Hanioti---how busy this summer

Posted by brian_the_gent 
August 22, 2008 07:49PM
just wondering what holidaymakers who are in Hanioti at the moment or recently returned

would comment on how busy the resort hade been this summer...as i have benn a couple of

times in the last 3/4 years at the end of sep and seems quieter each year...so interested to

see if the main summer months are holding up...
Re: Hanioti---how busy this summer
August 23, 2008 06:36AM
Hi yes very busy in July and August but not with english tourists mainly eastern europeans.
August 23, 2008 08:02AM
We were there 3/17 July agree with magoose possably more eastern europeans than Brtish. Used to be mainly German then mid/late ninties English, now the Eastern Euros. Would say English down 15/20 %. Nexted year possable less as it looks as they are consoladating flights.May only be Monday flights as it looks at the moment.
August 23, 2008 09:02AM
I know First Choice are still doing their Thursday flights from Man, Lgw and Brum as well as Ba everyday from Gatwick too.
Jo Jo
August 23, 2008 12:31PM
Brian, how busy would you say it was in September? as I am going on the 18th for one week, also went in July and it was very busy, what sort of atmosphere will the square and restaurant and bars have when I go? will all the restaurants and bars be open and will there be enough people about to not make it look empty?? Thanks for any advice on this, also do you happen to know if the children's Fairytopia park (trampolines and bouncy castles) will be still open in September? someone else on here informed me that it should be open but I would like to know for sure. Please any tips for Hanioti's night time and of course weather when I go 18th September will be much appreciated.

Jo Jo
August 23, 2008 12:44PM
jo jo....never been as early as 18sep....i usually arrive between 28sep-05oct and its still busy and
lively...since the fires the season appear to finish earlier as almost everyday in oct another
restaurant closes up...weather wise when i go still very warm although you can catch some rain
but very little by british standards !!!
2 years ago we arrived on the 28th sep,staying at the Angelo and by the second week there
were only half a dozen couples stayin in a complex which holds over 100 !!!

all in all i have enjoyed my holidays in Hanioti and there is still enough going on that it has
never affected my enjoyment.

brian
ps don't have any details with regard Fairytopia....
Jo Jo
August 23, 2008 01:05PM
Brian, many thanks for your quick reply to my question, you are a real Gent!!

JoJo
August 25, 2008 11:30AM
Nexted year Monday flights only except Thurs from Manchester with main tour operators. Thomas Cook and First Choice are using Thomson Fly. So I expect to be less choice of holidays,and fewer flight only deals with them. But we will still be there anyway.
August 25, 2008 11:55AM
a few back when i started travelling to Hanioti i could get flts from Glasgow/Newcastle

but now my nearest dep point in Manchester...at this rate soon only be London flts !!!!!
August 25, 2008 01:04PM
Yes a lot of people miss the northen flights, London must be the center of the universe. I will be traveling from Gatwick in Oct.a pain to get to and thats from the midlands. The Wolves football shirts you may have seen in Wembly bar came mostly from me.
August 25, 2008 02:06PM
i wonder where there hanging now ????
August 25, 2008 08:13PM
First choice flights on Thursdays are still running just that the planes are going to be repainted and now running under tom codes instead of FCA, exactly the same flight etc just a rebranding job under the new TUI group.So there are still the three weekly flights from three airports , and Thomsons have always done Mondays.
I do get your point about everything revolving around london though!
We've found cheapish flight to thessalonika for next year from ba for August to diy our hols, but they only do from London. So maybe we will be off to Gatwick again , not a problem we drove down from manchester to Gatwick once before to make a massive saving on a first choice holiday.
Sometimes Gatwick is a lot cheaper than Manchester and vice versa its crazy.
August 25, 2008 09:53PM
But as there used to be more options they have merged flights and reduced the number of flights. Less choice then you will pay a premium. Just wait and see,prices for nexted year apear to be + 25/33 % INCREASE for packed deals.
August 26, 2008 01:09AM
i now live north of Aberdeen so even Manchester is a 6/7 hour drive...i have done via Gatwick by air but the flts do not always connect so its means overnight hotels and extra costs
August 26, 2008 12:20PM
There is still the same amout of flights for First choice Thomson at the moment on thursdays (ex fca ) and Thomson still on Monday, so between them they havent lost any flights but next year they may have a rethink for 2010?
I know a few years back FCA did two flights on a Thursday to Halkidiki , one disappeared after 2005 for somereason? It was a afternoon/evening flight.
Im not sure which of the other airlines still go apart from BA, Thomas cook not sure about Olympic or cyprus maybe? Ive only flown with First Choice to Halkidiki.I heard XL are stopping too?
I have read that the Tui group are selling some aircraft (oldest first hopefully) and are merging some flights that go to the same places on the same day etc. So because FCA and TOM have different flight days for Halkidiki they might be okay for a bit longer yet!
August 26, 2008 12:24PM
Anyway if Tui and the rest of the merging companies do increase there prices dramatically and provide less seats....they will be taking up less airspace and airport space giving more opportunity for the low cost airlines such as ryan and easy to come in with their own cheaper flights to the same places , hopefully. Come on we need some more from Manchester.
August 26, 2008 01:33PM
Try booking for nexted year limmited flights at the moment. XL have already stoped,First choice cancelled flights from Manchester early in the season and started late june. Lets wait and see what happens.
August 26, 2008 05:19PM
The first choice flights still departed from Manchester and Gatwick in May, I know coz thats when we normally go , we didnt this year and we could have gone May/June for 900 quid for five of us for two weeks from gatwick! My other half wanted to do the garden , for when the rain came!
Makes me cry just thinking about it!
August 26, 2008 07:40PM
Jo Jo I have been twice in September as well as other times, but September is my favourite. Haven't needed air con to get over to sleep and its buy enough without being crowded. Going again on 15th Sept. I too have to travel from Scotland to Manchester for a flight and it also incurs an overnight in a hotel the previous evening as check in opens at 8.20. I still think its worth it to get to Hanioti.
John Corbett
Re: Lembit Road Military Cemetery, Salonika
August 27, 2008 10:17AM
My wife and I will be staying at the Hanoiti Village Hotel next month. We are pensioners and would be pleased if someone could give us some insight as to the suitability of the hotel for pensioners.
Also we wish to visit the Lembit Road British War Cemetery in Saloniki, and would be grateful if anyone knows of coach tours to this cemetery, and cost and length of journey. Possibly we may have to take a coach to Saloniki and find our way from there.
Any advice and comments would be helpful.
Thank you for reading and for taking the time to assist if possible.
Regards,
John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login