exchange rate....

exchange rate....

Posted by doncaster daz 
exchange rate....
March 24, 2008 02:52PM
anyone living out there whats the exchange rate like at the moment,and is it best 2 change ye money in resort ore bfore u travel we are there at the end ov may.
Re: exchange rate....
March 24, 2008 05:28PM
Exchange rates (National Bank of Greece)

www.nbg.gr/encurrency.asp

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
March 25, 2008 06:23AM
We are getting more here using our Nationwide card than we did in the UK when we bought a few euros prior to travelling over. It goes up and down at the moment,\but I am sure by May it should be better. In UK we got 1.20, after haggling 1.26 but they then "did" us on the Swiss Francs, so we were no better off!

Here it started at 1.309 and has fluctuated up and down but no lower than 1.278 and is now on its way back up a bit. It may not sound much, but when taken in the context of your whole holidays spending money it could make a difference of £50+

Hope that helps. If you can get a Nationwide flex account card it is good. No charges and the best rate available at time of changing.
March 25, 2008 01:29PM
If you have a nationwide account in both of your names make sure you check what account they take the money out of. I have had a few mistakes lately. the only good thing is they took the money out of my wifes account rather than mine so not all bad.
March 25, 2008 04:28PM
Only got the one account, so no probs. Cheers
April 10, 2008 11:38AM
Can you let me know what the exchange rate is at the minute. Although I'm not coming until September (wish it was sooner!) the rate is rubbish over here (although I am hoping that it gets better when the season in full swing)!
April 10, 2008 11:42AM
0.79089 GBP = 1 EURO

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
April 10, 2008 02:22PM
The rate is totally rubbish over here too. I am with Nationwide which gives the best rate using cashpoints and at the moment it is 1.24 to the pound. My rent this year is costing another £500+. Hopefully by September it may get better for you, too late for us and our yearly rent though !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login