skiing halkidiki

skiing halkidiki

Posted by SHOEY657 
skiing halkidiki
January 05, 2009 01:11PM
hi

can anybody help me for skiing information in the halkidiki region, my wife is visiting in february and is hoping to do a spot of skiing for a few days
Re: skiing halkidiki
January 05, 2009 03:04PM
The nearest skiing is north of thessaloniki but it will of course depend on the snowfall
January 06, 2009 10:07AM
Thanks for the reply Pedro, can you advise on resorts so i can check hotels in the area. What would the roads be like driving from kassandra?

Phil
January 06, 2009 02:46PM
Sorry I don't know anything about the resorts. try a google search it may turn up some thing
January 06, 2009 03:20PM
Try Kaimaktsalan. It is close to Thessaloniki.
Their web page (www.kaimaktsalan.gr) is only in Greek but you can get an idea about the area (there are also live images on the frontpage).
As for accommodation, search on google for "kaimaktsalan hotels"

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
January 06, 2009 04:51PM
Hi there

not sure how far you want to drive but 81 km from thessalonika there is a place called Seli near Veria, Macedonia. This apparently is the nearst ski resort. Just google and all the info will come up.
January 16, 2009 10:34PM
Just got back from Halkidiki and I've been told that the ski resorts are up and running with plenty of snow.
February 12, 2009 08:42PM
Hi Phil
Not been on here for ages so just saw your post. When's Tracey coming? We go to a place approx 1 hour from Thessaloniki called Naussa. We are going this weekend. We stay at a lovely hotel called Vermion. It's at the bottom of the mountain over looking a river and a national park. It does breakfast and also has a lovely restaurant. If you want to reply to my Nostos e-mail I'll let you know what the snows like.

Love to all
Helen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login