Simantro Beach Hotel

Simantro Beach Hotel

Posted by hoopsy 
Simantro Beach Hotel
March 25, 2008 07:22PM
We are going to Simantro Beach Hotel, Sani, in June 2008, We have children ranging from 1-11, It would be great to hear from anyone who has been there before with any information (Pro's or Con's). Thanks.
Re: Simantro Beach Hotel
March 25, 2008 10:46PM
Nice hotel but very remote.It's on the beach surrounded by forest.The beach is sandy and safe.
I do believe that it's 90% German last time i was there so it may be worth checking.Unless your German of course in which case it will be fine
March 26, 2008 01:08PM
I echo Pedro, it is very remote. Although we have never stayed there, we have been out of season to the beach to collect shells! It looks a very nice beach, shallow water and safe. However, there is nothing else around. So unless you want a chilled out stay at the hotel holiday, then you may need to hire a car. I would suggest hiring a car anyway, it would be a shame to miss out on visiting other areas while you are here.

Cheers
March 26, 2008 09:49PM
Thanks both, there is a group of us of four families all from England, we are just looking for sand, sea and relaxing while the children play, so it all sounds lovely.
March 27, 2008 03:29PM
The sea is shallow and safe with hardly any tides or currents.There are walks that go through the woods to the resort of sani a few Km's away.They use to have a small bus to take you to the town of Kalithea
shazyg
March 27, 2008 06:05PM
hello I to am travelling at that time with hoopsy and cannot wait
colin milliner
June 20, 2008 08:27AM
how long to walk to the marina from simantro
sharon gilbert
Re: Simantro Beach Hotel WALKING TO MARINA
June 21, 2008 06:17AM
HI ,

APPARENTLY YOU CAN DO A WOODLAND WALK TO THE MARINA AT SANI BUT WE CHOSE NOT TO AS HAD SMALL CHILDREN ,BUGGYS ETC .

I BELIEVE ITS A GOOD HIKE AROUND 3 KMS .WE WERE A LARGE GROUP SO WE GOT HOTEL RECEPTION TO CALL FOR TAXIS ITS WAS 10 EUROS THERE AND 6 BACK ( NOT SURE HOW THAT WORKED ) WE SPENT THE DAY THERE IT HAS A NICE BEACK BUT WARNING GO IN FRONT OF THE GREEK CAMPSITE AS LOUNGERS AND UMBERRELLAS ARE FREE IF YOU GO THE POSH SIDE ITS 15 EUROS FOR 2 PEOPLE .

AND THE GRILL RESTURANT ON THE MARINA DOES LOVELY VERY REASONABLY PRICED FOOD .

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ANY MORE INFO ON THE HOTEL
SHARON
colin milliner
Re: Simantro Beach Hotel WALKING TO MARINA
June 21, 2008 04:26PM
thanks sharon.couple of things id like to ask.are there any buses or cycle hire.are there any other hotels close by and whats the hotel entertainment like,thanks,colin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login