Prices in Hanioti

Prices in Hanioti

Posted by Sash 
Sash
Prices in Hanioti
September 19, 2008 10:25AM
Me again!!

I was wondering if Hanioti is expensive or reasonably priced? I've not been before as I usually go to the Canaries which is very expensive. In terms of food, alcohol, taxis - are Hanioti prices like the uk?

Thanks again... Stephanie
Re: Prices in Hanioti
September 19, 2008 01:50PM
Prices are resonable but the Euro has made things more expencive, but it is such a wonderfull part of the world you soon forget. (well till you get home)
Ian J
September 20, 2008 06:33PM
hi smiling smiley im there now and its not too bad between 7-12 Euros for food for a meal we ate for about 38 euros last night for 3 adults and drinks , beer is quite reasonable (very strong) about 2-3.50 Euro, goodies are quite exspensive but depends on what your used to paying and buying , dont know about taxis i have a car so dont need to worry about it im here untill 29 sept and its raining today untill Sunday (hopefully will stop) it says on the weather sad smiley
September 22, 2008 11:35PM
Just newly back tonight and as it was my 4th time there, I found it more expensive this time. I expect its the poor exchange rate thats made it this way. If you like to drink beer then its cheap, wine is also around €2-3. Spirits on the other hand are €5-6 and its mostly local brand for that price. It does include a mixer which is more of a dash, but not once was I ever given a can or bottle of mixer separately. At todays rate that makes it £8 for 2 drinks.
I noticed that places which had previously offered a 2-3 course menu of the day, no longer did it, you had to choose from the A La carte menu. That did not affect us as we were half board.
I genuinely found it as expensive as at home and occasionally slightly more.
Hope this is helpful
September 23, 2008 06:08AM
We don't live in Hanioti, but prices around the peninsula are not so bad if you go Greek. At our local bar in Skioni Barcardi is 5 euros but it is more of a triple measure if not more and you get coke up to the top in the local Greek bar. Beers in the bar however are dearer than drinking beer in a taverna or snack bar. Amstel, Mythos is generally 2 - 2 1/2euros except in CAFE BARS, these seem to be able to charge what they like so we don't go there.

Again, locally in Skioni we get a good meal for two with drinks included for around 20 euros. That is a really good filling up meal and we certainly don't feel hungry later.

Generally, going on what we eat, tomato and cuc salad is 3-31/2 euros, cover charge (including bread is around 1 euro each), portion of grilled sardines 5-6 euros, souvlaki around 1 euro a stick, giros 2-1/2 euros, calamari 5-7 euros, beefburger (the Greek style one) 4-5 euros, fried/grilled kefolatiri cheese 3-4 euros, whitebait/gavros 5-6 euros.

Like I say, I am not sure on Hanioti itself, but there must be some local type places. We personally find it cheaper to eat out than in the UK, but it is not cheap like Greece used to be. You can also buy very cheap fruit and veg at the local market in Kassandrea, and it is not too highly priced at the small supermarkets. We generally do not find it cheap or fresh enough at the very large supermarkets.

Bread is also fairly cheap and you can generally get at local bakeries rolls etc to fill yourself, or I know in Hanioti on the main road there is a bakery that does filled rolls that are not too expensive. Another cheap snack is the local pies, spinach - cheese - frankfurter - bougatsa (sweet) which if you find a small place are generally around 1.50-1.70 euros a portion, and the portion is large. You can also get frappe for 2 - 2/12 euros at most places, but seafront is usually 3 euros.

Hope that helps a bit. If you get out and about and see the scenery too, you will pick up some good cheap places to eat as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login