Horse Riding

Horse Riding

Posted by Leigh 
Leigh
Horse Riding
September 17, 2008 04:50PM
I'm going to Sithonia next week staying in Vouvourou and wonder if anyone has details for horse riding nearby. I keep reading that it's good for horse riding but can't actually find contact details for any stables!
Thanks.
Re: Horse Riding
September 17, 2008 05:07PM
Hi Leigh

Came back from Halkidiki last week but stayed on the Kassandra peninsular. I did see a sign for horse riding in Kallithea just by the big go-karting track by the nightclubs.

Might not be any good for you but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Enjoy your holiday....
Leigh
September 18, 2008 09:05AM
Thanks for your reply! I guess it might just be a case of driving round and trying to find somewhere, just not sure whether to bother to pack my riding boots or not!
September 18, 2008 11:10AM
There are two on Kassandra, one near Pallini and one near Skioni/Loutra. Not seen much riding done though, just the adverts so not sure how good or how many horses are available. In driving round Sithonia I have never seen anything advertised, but that does not mean I may have missed it ! All in all, I saw plenty of riding up to about 15 years ago, but in the last 15 years I have not seen anyone riding at all.
September 18, 2008 03:14PM
Have a look at Porto Carras (www.portocarras.gr). According to their web site they offer this kind of service. Distance between Porto Carras and Vourvourou is ~30 km.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
Leigh
September 18, 2008 03:27PM
Thanks for you replies!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login