Posted by Steve 
neriedies hotel hanioti
September 26, 2008 01:31PM
Hello,
Does anyone know which tour company are doing this hotel next year[2009]
any info much appreciated. thanks
Re: neriedies hotel hanioti
September 26, 2008 06:40PM
I have looked on Thomson, First Choice, Thomas Cook and Olympic holidays . It would appear that none of them are doing Niriidies next year although lots of Bulgarian, Romanian and Serb tour operators are offering them.
September 27, 2008 07:26AM
Have you tried Cosmos? they are starting to do some hotels in the area- although their prices are ridiculously high!

For instance - two weeks self catering = £580

Also try holiday hypermarket.co.uk as they are advertising a lot of the holiday companies on there instead of seraching individual sites
September 27, 2008 11:29AM
you'll find the property in the Cosmos brochure for 2009
September 27, 2008 03:18PM
OMG Cosmos prices are ridiculous. 1wk s/c for May 2009 is almost £500!!!
September 27, 2008 10:45PM
All prices have gone up an unrealistic ammount we paid £1380 last year the same nexted year is just short of £2000 how do you justify almost 50% increase ? (not at this hotel but in Hanioti)
September 28, 2008 12:52AM
as you say there is no way to justify that type of increase...but there are a few reasons for a

partial increase in prices such as cost of fuel/less competition on routes to Greece/since XL

demise many tour operators realising that some of their prices were too low...

at the end of the day is like buying any item especially large expensive items such as a

holiday it means doing more research price wise and looking for those bargains when they

do appear..Halkidiki wise each year in the last few there are less and less Tour Companies

going their which put prices up due to lack of choice/availability.
September 28, 2008 10:18AM
The only lack of choice we have is who and where we can fly with and from in the UK. There are more hotels being built all over Halkidiki hence giving us more choice. These prices are totally being inflated by tour operators and in the end they will lose out as people will go to more affordable places.
September 28, 2008 12:13PM
although there are plenty of choice accm wise if you do a DIY holiday one factor is expensive and

thats transfers [ if you not a driver or don't want to drive]to many of the popular resorts your looking at

£ 120 return for a couple it all adds up
September 28, 2008 04:30PM
Well I am in shock at the prices cosmos are charging, and unfortunately I can't afford to pay them. I suggest we all book with thomson asap as their prices are still halfway decent! AND they still fly from Newcastle, the only "northern" airport apart from Manchester, and the only ones who do now!

I'm there tomorrow and I can't wait, but I will be having a word with my friends who own a hotel out there who are signed up with cosmos next year and telling them the ridicuous prices they are charging!

I really don't think it is the hotel and apartment owners who have raised their prices, they know that people will not pay the higher rates! Its the greedy holiday companies who think they can get away with it, well they won't sell their holidays at the high prices and will be forced to reduce them down to a reasonable level in order to sell them! And they raise them at a time when everyone is tightening their belts due to the credit crunch! Madness!

Ok rant over, but i do hope that cosmos lower their prices, as currently they have priced a lot of people out of Halkidiki (and probably everywhere else) and I think it would be a shame for people to not be able to afford to come to this beautiful area.
September 29, 2008 12:23PM
Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply,we were wanting to book now for next year we stayed in june for 2 weeks and it was brilliant, hubbys parents are wanting to come with us next year, we always stay with our greek friends and have been going to hanioti for 18yr usually for easter or may, sep/oct,but went this year in season for our silver wedding, telephoned the hotel last week and was told they would know next month which company they would be with?-did try cosmos site ,but pricey,my in laws are in mid seventys so need to keep a eye on cost.
Thanks f0r your e-mail lisa went on thomson site we managed to get flights from newcastle which is only 2hrs away,and got two weeks beg of june, half board at hanioti palace for £2400,the prices have really gone up,this deal was cheaper than going self catering, i hope the tour companys keep prices reasonable,allowing us brits to still travel to this beautifull area, and to allow tourism to continue toprovide a living for the greek community.
We will need to start saving now!!!!1
thanks again for everyones time, take care. sherrilyn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login