Things to do in and around Hanioti/Pefkohori/Polychrono

Things to do in and around Hanioti/Pefkohori/Polychrono

Posted by Jason 
Re: Things to do in and around Hanioti/Pefkohori/Polychrono
July 07, 2009 09:25PM
Hi Hutchiewoman/Linda

We're going back to the Hanioti Village Hotel for the 12th time at the end of August....paid for the holiday yesterday and can't wait!!! We go other places too but just keep going back here because we love it sooo much!

The hotel has been upgraded over the last couple of years and this year they have a new well-being centre - check out their website - it looks fantastic, Billy (one of the owners) showed us round it last year and it promised then to be cool. The gardens the hotel is set in are really lovely and taken care of by Thomas - as is the pool (hoovered every morning)

Billy and Perry are the brothers who run the Hotel but Daddy Tom actually had it built to his spec. Most of the people who work there have been there for years, there's Mama Rula in the kitchen - fresh food every day (if you like her food, please tell her - you might get bigger portions!) The BBQ round the pool on a Thursday is fab! They also lay on entertainment most nights and their techno system is fab -so - we have been able to watch the important football matches, cricket, formula 1 etc- I'm afraid!!!!

I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel but then I am biased - we meet up year after year (not planned) with repeat guests. Various people in the many great restaurants around the villgae great us like old friends. You must try Erodius (almost the nearest to the hotel) also R & R (formerly Ameythestos) and the Garden (just off the village square leading to the beach).

The coach trip is about 1 and a half to 2 hours depending on how many drop offs you have to make - try to sit on the drivers side on the way there because after you pass over the bridge (about half way) you will get the most delicious views of the coastline nearly all the way to Hanioti!

Hope you love it and wonder if you will get the Halkidiki bug as so many of us have!!
Florence
July 08, 2009 08:49PM
Hi

My partner and I are going to Pefkohori in a few weeks time and will be staying for 14 nights.
What trips can you recommend?
Do you know typical prices of trips/activities?
Are restaurants pricey? What could we expect to pay for a meal for two?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
lynn
July 14, 2009 11:31AM
we are off to polichrono 27 july with our 15 year old daughter and her friend we usually stay 7 miles away in afitos, may see you there and the girls can all pair up.
ladybirdmary
July 15, 2009 12:06PM
Hi kate101,

I am 21 years old girl from Slovakia. I would like to ask you If you don´t know somebody in Pefkohori or (all over Kassandra) who need staff. I am searching job on Halkidiki. I hope that you can help me. I am waiting to your mail. smiling smiley ladybirdmary@gmail.com

Thanks, Maria
July 15, 2009 01:04PM
hi maria,

well to be honest in pefkohori alot of the resturants,shops etc have their staff for the season,also theres not long left of it, aug/sept and thats about it.what kind of job r u looking for???everybody is looking for staff in april/may so it might be better for u to try for next yr!!!

katexx
Ladybirdmary
July 15, 2009 07:25PM
I am looking for job like waitress or saler in the shop. I sent my CVs to a few hotels in Hanioti and Polichrono in April so I was looking for a job from May not just now just I didn´t find. sad smiley I haven´t experiences with these jobs so maybe it was the cause why they didn´t contact me. In August I am going to Polichrono for a holiday maybe I will find something for the next year. Or maybe you can help me to find job for the next year in Pefkohori. smiling bouncing smiley

Thank you to your kind reply, Maria
August 28, 2009 12:08PM
Kate

Could you find out the email address and tel. no. of the Diana Hotel for me, so that I can contact the owner directly?

Olga
August 28, 2009 01:39PM
Trying again to send message. Check out- Visit to Pefkohori, Halkidiki by Derek Ford on www.guide.diytravel.co.uk/Pefkohori-guide-17972-222617.html good luck!, Olga - many times visitor to Halkidiki
August 28, 2009 07:55PM
hi i will find it out for u 2moro and let u no.
August 30, 2009 02:38PM
hi the phone number is 0030 2374061372.the owners name is billy(vassilis) he speaks vey good english.hope that helps u out.

kate
Laura H
July 11, 2011 09:59PM
Hiya in a few weeks me and 3 of my friends will be staying in the kostas apartments in halkidinki just wondered what the night life is like , fro the reviews there doesent seem to be any clubs or livley bars in the resort of polchirono. just wonderd if there are any close by ( we are all 19 yr old students) and how we would get to them ? and also ive heard bout a turtle place close by, can anybody recommend any day trips you think that we minght find interesting ?

Thanks
Laura-jayne
July 30, 2011 03:32PM
If you want nightlife go to kalithea,the turtle walk is not far from the kostas ask your rep leah,she will point you in the right direction
August 07, 2011 08:06PM
hi glad this message is still going i am going to halkadiki palace between hanioti & polichrono the 15th of august, stayed in hanioti in about 2003 so looking forward to returning & seeing any changes.
when we are there it is my hubbys 40th & our wedding anniversary so any ideas what to do /where to go appreciated.
also again any trips or walks we can do would be appreciated

thanks michelle
ps getting very excited smiling smiley
sara bundza
September 13, 2011 02:16PM
hi was wondering if u cud tell me how far ammos studios is polycrono to the aristidis and kenelis apartments? also is there much to do in polychrono thanks
lisa waters
Things to do in Polichrono, Halkidiki
January 22, 2012 08:54PM
Me and my boyfriend are thinking of going on a holiday to Polichrono, Halkidiki in June, we will be staying there for one week and we were wondering what it's like there, and if there are interesting things to go and see..
February 22, 2012 10:22AM
Hi, if you come to Pefkohori, find the Triton SCUBA dive shop(across the road from the Aegean petrol station) call in and book your "Discover SCUBA Diving" course Great fun !!
AmyYyyyyy
June 04, 2012 03:14PM
My boyfriend and I (20 years old) are thinkIng of going August 2012 but would like to know what activities there are? Do they do snorkelling? Bike rides? Horseback? Anything??!! Would be a great help..

Amy smiling smiley
June 06, 2012 03:17PM
You can hire a bicycle, scooter, quad or car from various places, depending on where you are staying. There are various excursions, day trips etc. Athos, Thessaloniki, Sithonia, Learn to SCUBA dive with Triton SCUBA in Pefkohori,(0030) 6944777575. Boat trips, lots of places to visit, lots of bars, restaurants etc. you`ll have a great time here in Halkidiki The sea water is crystal clear, and in August, the surface temperature will be around 30 degrees C. Bring enough sun cream..you can get sunburned in the shade !!! Enjoy !
ann
July 23, 2012 04:03PM
hi, just read your post, im trying to find the name of the fish resturant just off the square, it was opposite the clothes shop,would it have been AMEYTHESTOS one of the waiters was george, i know someone who is going this week, was going to ask him to say hello. thanks. xx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login