Wedding advice needed!

Wedding advice needed!

Posted by bex 
Mariesa
Re: Wedding advice needed!
June 06, 2009 09:34AM
Hi Allison,

Unfortunately you cannot get married at the Sani Resort, you have to get married at the town hall, a ceremony can be arranged after the town hall at the Sani Resort and you can have your vows read again. We are getting married at Kassandra Town Hall, it looks very pretty on photographs, i think its a white stone building with cobbled stone streets. (you'll be able to see it on the photographs)

It's about 20-30 minutes away from Sani Resort i think, we have a wedding car included in the wedding package to take us there, and we have to arrange transport for our guests. We havn't booked transport yet but we have been quoted Ā£300 for a coach, (Sharon paid Ā£250 for a coach May 2008) so price quoted is probably about right.

We are staying all inclusive at the Sani Beach Club, i know there is a dine around programme where you can eat at the restaurants on the marina, but you do get charged for drinks, you get 20% off your drinks bill because your all inclusive. If you have a look on Tripadvisor the reviews are amazing and the all inclusive option is reccomended by everyone.

For our reception, on return from the Town Hall our guests are going straight to the SEA YOU BAR on the Marina, why we have pics on the beach, we will then join them for nibbles and drinks. We are then hireing the boat, (wedding cruise) were not sure yet whether to do 1 hour or 2, its 250 euro per hour which is Ā£250, you just cruise around the aegean sea, having drinks and the captain will read out your vows on the boat for a small charge. As for the meal we think we are just going to eat in the buffet style restaurant in the Sani Beach club, We don't really want a full sit down meal, we just want it to be a bit more relaxed, we are hoping they will reserve us a table on the outside terrace which can be decorated with balloons and and other wedding stuff which i'm going to take over myself. We will just help ourselves to food as and when.

We have not yet booked the holiday as the flights are not on sale yet, should be towards the end of June, we have booked the wedding day with Planet Holidays/Weddings our date has been confirmed but the time at which you get married is only given to you when you arrive in resort(also Kassandra Town Hall only marry you on friday's between 11am and 2.30pm)

The travel company dealing with our wedding is Travel Counsellors, it's a company with independant travel agents working for it, we got in touch with Karen Smith she is fantastic, she came to see us at home as we were local to her, we had a chat and disscussed wedding plans with her she went away with a very long list of questions from us, she got back to us with all the answers via e-mail and sent some pics of sani resort of restaurants and the bar on the marina to give us ideas for the wedding she is very efficient and such a lovely person, if you wish to contact her here are her details, www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/karen.smith
Mobile:07890 387546
Tel:0845 0588020

Hope this helps, if there is anything else you'd like to know just ask.

My e-mail address is mariesa.gaskell@yahoo.co.uk if you e-mail me your address i'll send you the pics of Sharon's wedding and the pics that i have of Sani Resort.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Mariesa x
janet wallace
June 08, 2009 07:03PM
Hi mariesa
I wouldnt mind having a look at the photos if you dont mind. I am to getting married at kassandria town hall, Im so looking forward to it. We fly out on the 6th august and get married on the 14th. The cruise you mentioned sounds like a nice idea, I might look into that.

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to hire a car and a driver for a few hours, and how much it costs approx, to transport us to kassandria town hall from polichrono then back again.

thanks Janet x x
Mariesa
June 08, 2009 09:31PM
Hi Janet,

Of course i can send you some pics, which ones do you want to see. I have some of Sharons wedding at Kassandra Town Hall May 2008, she e-mailed those to me because i wanted to see the Town Hall. The wedding cruise/boat is on the Sani Marina, my travel agent sent me the pics of that, one is just an advertisement and i think i have a couple of a wedding party on and off the boat.

If you send me your e-mail i will send you them all.

You must be getting really excited now, it will be here before you know it.

Mariesa x

P.S My e-mail is mariesa.gaskell@yahoo.co.uk
janet wallace
June 09, 2009 10:14PM
Hi Mariesa
thanks for the reply, I have sent you an e-mail.

Yeah im getting really excited, but its also scary as got loads to sort out lol. I still need to sort out a car to get us from polichrono to kassandria town hall, the tour opertators want a ridiculas amount if you go through them,

Keep in touch

Janet x x
June 10, 2009 07:26PM
Hi Janet

Like i have probaby said before, have a word with Sakis at Kriopigi cars/Akropolis Restauant, Im sure he would be able to help you out.

Steve....
janet wallace
June 10, 2009 08:02PM
Hi Steve thanks for the advice, I have e-mailed him to ask him, Im just waiting for a reply.

Janet x x
June 10, 2009 08:50PM
Dear Janet.
Thank you very much for your email.
It is possible to hire a Taxi car-driver ( English Speaking one as well) in a nice Big Mercedes from Ammos/Polihrono to and from the Kassandra Town Hall.
My experience from weddings we ā€˜ve hold in our restaurant, Iā€™ve told that for the whole action you are looking for something like and between 60.00 ā€“ 70.00 euros. Heā€™ll take you from Ammos to Kassandra Town Hall, he ā€˜ll wait till the end of the ceremony and then he can take you to the reception taverna/restaurant.
You can ask him to decorate the Car with flowers and white ribbons, as we normally do in Greece and with a small extra ( say 10-15 euros) some couples after their wedding ceremony and before the reception starts, if they wish ,
he can take you to a nice beach for some photographs to be taken there too!!
I hope that helps.
If you need some more help donā€™t hesitate to contact me again.
I wish you all the best for your wedding.

Sakis
ā€˜Akropolisā€™ restaurant and ā€˜Kriopigi Carsā€™ Rent A Car.
www.kriopigi.net

PS
YIASSOU STEVE !!!smileys with beer
mythos is waiting.
Regards from Stuart!!
Sakis
janet wallace
June 10, 2009 09:12PM
Hi Sakis
Thankyou very much for your help, I really appreciate it, that has helped me alot. How will I contact this taxi man with a mercedes?

Im looking forward to coming to your restaurant for the greek night, everyone says how good it is.

Thanks again
Janet x x
June 11, 2009 02:25PM
Hi Janet

We were paying 10 euro per adult for the buffet which included 1/2 ltr wine per couple but we did add some extras on like welcome drinks, extra fish and meat (which wasnt really required!), champagne for toast and Childrens meals. It was excellent value from Kim and Roulis and they set a lower price for the bar while we were there. We put a tab behind teh bar which lasted longer than I expected and then everyone payed for their won drinks. I'd say for my 39 guests the day probably cost in the region of 2000 and that was all day and night, food and drinks.

We were getting menu's from other restaurants via the rep and they were all in the region of 15 per head for a standard Greek Meze, but not nearly as good a deal as Stones offered. (This is different from what I am used to here in Liverpool, we get lots of little plates like a tapas banquet but there its all brought out on one big dish).

Anyway I hope you enjoy your special day.

Best Wishes

Lynette xxx
janet wallace
June 11, 2009 02:45PM
Hi Lynette

Thanks for that advice. Is stones in polichrono then? did you book it before you went or did you just shop round when you got there?
My head is mashed with it all. It so difficult to sort out when you dont know what is on offer where and when lol.
Did you hire a car too?

Thanks again Janet x x
June 11, 2009 03:07PM
(( Hi Sakis
Thankyou very much for your help, I really appreciate it, that has helped me alot. How will I contact this taxi man with a mercedes?
Im looking forward to coming to your restaurant for the greek night, everyone says how good it is.
Thanks again
Janet x x )

Hi Janet
Send me please an email and I'l give you his phone nr.
Looking forward meeting you !!
Yiammas smileys with beer
Sakis
ā€˜Akropolisā€™ restaurant and ā€˜Kriopigi Carsā€™ Rent A Car. in Kriopigi.
www.kriopigi.net
June 11, 2009 04:43PM
Hi Janet

Glad to be of some help, I thought Sakis would probably know someone, he is a great man, and his Greek nights are the best.
4 more sleeps to go, roll on monday.

Steve...
janet wallace
June 11, 2009 05:31PM
Hi mr steve

Yeah sakis has been most helpful, thanks for putting me on to him.

So now i got car and hairdresser sorted out, now just need somewhere to have my reception and find out where i can get a couple of bouquets for my bridesmaids lol. A local resteraunt has quated me 20 euros per head but after reading lynetttes she has mentioned she got hers for 10 euros and the reps are offering it at 15, As you know the area can you suggest anywhere?

We have still got 56 more sleep to go but it will take me that long to get organised lol.

Enjoy your holidays. Thanks again for your help.
Janet x x
June 11, 2009 07:14PM
Hello again Janet

Sorry to sound like im his rep or something, honestly I dont work for him lol, but have you asked Sakis for a quote, I read in one of his messages earlier that he has catered for weddings in his restaurant, and I know his food is very good. When I see him next I will have to ask him for some commission lol, no doubt he will buy me a beer.

Steve.....
janet wallace
June 11, 2009 07:23PM
Hi Mr Steve

You sure you dont work for him lol..........

Is his resteraunt near to the ammos in polichrono as that is where we are staying?

I will ask him for a quote for the reception on your recomendation lol.

Janet x
Teresa
June 12, 2009 05:35PM
Have just arrived home from Sani resort yesterday (11/6/09). Noticed that a fine traditional looking new church was under construction on the resort near the marina . Is that worth knowing or following up?
mariesa
June 17, 2009 08:28PM
Hi Teresa,

Just wanted to ask what did you think of Sani Resort,Which Hotel did you stay in? I'm getting married there next year? So it looks like they are building a church on the marina, i think that will become very popular for weddings as you can't get married on the resort at the moment you have to get married in the town hall first?

Would love to hear what you thought of Sani.

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.
Mariesa x
June 17, 2009 10:43PM
Hi Everyone

Wow!! It's a while since I've logged on and so many posts, it sounds a bit frantic (lol). It's easy for me to say that now, but I know exactly how you are all feeling. It's a mad time and it will take you all a while to come back down to earth after your weddings.

My experiance was that when you are in resort people can't do enough to help you with anything you need. I booked a Merc taxi through my hotel reception from Oceania to Kassandria, he waited through the ceremony, took us for beach photos and then back up to the hotel which was about half an hour away. I had sourced a local photogprapher over then net before we went but once we go in resort and I saw his pictures I wasn't happy with the quality so got a new photographer 4 days before the wedding which my rep arranged. People just rally round to help you - especially the Sani staff. If Anna Wohlfart is your co-ordinator she is fantastic, as is Pearl from First Choice.

Someone mentioned a sit down meal or a buffet. It's really hot out there and I had a sit down meal which I didn't eat and looking back a buffet may have been better for us, a little less formal but the guests did enjoy it. We got married at 11.30, did the photos, had the reception at 2pm and I was in the pool in my bikini at 4.00pm. We then got dressed up again for the evening drinks.

I did send some pictures to Mariesa that showed Kassandria Town Hall quite well and I think she has forwarded them onto a few of you. I tried to find some which gave a good idea of the building so if anyone wants to see them just ask.

Try not to worry too much about the documents as it will all be ok. If anyone is using Androulla to translate she is an expert and will make sure everything is in order for you. One thing worth bearing in mind is you can make your appointment at the register office here anytime within a 12 month period of your wedding to post your banns and have your interview. You only need to collect your certificate within 12 weeks of your return date from Greece as the date you collect your certificate is the date which is stamped on it, not the date you had your interview. Eg if you are getting married in May you can have your interview at the register office in Jan and then collect your certificate March - your interview does not have to be in te 12 week period - only the collection of your certificate.

I can guarantee everyone of you will say after your weddings "if only I knew then what I know now!" Just all enjoy the experience your days will be perfect.

Good luck

Sharon
janet wallace
June 18, 2009 08:10AM
Hi Sharon

Thanks for your advice, you are such a calming influence. Its 7 weeks now till we go and im so looking forward to it. Did you arrange most things through your wedding co-ordinator? as I find them very over priced. I have tried to pre-book things before I go but its very difficult as I dont know the area or whats available.

Take care Janet x x
June 18, 2009 03:41PM
Hiya Janet

No, unfortunately Stones is in Hanioti so if you are ever getting over there, say Hi to Kim and Roulis for us. I was very lucky to have gotten my car for free through Kim and Roulis so cant help with hire. I do know Thomas Cook wanted us to pay Ā£156 for a decorated car so Saki's figures sound good. TC also wanted Ā£300 for a coach to take our guests to a possible venue that was literally five minutes away so you can imagine our response to that.

I only organised my reception when I arrived at the resort as I didnt know my wedding date till then. But it was fairly easy to do but I would have appreciated having some possibles to look at before we got there.

Hope this helps.

Lynette xx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ļ»æ