Easy Jet to Thessaloniki

Easy Jet to Thessaloniki

Posted by alanapp 
Easy Jet to Thessaloniki
August 17, 2008 05:26PM
We are thinking of flying from Gatwick by Easy Jet some advice and any tips would be most welcome. Will be traveling 5 th October for a week, is it worth paying for speedy boardings, and can you purchess refreshments on board ? Also thinking of 2/3 days in Thessaloniki before going back try to meet some old friends. Any chance that you may be around magoose ? thanks
Re: Easy Jet to Thessaloniki
August 17, 2008 06:27PM
Hi Alanapp

in my opinion speedy boarding is not worth it, yes you get called first to boardm, but if you are at the airport early enough you can get the first boarding call, which is just after speedy boarding and still have the pick of the seats as not a lot usually take advantage of speedy boarding,

you certainly can purchase food and drinks onboard the aircraft, usually sandwiches, crisps and the like, although sometimes they do hot paninis etc etc as well. Being onboard it is usually more expensive than purchasing in the airport. Or you could just go to the sandwich shop in the airport and get supplies in, they wont take them from you!

Would love to know your opinions on the new easyjet service to thessaloniki when you return, as in cost etc and what you thought.

Am hoping that they will extend the service to start to fly from a northern airport next year as well!
August 17, 2008 06:54PM
Thanks, cost is £168 for 2 without extras,We are from the west midlands so Gatwick is not our first choice but could not get return flights with Thomson must be as its last flight back. Have been with B A from Gatwick that was fine just getting there and back.
August 18, 2008 06:54AM
hi alan we are going to miss you again this time. we are flying out with BA on 7th september for 10 days i'm pretty sure that will be our last time this year.
August 18, 2008 01:46PM
Hi Alanapp (surname not Appleton like mine perchance?)

Flying Easyjet to Thessaloniki on Sunday (can't wait - even if it is 5.50am take off!) for 17 days! and have paid for speedy boarding etc. I am happy to let you know of my experience when I get back. The last couple of years we have flown with BA but this year Easyjet were much cheaper (£120 each return, booked early January) so no contest. Five and a bit more sleeps (can't really count Saturday night as we will leave at about 2am) and although we have been several times before, I am sooooo ready for this!

Regards

Shirley
August 18, 2008 07:42PM
Hi Mags sorry to miss you again, hope all go's well see you nexted year.
August 18, 2008 07:47PM
Thanks Shirley have a good holiday as I know you will, Once you fall in love with Halkidiki it calls you back time after time.Our surname is Appleby so not quite the same. But we are all family when we are in Halkidiki.
August 23, 2008 08:54AM
hi Alan did you book the easy jet flights?
August 23, 2008 02:12PM
not yet but possable over weekend or very soon.
August 23, 2008 08:27PM
Leaving for the airport in less than 5 hours time....taking off for Thessoloniki at 5.50am. Flying Easyjet for the first time to this destination) Should arrive at in Hanioti at lunch time, local time and I cannot wait......
SCOTT
August 28, 2008 07:48PM
hi. i always book speedy boarding ,and i find great as you get plenty of leg room which i need as it's a early flight. going back on 1st sept this will be mt fifth time this year ,love the place so much have just brought an apartment there.
Karen and Mick
transfers
September 15, 2008 08:59AM
Could anyone tell me the best way to travel from thessilonica airport to Hanioti. The taxi fares appears very expensive and there is no information on public transport. I have been told to approach a travel company at the airport and may be able to pay for transfers on their coaches.
September 15, 2008 11:58AM
Remember, Hanioti is about 60 miles so the taxi fare of around 70-75 euros is not so bad when you compare taxi rides in the UK. My sister once got offered a place on a tourist bus at the airport for her and her husband at 25 euros each though, but the trip took nearly two hours as it stopped at all the hotels.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login