Wedding advice needed!

Wedding advice needed!

Posted by bex 
Re: Wedding advice needed!
April 16, 2009 08:15AM
Hi Mariesa

Sorry took me so long to get back to you. Busy, busy with all this wedding planning.

What happened with our documents was that we got an extra word put on our certificates of non impediment. Basically we are getting married in Hanioti and put this on the docs to be tranlated as we had been advised buy a friend that the greek authorities were very specific about the wording. Thomas Cook took issue and said we would need to get them redone just to have Pallini, Halkidiki, Greece. But we had already checked with Androulla the translator who said it would be ok. Then they (TC) said it wasnt so we were frantically trying to contact Greece. We got Androulla to contact Hanioti Town Hall for us and she confirmed after speaking to somebody there that the wording on the certificates was ok. But Thomas Cook would not accept her word. So, I had to go to my local registrar and beg for an appt to get the docs reissued. I then emailed the Greek registrar myself, Rita, whose completely lovely. (Thomas Cook said they couldnt sort anything as they had nobody in resort yet. I wonder why if I could contact the town hall myself ,they couldnt???) So, Rita very kindly responded very quickly and told me that the wording would be acceptable so we were happy and releived about this. We cancelled the appt with the local registrar as this would have been £60 before we even thought about translation and registration. I forwarded this email from Rita onto Thomas Cook weddings but still they wouldnt accept it. Thomas Cook now want us to write a letter stating that if the wedding doesnt go ahead they are not responsible!! Obviously I'm not writing that letter. Sorry, its a bit of a saga but that's what's happened!!!!

With regard to the wedding date. Like everyone else booking through a travel agent, its states in the brochure you need to be a resident for at least 8 days before you can wed. We have been told, after we booked, that we wouldnt have the confirmed date until we arrive in resort. So we will be sorting our wedding reception when we get there. I just hope the resort rep is more helpful.

Despite all the hiccups I am very much looking forward to it and I expect Hanioti to be lovely. If anyone can recommend a nice Greek Taverna for a wedding reception for 34 people (incl kids) let me know.

Best Wishes

Lynette xxx
April 17, 2009 11:01PM
Hi,
We're hoping to get married in Hanioti next year so it would be great to have any info about organising things ourselves (don't know where to start!). We've stayed in Halkidiki 3 times previously so know the area but would love to hear from anyone who has got married in Hanioti Town Hall and stayed in the resort itself. We're hoping to go back to Hanioti later this year to suss things out in more detail but any help would be much appreciated!

C x
Mariesa
April 20, 2009 07:52PM
Hi Lynette,

I'm glad to hear that you got your documents sorted, and hope you are now looking forward to your big day. I hope everything goes ok for you and you all have the most perfect day, i look forward to hearing from you to see how it all went.

Good Luck and Best Wishes

Mariesa xx
April 21, 2009 05:24PM
Hi Mariesa

Sorry, I haven't forgot about you. We have been away for Easter and are now decorating one of the bedrooms. I've packed the disc with the Town Hall pictures away until the room is finished which will be tomorrow. i promise I'll dig the potos out and get them to you before the weekend.

Regard

Sharon
April 22, 2009 08:39PM
Hi Mariesa

I have sent you some emails with the pictures attached.

Regards

Sharon
debbie nasimith
May 19, 2009 01:50PM
hi my names debbie - my partnerand i get married on the 5th june ( hopefully) we fly to halkidiki on the 1st june and werr staying at the sani beach hotel.
ive read through some emails and ive had the same problems regarding paperwork etc etc to be honest its been hell ! everything in place now i hope and the paperworks arrived - im just vefry concerned about arrangements when were there cos were all inclusive i want to know what reception options we have , the cars they offer etc etc
can u please help me out with this ,
many thanks
debbie
janet wallace
May 31, 2009 11:41PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice please? we are getting married at kassandra town hall on 14th august and i am just sorting out my documentation, could anyone tell me whether it is kassandra or kassandria town hall as i have to have it correct for our certificate of no inpediment. Thanks Janet x x x
June 01, 2009 09:43AM
Dear Janet,

The town hall of the municipality of KASSANDRA is located in KASSANDRIA village, which is the capital ( it's a little bit confusing even for the greeks!!!). Probably the correct is Kassandra's town hall.

My best wishes for your wedding

Annak.
janet wallace
June 01, 2009 04:16PM
Hi Annak thanks for your help.
Janet x x
Carolinus
June 01, 2009 04:24PM
Janet

If you can hold off a day or two I can have a look at home at my papers - I recently got my AFM (Greek tax number) from the Kassandra / Kassandria town hall so it will probably say on the official form the correct name.

Will try to look tonight...
jay
June 01, 2009 05:07PM
GETTING MARRIED, My there are some mad people around, Bless them all. I hope everything goes well for you
Carolinus
June 01, 2009 07:31PM
Hi Janet

I looked at my AFM paper and it says 'Kassandras' (with the S on the end) rather than Kassandria...

Hope that helps!
June 01, 2009 08:13PM
Hi,

it is very simple. Kassandra (as the peninsula) is the name of the municipality and Kassandria village is where the town hall is located.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
janet wallace
June 02, 2009 09:15AM
Hi everyone thanks very much for your help its greatly appreciated. Was wonderng if anyone knows if it easy to hire a car and a driver for a few hours on the day of our wedding to transport us to the town hall and then for photos etc I was gonna book one through my tour operator but it is a ridiculous amount of money.
Janet x x
jay
June 02, 2009 05:35PM
Yes you can get them cheap enough locally in any resort
June 03, 2009 01:56PM
Hi Chelle

We have just gotten back from our wedding in Hanioti and all my 36 guests plus us 3 had a fab time. The town hall was cool. Nothing mega special but pretty enough. Rita, the registrar is a star (her email is on here somewhere).

Now our wedding reception was amazing. It was held in Stones restaurant. The owners, Kim and Roulis did us proud. They worked tirelessly to make our day so special and one we will never forget. The food was excellent. So much of it that we had to have it taken away but it was scrummy later on. We could have any music we liked and all, young and old, danced the day and night away. The setting was stunning and Kim decorated the tables and restaurant beautifully.

They were so helpful to us even going so far as organising a car for me from hotel to town hall and to beach for pics. This was free of charge and a great help seen as Thomas Cook wanted us to pay 156 euro for a decorated car. Roulis even took my husband Peter and best man Ian for a wet shave in Pefkohori on the morning of the ceremony.

It was fab. If I can figure my way how to do ity I will post a pic on the photo's page but I am a complete technophobe. If anybody would like Kim's email let me know and I'll check if its ok to hand out.

Go to Stones, you wont regret it. Lynette xx
janet wallace
June 03, 2009 04:50PM
Hi im glad to hear your wedding went well and you had a lovely time. How much did they charge at that restaraunt for your reception if you dont mind me asking please....

As anyone got an suggestions as to where to hold a reception in polichrono?

thanks janet x
Alison
June 03, 2009 08:57PM
roydsio
Hi Sharon
I have been reading your messages with interest!

I have just been searching the internet trying to get a picture of Kassandra Town Hall. Me and my partner are looking to get married in June 2010 and we have been looking at Sani Beach Club. I have a few questions for you!

- Do you have any pictures of the town hall?
- Would you recommend your wedding venue?

We have a 9 year old son.

Your help/advice would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Alison
Mariesa
June 04, 2009 08:37PM
Hi Allison,

I am getting married in May 2010 at Kassandra town hall, staying at the Sani Beach Club. Sharon has
e- mailed me some pics of her wedding if you would like me to forward them to you send me your e mail address, anything else i can help you with just ask.

Mariesa x
Alison
June 05, 2009 05:19PM
Hi Mariesa

Thanks for your reply.

I have a few questions!

- Do you know whether you can get married at the Sani Resort (in the First Choice wedding brochure it mentioned Hanioti town hall and Kassandra town hall and then mentioned Sani Resort).
- How are you travelling to the town hall from the hotel? Have you arranged this through the tour operator?
- How far is it from the hotel to the town hall?
- Are you staying all inclusive?
- What do you have planned for the reception?
- Which tour operator have you booked with?

Thanks in advance for forwarding me some of Sharon's photos!

Alison
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login