Halkidiki Holidays who's will be there ?

Posted by alanapp 
January 21, 2009 11:33AM
We have just booked for 2 weeks 20 th June in Hanioti. With the poor exchange rate for the Euro in the U K How will it influence your holiday choices ? Is anyone else going to Halkidiki this year ?
Re: Halkidiki Holidays who's will be there ?
January 21, 2009 03:33PM
Hi Alan, definitely going to Hanioti this year but no set dates yet. The euro stinks we went to Cyprus in December and the exchange rate was can you believe .98 euros to the pound. Who are you flying with or are you on a package?
January 22, 2009 10:02AM
Thomas Cook as a package in the Renaissance, had to fly from Manchester as the flights have changed again this year. With Thomsons from Birmingham it would have been £1200 more ! Now need to save some Euro's. Hope you are both keeping well and in good voice. See you soon.
ian
January 22, 2009 11:19AM
going again this year 8th time to the same place in pefkohori
January 23, 2009 12:46PM
Not sure if we can make it to Hanioti this year (first time in 12 years or so). I have been made redundant and although looking hard for a job, not sure if what's going to happen. Boo hoo! Still, fingers crossed!
January 23, 2009 01:19PM
I've opted for Turkey this year. At £ for €, I am not prepared to pay €5 or €6 for 1 drink. I wouldn't pay a fiver here so I have chosen to go somewhere which does not have the €. It's a pity because I'd have liked to go back to Hanioti this year.
January 26, 2009 07:59PM
Yes its tough at the moment I am now working 4 days a week in the hope of better times but not looking to good. Hope the holiday marks the start of a better year ?
January 26, 2009 09:30PM
Rosemary, you could always try the "local" places where beers and drinks are much cheaper than the tourist bars etc.

In Nea Skioni we paid 2 euros for a large Amstel, 2.5 euros for a bacardi or gin with mixer. In Pefkochori there are local shops selling drinks much the same price, they are not the prettiest of places in tourist terms, but the locals drink there and it is much more a Greek experience.

Hope you enjoy Turkey.
Sheila
February 03, 2009 10:16PM
I will be there from 18th June for 2 weeks, staying at Niais this time - cant wait.....
February 04, 2009 11:25AM
We will be there 20 th of June for 2 weeks staying nexted Hotel, will see you at the bar, always like to have a drink with Leo. Not to sure that there will be very many Brits this year (hence this post) ?
February 04, 2009 01:57PM
Hi Alan

Definitely going back to Hanioti this year, could not imagine not going. We will be there from 3 - 10 September.

Will be interesting to hear on here about prices and whether they have gone up/gone down since last year.

Obviously the euro rate is very bad, but hoping that it may climb a little before we go (can dream anyway)!
February 08, 2009 03:28PM
me and the wifey will be in polichrono 31 aug-14th sept......staying at the halkidiki palace.......anybody else there when we are ????
Sheila
February 10, 2009 01:58PM
nexted Hotel? is it new
February 10, 2009 04:25PM
No its the renaissance hanioti resort open about 4/5 years ago. Just behind there new block, not nexted door by the beach.
February 11, 2009 10:26AM
hiya me and my wifey will be at the halkidiki palace 31 aug - 14th sept.... anybody else there at the same time........letz ave a beer
February 11, 2009 08:50PM
hi
new to forum
me and my wife will be in hanioti from 24 august till 7th sept 09staying at the vicky appartments
stayed in polichrono last year loved it thought we would try next resort euro is a bit worrying but what the hell its a holiday
would be gratefull of any info on hanioti as for food and drink and info on the vicky as price for air con ect

cheers richie
February 15, 2009 09:44AM
Hi All

We will be in Halkidiki 3rd June to 24th June ( looking for a house to rent ) then we are moving end of July, be great to meet up for a beer with any of you, will keep in touch via the board and can also post cost of living etc in the future. We are doing it self catering at the villa oasis and easy jet flights it worked out very reasonable. We won't be eating out much more like breakie, then rolls from bakers for lunch and cooking BBQ evening meal, followed by a few drinks at the local tavernas. It would be nice to holiday like we used to and eat out all the time but it's just not possible at the moment. So it DIY for us but at least gorgeous weather and beaches and no work!

Jane & Jack
February 16, 2009 01:36PM
Richie,

Vicky apartments are great, well positioned and lovely little pool that gets the sun nearly all day. If you get one of the rooms down the stairs at the side of the building you won't need your air con, as its lovely and shaded down there, great when you have been in the sun all day.

There is a supermarket on the main road about 2 mins walk from the vicky and its reasonably priced as well, though the ones in the village are good value as well.

Lots of nice bars and restaurants in the square, try the Tropicana restaurant for great value, tasty meals. Also try the italian.

Hope you thoroughly enjoy Hanioti, I have been the last two years and am returning again this year, will just miss you as we arrive 10 September.
d.m.jone-gammon
February 16, 2009 10:22PM
We are going to Hanioti in August (family of 4) staying at the Neiredes Apts. Anybody heard of these? They look very good. We are also looking to book a week on Sithonia Penninsula, but having trouble finding somewhere at a good price with a pool. We've been to Halkidiki before and stayed at the Sani Resort, but the prices have rocketed during the last few years. Looking forward to Hanioti and Sithonia.
Carolinus
February 17, 2009 03:26PM
Just bought a pad in Pefkohori so will be back for several visits throughout the summer.

Scarey (crazy) time to buy but we managed to get a bargain!

The exchange rate has obviously made everything more expensive, particularly drinks, but it is still pretty cheap to eat out... fingers crossed it will improve over the next few months.

I think each year there are less and less English out there, and more Eastern Europeans. I used to rep there in the early 1990s and the English were the main tourists in those days. Not sure it is necessarily a bad thing - I don't go abroad to be surrounded by Brits!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login