easyjet flights

easyjet flights

Posted by bev 
bev
easyjet flights
March 23, 2008 06:07PM
Has anyone booked easyjet flights for the summer from london gatwick to thessaloniki?
How's the weather now?
Re: easyjet flights
March 24, 2008 02:28PM
No, we are over here, by car. But looked for my sister for August and not too bad, but not much cheaper than BA as they now charge for hold luggage. Not as cheap as to Athens, but I suppose if you book early enough and not for a really busy time it may be OK.

Weather, has been lovely since we got here 14th March. Today was 24 deg and warm wind, but we are in for some rough windy and cold, wet weather over next three days apparently, before it starts to warm up again next weekend.
March 24, 2008 05:19PM
I have travelled by easy jet.I checked in the night before as the flight was early in the morning and went through customs as soon as it opened around 3:30 so missed the crowds.The flight was good.
As for the price the earlier you book the cheaped it is.Do watch out for extra cost like hold baggage.
I paid only 50 euro's for a flight with BA and that includes a meal and hole baggage.
It always pays to book as far ahead as possible
March 25, 2008 01:33PM
Jane

I am interested in how you get on driving over to halkidiki do you do it every year? Where abouts do you stay when in halkidiki.
March 25, 2008 01:55PM
Hi Bev

I have booked flights to Thessaloniki from Gatwick flying out on 24th August and back on 10th September. £120 each return.
March 25, 2008 04:26PM
Hi Shoey

We take it easy as we have a dog with us too. We leave from Midlands and drive to Folkestone, get channel tunnel over and drive on a bit, this time to Arras. Next stop Strasbourg, followed by Parma. Boat leaves from Ancona (we used to go from Venice but their boats do not allow dogs in cabins and I want our dog with us - she loves water too much to trust her to kennels on deck !).

Superfast over to Igoumenitsa, then about a six hour drive up to Halkidiki.

We have rented a house for three years. (We did it before, ten years ago, for three years in the same area but a different place). Maisonette as they call them here. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, lounge come kitchen. Two balconies overlooking the sea, and one large balcony on the road side. We are off the main road on a little side road. Quite expensive, more so than our last place we rented ten years ago, but on the plus side we have everything here already and do not need to buy anything, i.e. washing machine, microwave, dishwasher (not that I would buy one here, but it is nice!), towels, sheets, cutlery, crockery, air con, heating, even a hairdryer. Also sunbed for garden, three outside tables and chairs, large landscaped garden and steps down to the sea. Rocky on this side, with pebbles instead of sand, but hey no tourists come even in August. Just a few of the locals and current visitors to the village. Makes the beach lovely and quiet and the sea is perfectly clear and clean. We are near Skioni for shopping, not far from Fourka for the supermarket there, a ten minute drive over the mountain to Hanioti, perfect really.

Our place consists of three maisonettes (one occupied by the owner weekends in summer and July/August( the other is empty. Underneath the maisonetts are three two bedroom ground floor apartments. Not sure what they are like as to space, but they too have a large balcony overlooking the garden and sea. They should be a bit cheaper.

We like it here as it is quiet but we are near to other places when we want a bit of life. In August even here though it is busy at the one and only local bar!. Two supermarkets and a giros place and that is about it.

There are of course other similar type apartments for rent all over Halkidiki, and plenty on the other side where all the tourist hotels are. Depends what you want really.

Hope that helps.

Jane
March 25, 2008 10:51PM
hi Jane
where in the Midlands are you from.I have driven over a few times but I fly most of the time now.I'm heading back for the summer season in a few weeks.I was over there in Paliouri a few weeks ago when we had the snow.It did look great
Kezzybabes
April 01, 2008 10:25AM
Hi
Yeah me & my mate have booked for june with easyjet from Gatwick,usually fly from there anyway as generally cheaper but not done easyjet before as i think it's their first summer doing that route but at £74 return for 14 nights i wasn't going to sniff at it. (that includes hold luggage too)Have been going for years so always do it by booking a flight n getting somewhere to stay when i get there,got a really good deal this year with the flights being so cheap!
April 01, 2008 01:14PM
Hi Kerry

You had better reckon on needing a bit more spends though, the exchange rate is cr.p at the moment. No sign of it getting to last years levels, yet............. Hope to see you at Casablanca, we were there yesterday as they opened up at the weekend.

When are you coming?

Jane
Kezzybabes
April 01, 2008 06:40PM
Hi Jane,don't worry,with what we've saved on the cost will make up the spends & we're not coming til back end of june so could change by then.Yeah heard about Casa opening early this year,can't wait to get back n see everyone again.How's it treating you over there?x
LesleyS
Re: house rentals in halkidiki
April 19, 2008 02:14PM
Hello -

Lovely description of your rental house; could you send me the contact information for something similar? We will be three families driving from Bulgaria, 1st two weeks of July and would like something to accommodate us all.

Prefer beach access where the kids (10 - 13, but 7 of them) could swim, play in sand, etc., and a town with a little something to see, but no need for nightlife, etc.

Thank you, Lesley & Sam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login