OLYMPIC KOSMAS JUST BACK.

Posted by Ally 
Ally
May 17, 2002 12:49PM
We have just returned from a week at this hotel in Hanioti and we enjoyed our holiday.

Hanioti has plenty of eating houses, bars and cafes, and a couple of sizeable supermarkets. Price of cigarettes in supermarket was about 50% more than Duty Free at Airport and rose while we were there; the drink appeared to be a bargain. The souvenier shops had little stock and clothes were very expensive. The village has no character being almost all new and there is a lot of building work going on. If you want some culture go somewhere else.

Our appartment was well appointed - hair drier, kettle, toaster which are not usual elsewhere. The balconies of some of the appartrments receive no sunshine whatsoever.

One of the trips run by the hotel was a complete rip-off. This was to the caves and a local market. Having paid for the trip you had to pay again to enter the caves and the market was closed when the party arrived. Those who went on the cruise said it was wonderful.

Hanioti is fine if you want sun, cheap booze and food. The nearby resorts are more interesting and have remnants of the original vilages.

I had some fun finding a nudist beach; if you want to know about that e-mail me.

Ally.
karenanneb
Re: OLYMPIC KOSMAS JUST BACK.
May 17, 2002 07:04PM
i totally disagree with you ally me and my family just returned from hanioti on monday the 13th and we had a really great time.we stayed at the olympic kosmas and we thought for a two star hotel it was great.we have a small child and our room was on the top floor and although we didnt get any sun we found that a blessing as our room was always cool even when the weather was really hot.
the restaurants where really great can esp recommend the amethystos bistro for a great meal ,good home cooked food all freshly prepared and really well priced.also a bar just off the main sq i cant remember the name but did really cheap food,i didnt have a prob with the cigarettes as long as theyre cheaper than here then im happy.
we didnt go on the excursions but as for the clothes shops we bought some really good bits and they were really cheap too.
i admit there is a bit of building work going on but as the resort is completeley empty over the winter they only build in the summer but we didnt find it atall noisy or off putting.
as for the resort we found plenty to do and we did walk to peflokhori one day but didnt like it at all and there seemed to be alot of greek gangs of youngsters hanging about which made us feel uneasy.
we dont drive and we found plenty to keep us amused from morning to night and although if we did drive we would have ventured about we never lacked anything to do.
Rachel
May 26, 2002 08:45PM
When you say building work going on do you mean the hotel? Going to Sarantis Appartments in Hanioti did you come across it? How was the weather? Going 10th July.
Ally
May 27, 2002 06:14PM
Rachel,
Sorry I didn't notice the Sarantis Appartments.
There was building work opposite the Kosmas and next door; it wasn't noisy only dusty.
There is some building work throughout the village but not near the square which looks as if it has been astablished for some time.
The weather was pleasantly warm in May and I would expect that it would be very very hot in July. There are various weather sites on the net where you can find historical data.
Enjoy your holiday!
Ally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login