Regards from Foca/Izmir/Turkey

Posted by omer 
omer
March 10, 2009 08:39AM
Dear Nea Fokae's friends,

Hello All,

I'm from Turkey (Istanbul, Izmir and Foca) and would like to visit Nea Fokea in April. We will be 4 people and need 2 double room.
Meanwhile I have an old Greek House (House of Diakanos) which built in 1897 in Foca and would like find and learn its history. If anybody ask me I can send my houses pictures.
I know that Nea Fokea was built from the Foca's people after 1920.

During our visit is there any possibility to talk some history? Who can help us and where can I contact?

Thanks in advance for your all kind of helps.

Warmest Regards from Foca/Turkey,

Omer
Re: Regards from Foca/Izmir/Turkey smileys with beer
March 17, 2009 09:17AM
Dear Omer
Kalimera from Greece, from Kriopigi a small village, about 8 km from Nea Fokea.
- I had a talk, with the vice-president of our local council – in which we are both members -after I ‘ve seen your message on Halkidiki.com. His family comes from ‘Pontos’ but most of the N Fokea inhabitants came from Fokea !! We can help you to bring you in contact with some older people who came here after 1920. If you want email me with some more details of your trip to Halkidiki, Greece ( when and how you are coming, if you need transportation, how long you need the accommodation ) and we’ll try to help you.

Yiassou from Halkidiki Kriopigi smileys with beer

Sakis
www.kriopigi,net
Omer
Re: Regards from Foca/Izmir/Turkey smileys with beer
March 18, 2009 09:17AM
Dear Sakis,
Thank you for your kind message. I would like to be in touch with you via private mail. My address is;
msn & mail : omer_t61@hotmail.com, omert61@gmail.com

When we started to write I can send some pics about my houses.

Best and warmest regards,

Omer
Charles
Re: Regards from Foca/Izmir/Turkey
April 06, 2009 05:47PM
Hello Omer,

I just read you letter regarding Foca, Turkey. My grandmother was born in Foca circa 1889 of Greek parents. At the time, the city was called Fokis. I have often wanted to visit and maybe do research on the family name which was Tsalikis. I have been to Kusadasi and Istanbul, but have never made it to Foca. My next trip to the area will definitely include a visit to Foca. My grandmother left at age 19 for the US. I currently reside in San Antonio, Texas.

Regards,

Charles
omer
April 11, 2009 03:59PM
Hi Charles,
Nice to read your mail, I'm very happy to hear you. Actually I am living in Istanbul but I've a very old house in Foca. I and my family use that hause as our summer period and also we go there very often. I like Foca very much. When would you like to come to Foca and Turkey I'd like to meet you. Please ad my mail address and send me necessary info about your trip. Also If you send me more info about your family (pics, address etc) I will try to find something related your family and If you want I can supply you related Foca's pics and infos.

We will be in touch.

Best Regards,

Ömer
Omer
May 22, 2009 07:30PM
Still I'm waiting a warm voice from there.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login