensive than the resort (as if this ws possible). Sorry, but if we hear of anything we will pass the info along as soon as possible.
Leanne
February 03, 2010 09:58AM
Hi! We are also getting married in May 2010 and are staying at the Sani Beach Club - our wedding day is booked for 28th May. Have you actually been able to contact the wedding coordinator as I was told the resort is closed until April?! I have to organise the coach as have about 20 people and it does seem expensive at £350. Also thought the brides hair and makeup at £290 seems excessive too! Good luck with your organising and might see you out there!
February 06, 2010 09:33PM
Hi girls!

The weddings in Sani are just memorable!
The location, the food, the service, just excellent. It happened that i was there for the wedding of friend and i really liked it!
Actually she had the ceremony in the town hall and after the party at Sani. The only problem for her is that all the Sani decorations, photographers, hair, make-up and trasportation were a little bit exepensive so, she searched and found an office that gives information for all these kind of arrangements.
If you need some help i'm here for you...

sweetie
Mariesa
February 21, 2010 06:07PM
Hi Leanne,
Yeh you can contact anna through e mail, I have been speaking to her over last couple of weeks we have arrangged to meet at the wedding show at the NEC in Birmingham she is there for the whole 3 days that it's on, so we can have a chat about wedding she is also gonna bring a wedding album of weddings that took place 2009 i can't wait so excited now not long to go. How are all your plans going? If you wanna keep in touch heres my e mail address mariesa.gaskell@yahoo.co.uk I will probabley be home just before you fly out so could let you know how it goes.

Speak soon
Mariesa Xx spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Kirsty
February 21, 2010 06:57PM
Hi everyone, our wedding is the 4th June, can't wait now. We are going to the town hall with 2 witnesses then hopefully having the vows read in front of all our guests on the Sani cruiser.
Would love to know how both your days go. We are flying out on the 29th May. xxx
mariesa
February 22, 2010 04:29PM
Hi Kirsty,
We fly out on the 3rd of May, wedding is on the 14th and fly back on the 17th, we are also going on the sani cruiser, I can't wait, I would love to hear how your day goes too, I included my e mail above in a previous post, feel free to contact me anytime,

10 weeks to go, big whoop whoop, so that means prob be about 14weeks for you so big whoopie for you too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Kirsty
February 23, 2010 08:28PM
Hi Mariesa, how many guest have you got going? Are you using their photographer? Have you found any cheaper transport or are you just going with what Anna suggested? It just seems sooooooooo expensive for a taxi!!!!! I'm sure it'll all be worth it though and we'll have fabulous weddings x
mariesa
February 24, 2010 07:19AM
Hi Kirsty,

We have 20 adults and 2 children, and yes we have decided to just go with what Anna and the Sani Resort offer, I know it is expensive and we debated over this for a while and when I got in touch with Planet, who are wedding is booked with they advised we do everything with Anna, I just didn't want to get people in who we didn't know and who Anna didn't, and if anything went wrong then it would be up to us to sort it out which i think would prove difficult. I'm not paying out for centre pieces for table I thought they were pricey, i'm just takin some candles and with my favours the table will look pretty enough, and I think I am also going to take my own ribbon for the car cos what they are asking is ridiculous, I am very preperred to pay for most things but i'm not gonna be ripped off. The main things are the photographer, the evening meal, the coach for guests to town hall, the boat cruise, and then some sort of drinks/nibbles reception at the sea you bar, Better get saving more pennies ha ha.

How about you? What have you got planned?

Mariesa Xx
February 26, 2010 07:56AM
Me, my husband and 8 year old son spent a week at the Sani Beach Hotel returning on 31 May 2009. The hotel was lovely and the staff very pleasant and helpful. We had a room in A block overlooking the pool. The room was small but nicely furnished. It had a large flat screen television and DVD. (The channels are mostly greek so do take some DVDs) The pool area is large and very clean although I am afraid the dreaded reserving of sun loungers beside the pool at ungodly hours does take place.

Kirsty
February 26, 2010 03:21PM
Hi Mariesa, we have got 20 adults and 4 children. We are the same, i'll be paying for 2 taxis to take us and the witnesses to the town hall, then going on the Sani Cruiser to have the vows read, we then are going to have a meal hopefully around 6.00 after a few drinks. Taking my own silk flowers and paying for the photographer, but i think thats it. Haven't really thought about taking anything for the tables yet. Don't want to be spending too much as we are also having a party when we return. We have a meeting with the registrar here next week, then hopefully we'll be able to send off our documents( thats confusing!!!!) I know i need a second job to help pay for it all! ha ha x
danii
March 11, 2010 01:27PM
Hi Everyone!

Congratulations for this important event.
I am a 24 years old girl with a undecided boyfriend.
Our plan is to get married in 2012, and I will really like the place to be in Greece.
My question for now is how much will the event cost, if we will have around 30 guests?
I know that this depends of many many things, but I just want to make a idea about it.

Thank you all and I wish you all the best!
mariesa
March 12, 2010 07:58AM
Hi Danii

This is a difficult question to answer really, because it depends what you want to do, I will try to give you an idea of what we are paying but everyones wedding day will be different prices, and The Sani Resort isn't the cheapest place to get married........
* Documentation comes in at around £650
*Wedding meal is costing £40 per head
*We are going on a boat cruise £240 per hour(this is just something we wanted to do) on top of this you have drinks
*Transport for guests to town hall £340
*Photographer £560(for 60 photos, an album and the cd with all 200-250pics)
*We are having sandwiches and drinks reception at one of the bars we have no price for this yet??
I hope this gives you a bit of an idea of what you could be paying for things also take into consideration that prices may have gone up by 2012.
My e mail address is in one of my previous posts feel free to contact me if you want any info on anything also if you want to see any pics of the resort I go in 7 weeks so will have lots for you to look at.

Happy Wedding Planning
Mariesa x
danii
March 12, 2010 12:23PM
Hi Mariesa,

Thank you for your quick answer.
The info helps me to get a general idea for this place.
Thanks a lot and I wish you a happy happy life! smiling smiley
April 20, 2010 01:48PM
Hi,

My father is available as a wedding photographer in halkidiki. He is a professional wedding photographer with 25 years experience. He is now spending time between his home in Ireland and Greece and is determined to pursue in his career both home and abroad. If you are internested and want to see his work, you can check out his website at www.peterhughesphotography.com

Kind regrads, Emily
Cath
May 15, 2010 12:42PM
Hi All,

I have just booked my wedding at the Sani Resort for next year! We fly out on 23rd May and likely to be getting married on 3rd June (the town hall hasnt released the actual dates as yet).

I would be interested in any advice you all may have regarding ideas for reception, costings of taxis (we have a wedding party of just 10), photography costs (we just want a CD with the pics on it as will sort out photobooks/albums/canvas prints on our return to the UK). Initial thoughts are perhaps going on the Sani boat for an hour for some champagne, sandwiches/drinks in a bar around the marina and evening meal watching the sunset at the Ouzerie taverna at the Beach Club. I just want something simple. We have a 10 week old baby girl (she will be almost 15 months at the time of the wedding) so whatever we do needs to be child friendly I think. I am a bit concerned about the boat but she wont be out of my sight!

Any ideas?

Thanks
xxxx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login