Afitos

Afitos

Posted by Angie2008 
Afitos
January 25, 2008 07:03PM
Hi All

Firstly, can I say what a brilliant forum this is. Have been reading through the posts and most of my questions have already been answered. Excellent.

This will be our first visit to Halkidiki and we will be staying at the Andreou Houses in Afitos. Has anyone stayed here or got any information on them as I can't find any reviews etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Angie
Re: Afitos
January 25, 2008 09:00PM
Hello
I went to Afitos for the first time last year,and it was beautiful i couldn't fault it.Not sure where Andreou houses is but im sure you will have a great time
Make sure you go and have a meal at Haris,they are wonderful and also have a drink at Paradis bar,the owner is George.
When are you going?
love Blankie
January 26, 2008 01:16AM
Hi.

Thanks for the info. Will definitely visit the places you have recommended. We are going in August so I guess it will be busy and hot! We were looking for somewhere fairly quiet but within easy reach of restaurants etc and Afitos seems to tick all the boxes. The apartments look lovely but I can't find any information on them and I'm getting a bit nervous as I've arranged everything myself.

Just out of interest, I gather the beach is down quite a steep hill. Is it possible to drive down and park as my father in law cannot walk too far or are there any other beaches in the area that we can park quite near to. We are staying for two weeks so intend to explore the area as much as possible although I gather driving in peak season can be quite a daunting experience!

Angie
January 26, 2008 08:53AM
Hello
It will be hot in august,but when we was there it was very hot as they were having a heatwave.
the beach is down a steep hill and you can drive down to it.
im going in june so i will have a look around for you and let you know
love
Blankie
January 26, 2008 03:40PM
Hi

Great news about the beach. It must be a lovely place if you're going back again. Thanks so much for offering to look around for me. Where are you staying? I'm probably worrying about nothing and it will all be fine but the communication with the owner has been a bit limited due to the language barrier. I'm not complaining as his English puts my very basic Greek to shame. Looking forward to some hot weather although I don't think I'll mention the heatwave to the in-laws!

Angie
January 27, 2008 11:22AM
Hi Angie

Please find the link hope it is of help, we are unsure exactly where the apartments are in the village but no matter where they are you will have a great time.

[]

As Blankie states have a drink in the cafe/bar paralis with George and Helena. Harris and Christos tavernas serve excellant food.
January 27, 2008 04:05PM
Hi

Thanks for replying. Can't believe how friendly and helpful everyone is. I can't get the link to work but found the apartment on Go.Halkidiki.com. Just waiting for final confirmation of availability before sending the deposit but he's not responding to my e-mails at the moment. Do you think I should just send the deposit and hope for the best.

Angie
January 28, 2008 09:06PM
hi
Just found this while looking for you,hope it helps

www: []

blankie x x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2008 09:09PM by blankie.
January 29, 2008 01:24PM
Hi Angie

not sure where the Andreou Houses are but if you are not sure i can recommend the aegean blue which is in a great position just on the outskirrts of the village which to be truthful is good as it can be quite busy in the summer. Also the Achtis is a rather nice hotel i can thorougly recommend or the stamos a smaller hotel with lovely swimming pool, on the road to kalathea there is the hotel called nostos if you need any links to these websites send me a note and i will try to add them to the website but it looks like there is a program on the forum to stop you getting the true websites that people enter which i can understand why, as it stops a lot of advertising.I know all these hotels will speak excellent english. Best to book as early as possible for august if you are going to do it yourself as a lot the hotels get fully booked in august. Don't worry about the traffic ok it can be busy at the week-ends but there are good links to afitos just a straight road from the airport about an hour away.

Enjoy Afitos.

Phil
January 30, 2008 12:18AM
Hi

Many thanks for your replies. Have received an email confirming availability and have now paid the deposit. Am going to stop worrying now and just look forward to it. Only six months to go! Have received excellent service from Sakis at Kriopigi Cars so thank you to all those that recommended them and I cannot praise them enough.

Angie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login