Halkidiki Holidays who's will be there ?

Halkidiki Holidays who's will be there ?

Posted by alanapp 
Re: Halkidiki Holidays who's will be there ?
May 10, 2009 10:49AM
After thinking that we wouldn't be able to make it this year, have finally got another job and booked our holiday going out on 31st August - 14th September, staying at the Hanioti Village Hotel for the 12th time!!! Sooo happy about that. Last year Billy (one of the Hotel owners) took us to Posidi (your side of the peninsula, Jane) and we had the most fantastic meal there, practically sitting out on the water. Hope to do it again this year! Am really looking forward to it but also don't want to wish away the whole of the summer.

Happy holidays to all Halkidiki fans.
May 10, 2009 11:38AM
Hi Shirls and Baz, great news ! I bet you went to our favourite place in Possidi, right at the end of the road and as you say sitting out over the sea. We love going there and they do a fantastic stuffed (with garlic!!) aubergine.

Have a great time, we hope to do the long term thing again next year if we find somewhere nice to rent when we go over soon.

Jane
May 13, 2009 07:56PM
Hi Jane

How lucky of you to be able to go to such a fab place long term!

It certainly sounds like your fav place in Possidi is the one we went to. We had the aubergine and various other fantastic dishes, including deep fried courgettes and such, that Billy ordered on our behalf (and insisted on paying for too!) - how's that for hospitality?, and for afters, the owner brought us out a sort of cherry compote (home made by his wife) and yoghurt. No wonder we love these people - they are so generous.

Have a fab summer - if you're around Hanioti early September, we'll be at our favourite place, Hanioti Village Hotel - check out their new well being centre on their website, it looks fantastic.

Regards

Shirls and Baz
May 14, 2009 12:15PM
Is this restaurant easy to find in possidi, or will i end up going to a different place, do you know what it is called.

phil
May 14, 2009 04:47PM
wooooohoooooo 19 days to go then nice hot sunshine i hope greece is ready for us lolcool smiley
May 14, 2009 06:22PM
Hi Phil

I don't know what it's called, I'm afraid but it's not hard to find - there are only a couple of restaurants there as I remember and I think it was the one on the end but I'm sure that Jane can help. What I do know is that the food was absolutely fantastic, we must have had a dozen or more different dishes (with Ouzo and wine!) including my favourite, grilled sardines (filleted!). Wonderful.
Anna S
May 14, 2009 06:49PM
Hi Jane,
We will arrive to Thessaloniki airport and going to Pefkochori next week. Do you have any suggestion how to get there cheaper.
Many thanks.
Anna
May 14, 2009 07:36PM
32 days left before we arrive
May 14, 2009 08:22PM
cant wait to tast real ouzo and have some great days shopping
May 16, 2009 03:34PM
Hi Anna s
You dont say how much you paying to get there?
May 25, 2009 07:43PM
Hi Jane

Welcome(?) home.....

Can you tell me the name of that fantastic restaurant in Possidi, please? Shoey657 would also like to know.....

Cheers

Shirls & Baz
May 26, 2009 09:06AM
help us jane,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login