Distance between Polichrono + Hanioti ???

Posted by Salem 
Salem
January 20, 2009 08:39AM
Hi,
I'm staying at the Halkidiki Palace Hotel, Polichrono in May 2009. In the travel brochure, it says the hotel runs a mini-bus service to Hanioti.

But previous visitors' reviews I've read say it's about a 30 minute walk to Hanioti, but 45 minutes to walk to Polichrono, even though the hotel is supposed to be in Polichrono!

Does the hotel provide a mini-bus running to Polichrono as well? Or are there any local buses at reasonable times and prices? Thanks.
Re: Distance between Polichrono + Hanioti ???
January 20, 2009 11:29AM
hi, not positive but i'd say half an hour walk to either resort. The mini bus service i believe only runs to Hanioti. There is a bus stop outside the hotel but sometimes the service can be unreliable.
ian
January 20, 2009 12:08PM
you can grt a taxi it will only cost you about 3 to 4 euros i think you can all so walk a long the sea front last year it cost me 6 euros from pefkohori to polichorono which is the next village down from hanioti
Salem
January 20, 2009 12:09PM
Thanks. What about taxis? Are they reasonably priced and where's the best place to get them?
January 20, 2009 12:40PM
Taxis not a problem. Hotel will order you one. Good Taxi rank at Hanioti, also Taxis always going down on main road all the time so just flag one down. T
Salem
January 20, 2009 12:58PM
Are there any shops / bars close by? Does anyone know if this hotel (Halkidi Palace) is actually in Hanoiti or Polichrono as it seems to be in-between in no-mans land?

Also has anyone hired one of those quad bikes, and if so, any idea of a price?
ian
January 22, 2009 11:15AM
i am not to sure but i think hailidi palace in on the main road between polichrono and hanoiti if you look on a web site called my pefkohorivillage .com you will be able to look at pefkohori hanoiti and polichrono villages about the quid bikes they cost last year about 25 to 30 euros they also do motor bugges the two seaters type they are very good for getting about very fast
January 22, 2009 02:22PM
There are no shops or bars nearby, the hotel is on the main road between the two villages of Hanioti and Policrono. In my opinion Hanioti being the better of the two much more choice of shops bars and restuarants. We hired quad bikes last year in Hanioti the rate then was 35 euros per day.
January 23, 2009 08:43AM
Hi, sorry forgot to say on last post if you walk to either village do not walk on main road it is far too dangerous. If you cross the road from the hotel there is a nice side road which runs parallel with the sea in either direction.
Salem
January 23, 2009 12:15PM
Thanks for that. Is this side road you mention closer to the beach side of the hotel, or to its rear?
January 23, 2009 01:00PM
Hi, to the rear of the hotel are mountains so when you leave the front entrance to the hotel you have to cross the main road to get to the beach anyway this is where you will find the coastal road. Hope this helps.
Salem
January 23, 2009 02:24PM
That's a great help, thanks. I've only ever been to Polichrono once and I stayed at Nemo Studios to the north side, and they were right on the beach. I don't think I ventured further than the Tulip!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login